* Our Hosting Sales 50% Decreased

our new sales at least 50% decreased since march...

Are you experiencing lack of sales at you hosting service too? Altough you are running same or better traffic and service performance...
    i tought it must be the march silence but it is going to be april end and still lack on sales

Tax season just drained money out of the economy. Sales will be slow.

Have you changed anything with your site? Promotions? etc.? If you're having the same traffic have you changed your sales pitches any? Try new things if you are already doing bad. May be a good remaining 2 weeks or so to test out new methods to try and revive conversions.

Are you tracking your marketing campaigns?

We've seen this month turning out to again be our best month yet!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

Originally posted by Taylor
    Same here! Another great month!

Originally posted by Taylor
    Have you changed anything with your site? Promotions? etc.? If you're having the same traffic have you changed your sales pitches any? Try new things if you are already doing bad. May be a good remaining 2 weeks or so to test out new methods to try and revive conversions.

Are you tracking your marketing campaigns?

lol site5 you are making really big Ad campaign at search engines as i see but no we never tried SE campaigns...
    we finished february with 100% growth but then an incredible failure appeared with the march.
    And this happened altough site traffic is raising, more quality referers and search engine ranks..

We used to be only a reseller hosting provider , Yes we changed the design totally and we have added new VPS and Shared plans and bingo sales death! Adding VPS or Shared plans may be the reson, or both them?
    I dont know , the design is much more great with enhanced supporting pages and systems, we have recieved too many compliments about it too.

Last month we have lived a huge outgate due to Planet power crash as most of us know here but except this any noticable downtime or related problem appeared,i dont think this could be the reason too
    i mean everything is better than as used to but really sales are getting lower and lower since 40 days
    Are you guys making huge promotion or huge discount at your packages? (little bit increased price too because)
    Last edited by dolay; 04-16-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Originally posted by jmweb
    Same here! Another great month!
    We're having a great month as well. You need to focus on promotions and advertising, those are the ways to get customers.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Sales are up, but I've shifted my marketting from traditional space and bandwidth models and spend more time emphasizing value added services and answering questions that people switching hosts might have.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

April has been a good month for us with increasing sales for the first 15 days. March was just average though. I attribute the increase in sales partly to google search and customer referrals. No change in design or packages.
    Protagonist WebHosting Services
    Blog Hosting solutions:: Cpanel with Rvskin & Fantastico Deluxe
    Providing Reliable Hosting since 2002

I see these types of posts quite often. It's not very common for the industry as a whole to see such decreases. It is usually the company itself.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Sales here have also been steadily increasing for this month. On your inital post, you say that sales have decreased by 50% (over time I am assuming). As bqinternet just stated, if there is such decline, it's usually something within the company that is causing this.

If I were you, I would try to partner with a software company and offer it with every new signup or maybe have a 7 day sale for 30-50% off or something, and see how that goes. I've personally never had any type of special sales besides offering our Limited Reseller Special, which gives a whole bunch of space and bandwidth. Maybe you should try that?
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

On the contrary, for the month of April, I got at least 300% increase in positive signups.

And all of them paying by yearly.

It seems like my marketting with a local design school actually paid off.

It's not very common for the industry as a whole to see such decreases.
    There are though some patterns and months/seasons that are somewhat known for fewer sales.

Yeah, there can always be months of low sales like around December or around shopping holidays. (That's one example at least)
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by bqinternet
    I see these types of posts quite often. It's not very common for the industry as a whole to see such decreases. It is usually the company itself.
    I agree. You'll never see a headline saying, "Entire web hosting industry experiences 50% decrease in sales for March."

Let me add that I think all host providers will experience some sort of "slow down" during the course of the year although they would probably never admit it online. What's important is that you see a pattern in your sales. Ask questions like: Has sales increased for the past 6 months? How is our cancellation rate this month compared to last month?

Don't ask questions about how other host providers are doing. All you'll get is a list of hosting providers saying "it's been a great month!" It's unlikely you'll see responses saying their sales decreased, and even if they do, it has no relation to your own company.
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

i was just curious about if some enermous companies making agressive discounts like Yahoo does that maybe effect the hosting sales but as far as i see i think it is only Yahoo that makes incredible discount with huge promotions..

No changes here.

I don't think that you'll see an industry-wide change in sign ups during a specific time period.

There are just too many factors to consider, ranging from the advertising and marketing each company is performing at that particular time to their usual sales cycles (generally, every company has its own months where sales are doing well... and when sales are doing poorly).

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

Steady as she goes here, steady as she goes.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

March and April have both been very good months for us....
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....