CRM - Customer Relationship Management

Hey all,
    We have been developing a CRM web program(based on PHP) for about 2 months, it has many features that other CRM's don't have.

It should make the company support and the financial department to handle stuff more easily and faster of course.

We are going to start marketing it in May, we caculated a prise, But we had never marketed anything out of Israel. And we don't know what prise should it be.

Will you pay for such a system, if you do, how much will it be?

Hello!

It's hard to set a value for a software that we have not seen, nor tried. What you should do is to compare your software to competitors, in terms of features, price and possibly other criterias as well. You should also decide which market you are targeting, i.e., if you are targeting small hosts they will typically have a smaller budget for investments than larger hosts, and thus your prices should reflect that.

Same goes with marketing campaigns. I would expect that selling a piece of low-priced software could be fairly easy, a banner ad and a few positive referrers in a forum such as this and most of the work could already be done, while selling an expensive solution may take months and months just to sell in to one single large host (I am not talking about "modernbill-expensive" here, but really costly solutions). Your sales and marketing strategics should reflect that..

I'd search the forums for competitors and look at their prices etc., as said above. Consider what price you'd be comfortable selling the software for and don't go below that price if you can avoid it (that will - sooner or later - take away your motivation to further development anyway). Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by polarbear
    Hello!

It's hard to set a value for a software that we have not seen, nor tried. What you should do is to compare your software to competitors, in terms of features, price and possibly other criterias as well. You should also decide which market you are targeting, i.e., if you are targeting small hosts they will typically have a smaller budget for investments than larger hosts, and thus your prices should reflect that.

Same goes with marketing campaigns. I would expect that selling a piece of low-priced software could be fairly easy, a banner ad and a few positive referrers in a forum such as this and most of the work could already be done, while selling an expensive solution may take months and months just to sell in to one single large host (I am not talking about "modernbill-expensive" here, but really costly solutions). Your sales and marketing strategics should reflect that..

I'd search the forums for competitors and look at their prices etc., as said above. Consider what price you'd be comfortable selling the software for and don't go below that price if you can avoid it (that will - sooner or later - take away your motivation to further development anyway). Best of luck to you.
    Thanks for the fast replay.
    I do have different selling and marketing strategis, i also have quite wide experience in marketing.

I believe ill be able to show demo account - here.
    I've compared our product with some competitiors, and found out i most cases that our product was better and easier to use.

I would like to also propuse in this thread an employment offer:
    Iam searching for someone from the U.S who will be the manager of iOkun U.S, and other different things related to U.S selling marketing etc.
    Mail resumes to [email protected]

Thanks.

Hello again.

You might be better off posting employment offers in the offer/req forum here, as it'll probably be read by more people actually looking for such offers. Just a tip.

Best regards,

hi, i'm a registered Microsoft partner. i have access to MS CRM and what make your CRM different from what MS is offering. it seem like you're targeting small to midsize market which is excatly where MS want to be. do you have channle partners? what are you offering to educated your partners to sell your CRM? what's your partner program?

i don't know who you're targeting but Siebel got enterprise cover, MS try to get in small and midszie market while SugarCRM is a opensource CRM.

i think there is one niche you can try, the webhost market. the niche market maybe your best shot vs already established CRM marekt. it's going to be tough. i wish you luck.