Remote Controlled F-14

This thing is huge and must be very expensive. I'm impressed. Video Site that sells jet engines.

Great video!

Surely you've seen the huge B52 model with 8 Wren turbojets. Alas it is no more, here is a link to a site that has the crash video.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert....ng/gallery.htm
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by trau
    [B]Surely you've seen the huge B52 model with 8 Wren turbojets.
    I saw a picture but nothing more. Thanks!

Arm-chair pilots... sooo funny.
    Brandon L
    *DedicatedSpace.com - JaguarPC.com
    * Quality web hosting since '98
    Call 800-558-5869 or Email sales@jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by Martinez
    I saw a picture but nothing more. Thanks!
    Try clicking on the link that says B52 Crash 2 to the left of the pictures.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Wow I love military aircrafts, especially the F-14. That's just incredible to see a small version of it (the engine sounds exactly like the bigger ones). Do you know if it comes with miniature missiles ? just kidding of course.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

I'm officially impressed ...
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

I'm thinking if they could add a computer with GPS on board to guide it, and some miniature missiles we could send a squadron to hit a target without risking any human life.

Very clever. Must have cost a bomb to make. If one of those crashed and I had just built it - I would cry. , hehe. No seriously - i would!
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Originally posted by fusionx1
    Very clever. Must have cost a bomb to make. If one of those crashed and I had just built it - I would cry. , hehe. No seriously - i would!
    At $25 000 a pop I would cry also

Originally posted by J-P
    I'm thinking if they could add a computer with GPS on board to guide it, and some miniature missiles we could send a squadron to hit a target without risking any human life.
    already been done. see predator.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I think someday there may be completely remote controlled fighters that can go into a dogfight and win. Probably not very soon. Remotely piloting such an aircraft would be very different from being in the aircraft, with no physical sensation of acceleration, deceleration, etc. However, it could be possible someday to put on an array of sensors that could send information to a remote piloting station giving the pilot a more complete view of the surroundings than being in the cockpit. It could also solve the problems of allowing high speed turns at higher G's than a pilot could stand.
    Some downsides include the possibility that the enemy can take the aircraft out of action by either hitting the piloting station or disrupting communication. Also, remote pilots may suffer motion sickness because of the disconnect of visual information and middle-ear position and gravity sensation.

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    I think someday there may be completely remote controlled fighters that can go into a dogfight and win. Probably not very soon. Remotely piloting such an aircraft would be very different from being in the aircraft, with no physical sensation of acceleration, deceleration, etc. However, it could be possible someday to put on an array of sensors that could send information to a remote piloting station giving the pilot a more complete view of the surroundings than being in the cockpit. It could also solve the problems of allowing high speed turns at higher G's than a pilot could stand.
    Some downsides include the possibility that the enemy can take the aircraft out of action by either hitting the piloting station or disrupting communication. Also, remote pilots may suffer motion sickness because of the disconnect of visual information and middle-ear position and gravity sensation.
    There already are such government and private projects in the works, and such aircraft is already being used for purposes of reconnaissance, even in the war in Iraq. They are remotely controlled from a central station. However, they obviously don't cause motion sickness because of the fact that they are used in reconnaissance in a, for the most part, linear path with mounted cameras, not in fast, dizzying maneuvers that would cause motion sickness.

I found better videos here they are

http://www.airpacmodels.com/uploads/...pGun_Italy.wmv

and for other videos of Turbo Jet engine powered miniature aircrafts you can check http://members.chello.nl/r.braam2/video-pagina.htm

Originally posted by J-P
    I found better videos here they are

http://www.airpacmodels.com/uploads/...pGun_Italy.wmv

and for other videos of Turbo Jet engine powered miniature aircrafts you can check http://members.chello.nl/r.braam2/video-pagina.htm
    They should make RC cars with these jet engines.

lol

I have gas power RC cars and planes, and I can tell you, the RC Cars go plenty fast without a jet! I can race real cars around the dirt/gravel roads around my house and easily win.

I don't have an RC jet, but have flown with one at the field one time, it was pretty fast, but some of the really small rc prop planes were just as fast(I can't claim the jet was running full speed, but I know the prop planes were).