Thread: one domain 4ns

one domain 4ns

Hello
    last month i bought windows reseller pakage & created ns for my own domain ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com
    today i have bought linux reseller package from another company . can i create new ns for this package like
    ns3.mydomain.com & ns4.mydomain.com ???????
    if i cant what should i do ????
    thank you for kind attention

Hi,
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is this?
    I understand about primary and secondary nameservers. And that a domain name points to them. So, what happens when you domain is typed in? It goes ??? where?????

Lol, sorry, but can some1 just explain it all to me???

Thanks very much!!!

i need private ns for my linux package !!!
    is it to do that ?????

Yes you can create ns3.mydomain.com & ns4.mydomain.com for the new reseller package. But why not register a new domain name for the linux server.

i did it but it will be 2 webs for the hosting company !!!!!!
    can i point them to each other ?

You can point the second domain to your first site, or redirect the second domain to the first domain.

This could be an issue, when u look into the Search Engine Optimization aspect.. Google doesnt like 2 domains for the same website. There could be a penality !

I dont get it, when u type in ur domain, it takes u to ur primary ns doesnt it? So why wud u use ns3 and 4? what wud be the point? can u access a site using ns3/4, and how?
    sorry, if im bineg think, i just dont get it.lol
    thanks to any1 that explains it to me

Hi.. ns3 / ns4 will be used only in case ns1 and ns2 both fail.

But the issue here is that he wants ns3 and ns4 with the same domain name, like ns3.mydomainname.com, ns4.mydomainname.com for his 2nd website too..

hi all
    cheezyal & praveenviswanath.
    i am new on hosting service & i wrote to get help from you .
    i have windows resseler package with domain & 2ns & i lately bought new liunx reseleer package , can i use the same domain for 2 packages ?
    i thought that i should create new ns for the liunx package so i chose to create ns3 & ns4 , is it right to do that ?
    if it is wrong please help me & tell me how to do it ?
    Thanks

Hi,
    firstly you need to register the nameservers with your domain name registrar, with the IP's from server 1 for ns1 & ns2 and the IP's for the 2nd server for ns3 & ns4.

You should then add all the ns's to the dns zone file for your domain.

Then, if you have a domain hosted on server 1 they should use ns1 & ns2 and if you have a domain hosted on server 2 they should use ns3 & ns4.

We have a number of resellers with accounts on different servers using the above method without any problems.

Thank you Deefer
    but what if i have 10 servers ?
    should i create ns from ns1 to ns20 & point the domain to them ??? or should i register 10 domains ?

Originally posted by wardtheking
    Thank you Deefer
    but what if i have 10 servers ?
    should i create ns from ns1 to ns20 & point the domain to them ??? or should i register 10 domains ?
    That is entirely up to you, there are some that say having all your ns under 1 domain is not a good idea as if that server is down it may affect the domains using your ns on other servers, although I have never experienced this.

I would recommend that if you decide to go the ns1 - ns 20 route that you use servername1.yourdomain.com - servername20.yourdomain.com as it saves alot of confusion knowing which nameservers belong to which server. This is the method I use and it works very well for me.

Originally posted by Deefer
    That is entirely up to you, there are some that say having all your ns under 1 domain is not a good idea as if that server is down it may affect the domains using your ns on other servers, although I have never experienced this.
    We have upto ns25.spiritconnect.net using Zone Edit and our own boxes as slaves for the DNS - 100% DNS uptime no problem hosting close to 4000 domains.

ooft, i dont mean to beg, but i just posted http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...88#post3037488 then realised this post...

help! just, HELP!!!