Merchant Accounts

I am currently looking for an international merchant account because 2checkout services had become really unreliable.

As most of you might have know they converted to this version 2 of their system. And in my opinion this migration is causing a lot of unwated problems, like balance in my v1 and not transfered over to my v2..etc.. Their customer support is non existence. They don't even reply, I sent them like 3 tickets over 2 weeks. NO REPLIES. Lousy.

I wanted to consider other 3rd party cc processor, but i figured out the cost of 5% is not worth it. That is like $100 for ever $2000 sales.

But on the other hand, there are no merchant accounts lower than 4.5% for international merchant.

What is the problem with interntional merchant over US merchant being able to get 2%? I wish I lived in the states!

Any recommendation on merchant account/ cc processors would be great.

I think that the big issue is recovering money from a merchant if the merchant is shady. It's pretty much impossible to sue a company across borders (or at least prohibitively expensive).

Where are you based? Have you tried a merchant account through a local bank?

Castle Pines, CO
    Well in the United States we have what is called Social Security Number. And then we hav a driver's license number. These numbers help to track individuals. There are companies that keep reports on us Americans that have things like when / if we pay our bills on time, etc.

Companies that do charge more for set-up etc, have my vote more because they understand the costs involved in keeping up a company like that.

Aaron, probably Worldpay or eNets would be more suitable for your requirements.