Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerVPS Feedback

I am a powervps customer on the Cpanel Power-1 plan. I gotta declare that powervps has an excellent service and the best customer support I have ever seen. I am very happy with them and would refer them with my eyes closed to anyone thinking of getting a VPS.

I usually have minor questions on how to's and they professionally help me out. They usually reply to my tickets within 5 mts. I submit a ticket in the middle of the night waiting for the next morning to get an answer and shockingly get a reply back immediately in 2mts.

They voice confirmed my order at 5 am in the morning, and the vps details were sent to me immediately with the vps set up all ready to go.

This is my 2nd week now with VPS and I gotta say I am having good sleep with no troubles.

So Two Thumbs Up for PowerVPS.com and appreciate the hardwork and effort PowerVPS team is putting in to be the very best.

Thanks for the review. That only adds more confirmation to the good reputation PowerVPS has which makes deciding to go with them all the more pleasant.

I am currently deciding between powervps and servint. Both have great reviews, but powervps lacks telephone support. I was ready to go with powervps, but there is something comforting about the idea of being able to speak to a technician 24/7 if anything happens. I called servint today and spoke to Jennifer who told me that servint offers telephone support at all times. I am sure both companies will deliver great service, but I still cannot decide.

never tried servint... so i cant say much about them ... but about powervps.... guaranteed excellent service and support. I dont feel the need for a phone support with powervps.

Originally posted by robs_77
    I am currently deciding between powervps and servint. Both have great reviews, but powervps lacks telephone support. I was ready to go with powervps, but there is something comforting about the idea of being able to speak to a technician 24/7 if anything happens. I called servint today and spoke to Jennifer who told me that servint offers telephone support at all times. I am sure both companies will deliver great service, but I still cannot decide.
    I got a VPS with servint a few days ago. Email's are replied to in 2-3 minutes, with solutions or telling you they've fixed it Performance of the VPS is much better than the one I had previously.
    Not tried the phone support yet, but that's exactly the reason I chose them over PowerVPS. Servint have phone support, powervps don't - it can make all the difference if something goes really wrong to be able to talk to a live person
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

PowerVPS is one class act. They serve their clients first and think about the money later. That's the way good business should be.

If they were a listed entity, I'd but shares in the company.

Ulysses

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with PowerVPS.

I am with ServInt and have nothing but praise for them.

They are very nice and efficient people and don't let nothing go wrong.

Although i'm slowly edging over to EuroVps at the moment as all my clients are based in Europe and the speeds are better to a vps based in Europe than a vps based in the USA.

PowerVPS and ServInt are very close

Glad you like PowerVPS!

I am a happy customer of PowerVPS too!

Keep up the good work PowerVPS!

I personally find Servint's NOC to be a bit lazy at times. Overall I am quite happy the services they provide. Ill write up a review on them one of these days.

I have a VPS that I signed up for a few weeks ago with Servint. I learned about them from the WHT reviews here. Their tech support response time is fast. I was impressed. But I haven't been impressed by the quality of the responses. I almost feel like I'm bothering them when I contact them and some of the problems I've had have not been resolved.

I'm going to open a VPS account with PowerVPS and see how they compare.

Teresa

I just opened an account last night with PowerVPS, due mainly to the glowing reviews from WHT.

This VPS is needed to accommodate growth, also for redundancy - don't want to keep all of our sites at the same data center.

I haven't had time to do anything yet with it besides logging in, but I've been happy so far with their sales and signup process.
    But I do plan to use their support very soon as I set things up.

I was with Defenderhosting / PowerVPS since Aug of 2004 and never been happier. They have great support, even in the middle of the night when i break something while trying to upgrade somthing they'll fix it. Charles and Tom are great, they seem to never sleep. The only downtime I had with them are scheduled host upgrades and the Server failure back in dec. They immedetally started to investigate the error and started to move VPSes to a hot spare serve. This was the middle of the night and they were up fixing it. I couldnt praise the PowerVPS team more, they are simply the best.

I would also like to give a thumbs up to PowerVPS.

They voice-confirmed my order at 11:00 at night (on a Friday) and informed me that it may take up to 24 hours to get my VPS as they were setting up another VPS server. No problem; I wasn't in a huge rush anyway. Then, when the server was taking longer to set up than they had originally estimated, they emailed me immediately to let me know. They also set my VPS up temporarily on another server so I could begin configuring, uploading, etc.

I've also had some tech and billing support questions; all were answered within the hour and have always been quite pleasant to deal with.

Great job, PowerVPS!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Originally posted by Venus3
    I have a VPS that I signed up for a few weeks ago with Servint. I learned about them from the WHT reviews here. Their tech support response time is fast. I was impressed. But I haven't been impressed by the quality of the responses. I almost feel like I'm bothering them when I contact them...
    Yeap me too. Sometimes i do feel like that.

But I haven't been impressed by the quality of the responses. I almost feel like I'm bothering them when I contact them...
    the same impression :-(
    Your Health Encyclopedia
    Medical and health consumer information resources containing comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language

Originally posted by 3-rx
    the same impression :-(
    fast response doesn' t mean necessarily mean fast"solution"

I've never had a problem with the attitude or responses of the datacenter.

Unless of course you are referring to how they tell you what to do rather than fixing it themselves?

Personally, I think that works out best for everyone. Clients who might not be so experienced in working with servers learn something new and become just that bit more confident in using SSH etc... - and learning something new is always a good thing.

As others have said, if it really is so much of a problem to run a few SSH commands yourself, just ask the servint noc and they'll fix it for you.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Yeah servint responds real fast but usually worthless

Originally posted by rbrowme
    Yeah servint responds real fast but usually worthless
    In what way are Servints reply's worthless? A few of you seem to be complaining about them, but not really giving anything to support your claims.
    Alasdair

tickedon, dont get me wrong. I didnt say that they were bad or anything. Servint is one of the best VPS provider on the market, their support is very promptly. Im with them almost a year now and happy with their support and when having issues with my billing, leslie is very helpful.

Theres once or twice maybe i caught the NOC in a very bad time, for example theres once, i send a second email asking for an update regarding my problems with the vps because i didnt heard from them almost 8 hours since before this they were very promptly and super fast answering my emails and when i receive their reply, it sounds a bit unfriendly for me (maybe just me) but they did the job done by the way. Mike, Jim, Ben, Jorge, Chris, Dave and a few i cant remember was always there for me though

Currently I have account's' with servint and powervps and will expand my small business with servint. Honestly they both a top notch with comes to support. I apologise if my statement was misunderstood. Im happy with both of them and unlikely from that, im way way too far from rbrowme statement.

Thumbs up My Take . . .

Thought I'd throw my take into the feedback to help those who are searching for a VPS solution.

I, like many, were looking at Servint and Liquid Web. I had 4 different cpanel reseller accounts with various providers and wanted to condense them simply for management. I also wanted to be able to grow my knowledge and responsibility. I'd much rather have control, but was always concerned about the technical knowledge to manage a server.

I then stumbled on a post here about PowerVPS. Economics were good - again, not a big factor, it was more an issue of support and being able to be protected during my learning curve. I was really attracted by PowerVPS's Fast Start (or whatever they call it) package that in essence made the server "ready" for me. I also liked how they spelled out specifically what support is to be expected.

None the less, I pulled the trigger with PowerVPS about a month ago. I have nothing but praises for them. I can't speak on the other companies I was considering, but to me I am thrilled with my choice. In fact I am so pleased I was originally going to keep a couple "high profile" accounts on my reseller accounts, but I now feel confident that it would actually be better to move them over to "my server".

I'm truly surprised how easy it was to make the transfer from a reseller account to my own VPS. Sure, I've learned alot, but PowerVPS has allowed me the opportunity to learn the behind the scenes "stuff" at my own pace with the confidence that my customer's sites are secure as I learn (or even if I blunder).

Lastly, I'll share an email I sent to them a couple days ago:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hey, just to let you know I've never managed a server before and moved to you from several cpanel reseller accounts with various providers.

You have made it so easy for me to make the move. Your support has been great and your Easy Start was just what I was looking for. That was the primary reason I chose you over some of the others and I don't regret it for a minute. You've saved me tons of time by having the server ready to go and now I can learn the behind the server stuff at my own pace without worrying about compromising my customers accounts.

I absolutely love having the flexibility that the VPS allows.

I can't begin to thank you enough!

None the less, I'm on a monthly payment basis. Please change that during the next cycle to a yearly basis. I ain't going nowhere!!!

Thanks so much!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    For what it's worth . . . check them out . . . I'm glad I did.

Originally posted by Venus3
    I almost feel like I'm bothering them when I contact them and some of the problems I've had have not been resolved.
    Teresa
    just found this thread...

same situation for me lately also,guess im not the only one who feels this way.

I know some of my questions are basic at times,and I like to double check things with noc when im unsure about a step,if they cant help,atleast reply back and let me know.

this only started the last couple weeks,hopefully it will stop.

our VPS with them has been wonderful,no problems at all.
    Last edited by kindred1; 04-20-2005 at 10:41 PM.

I have seen some gripes on the servint forum about the VPS performance relative to PowerVPS. My VPS at Servint seems to serve dyanamic content just fine based on a test install of osCommerse and Drupal.

Anyone else see this differnence? Or is it just a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the net?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast