Why Tabbed Browsing?

I still don't understand the big deal about tabbed browsing. I've been using multiple explorer windows since I started to use the net, and I have always liked it that way. I don't see what's the big deal with tabbed browsing when it is so much easier and clearer when you use multiple windows.

Anyone with me?
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I personally like the tabbed browsing because,

1.) It stays in the same window so when other progs are open I don't have to sift through Explorer windows
    2.) You can middle (scroll wheel) click to open and close tabs
    3.) I can drag and drop tabs to a desired location (IE opens them and they are in the order you open them in, can't move them around
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

So there aren't 20+ windows open in the bottom, and everything else gets smushed (like IM program convo's) etc...

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    So there aren't 20+ windows open in the bottom, and everything else gets smushed (like IM program convo's) etc...
    Yea. I still don't get why IE doesn't have tabs, jeez, I think that's probably the #1 reason why people don't use IE.

Once I started using tabs I have alot more open than I ever did windows. They definatly increase my productivity.

I take advantage of having multiple browser windows open and having multiple tabs open within each browser window. It's a great way to keep things organized.

In Age of Kings we use to "micro" our resources in the game for efficent collecting of food, gold, stone, wood, etc by placing them right next ot the resources. Basically what i'm saying is if you have everything in one spot and organized its easier to find it.
    Kerry Jones

I prefer having less windows open. This is because i use alt+tab to navigate through open windows.

alt+tab for windows
    ctrl+tab for tabs

Firefox supports both multiple windows, and tabs.

On Safari (On my Mac) I use tabs. On Internet Explorer, I don't.

Depends on my humor I guess
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

Tabs used in conjunction with Windows is great for organising when you have 10+ windows opened.

Okok. I get the message, I am the only one on this planet not to use tabbed browsing and FireFox...
    New site: www.talkutas.com