Aquiring domain names

How easy is it to aquire a domain name that is being used for just a standard crappy ad and search page? I figure that should be easy to buy.

How difficult is it to wrest control of a domain if the name is pretty much the same as your company but some upstart free email service has registered it? I figure they won't want to sell it but I can afford to burn money on legal bills and I doubt they can.. might get it that way by them just saying "ok, here, take it and go away".

Not all domains with "standard crappy ad search page" are cheap, for example take a look at the owner will definitely ask for at least $75k for this domain. If there is a developed website then the "Buy Now" price will also include monthly earnings average.

The price always depends on the domain name, search engine popularity and backlinks. Also take a look at, simple page, almost no content and not a great name. But searching in google reveals over 23,000 backlinks. [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

they usualy park it and gain money from the traffic.

i doubt u'll get an offer for less than $1,000 for any of the domains parked there.

unless it was the registrar parking page which shows by default who knows
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

you might try to make an offer to the domainer by getting his name in the whois.
    Tell him that he will never sell this domain for such a high price, etc..