Any Advice? Credit Card processing/Payment Gateway

I plan to launch a e-commerce website and need to accept payments online. I have looked at lots of merchant account providers and 3rd party resellers. And I am confused a lot.

I have shortlisted a few, does any one have any experience good or bad with these , please advice !!

1. Costco usng Nove Information systems
    2. Charge.com
    3. ChargeNational.com
    4. May be sams club credit card processing

I would want to avoid the initial setup and app. fee and for first year my payments will not exceed $2000.

Please advice, thanks a ton.

Since you seem to be in the United States, and if you are a member of Costco, you might take advantage of their services. There is hardly any MAP that actually charges a set-up (application) cost these days (although at times there really should be a fee since it does take a lot of work). I used Costco a long time ago. Service was good no problems.

One thing - do consider adding Paypal also in conjunction with your merchant account.

As far as your yearly fees, I am assuming you are not taking into consideration the discount rates / transaction fees since these will increase as your volume increases.

We use Cardservice (which charge.com is a reseller of) and have been extremely happy with their services and support
    Last edited by Corey Bryant; 04-17-2005 at 04:13 PM.

I have considered paypal also, but I personally do not like the paypal payment details page. User has to do 2 clicks there, one to say that if he or she is not a paypal member and then enter crdit card details .

Does paypal provides a service where I can use my payment details page and process it using paypal gateway i.e. I do not want to use Paypal html screen?

I checked your website. You seem to provide merchant account your selves. Are U a reseller?
    If you provide MA, then why do you need to use some other provider like cardservice etc?

No - it is a third party processor. That is why it goes over to their screen.

As far as processing though on your secure website - almost all electronic payment gateways will be able to support that requirement. Some do charge extra for that API as well.

Originally posted by ipiscean
    I checked your website. You seem to provide merchant account your selves. Are U a reseller?
    If you provide MA, then why do you need to use some other provider like cardservice etc?
    This message was for Corey.

To answer that one specific question - yes we are a reseller actually.