Question Canaca For A Radio Site?

Hi, I am the lord and master of EVILISCIOUS DOT COM

I have finally completed the website.

I have 8 spectacular radio shows lined up which i want to stream through my website. Now i'm talking non indexed media streaming; not regular http streaming.

KNAC DOT COM
    Thats a perfect example of what i desire
    Archived broadcasting. Not live, neither on demand. It works in a fashion as in, I upload the tracks and they play by themselves.

My website is currently hosted with canaca.com's gold web plan
    They offer obscene amounts of space and bandwidth.
    I had not read these negative reviews about them when i purchased the hosting. I was overjoyed with the space and bandwidth.

However, recently I have noticed a consistant downtime on my website. Its almost like clockwork, its up for 5 hours and down for 15 minutes before it returns. I ask them for help and all i get is a reply saying 'your website is back up, let us know if you exprience more trouble'. Hell, this is almost a daily feature now! And to think they guarantee a 99% uptime. If anyone from canaca is viewing this post, then do reply.

If these issues are resolved...then what do you think about setting up my radio stream on my current hosting plan?
    600 gb/month seems good enough for that.

I suggest checking out companies that specialize in audio streaming for example www.streamguys.com then get a webhosting account at any company for say $5 and just have your html stuff there.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Re: Canaca For A Radio Site?

Originally posted by EVILISCIOUS
    I had not read these negative reviews about them when i purchased the hosting.
    However, recently I have noticed a consistant downtime on my website. Its almost like clockwork, its up for 5 hours and down for 15 minutes before it returns. I ask them for help and all i get is a reply saying 'your website is back up, let us know if you exprience more trouble'.

Looks like you are not alone.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

Re: Canaca For A Radio Site?

streaming guys dot com sound perfect. Windows media listings. Sounds great, but 395 is a bit high, dont you think??

www.viastreaming.com does streaming. You may want to take a look.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

We have our own servers for our own broadcasts. I would recommend doing the same. Save the money. I would only recommend this option if you are already familiar with setting up broadcast servers and operating a web system.

Originally posted by ArnettME
    We have our own servers for our own broadcasts. I would recommend doing the same. Save the money. I would only recommend this option if you are already familiar with setting up broadcast servers and operating a web system.
    Some technical help will be appreciated