Suggestions for our site?

Hi all.

Could you guys and girls take a look around our site?

We are basically always looking to improve our site and I just found this subforum today - don't know how I missed it before.

Is there anything you don't like? Problems navigating or any places where you get confused?

Thanks in advance

I usually encourage people to use text where text should be. In your case, it's not that bad, because the same information can be accessed elsewhere on your site (e.g., the comparison between the Standard plan and Premiere plan under "hosting"), but I still feel eerie whenever I see ought-to-be-text blocks as images. Sorry. The same goes for the image "Our web hosting is even better!" under "home".

I love your colour scheme, and I find your site easy to navigate. Just to nitpick though, your "Log In" button is a little out of place. Perhaps expand the box a little larger so the button doesn't fall out?

You should also incorporate bullets a bit more. While your site is easy to navigate, I still find myself having to read information in paragraphs. You should really have some bulleted texts -- then the paragraphs through some sort of "more information" link.

Good site; good luck.

Some of your images need to be exported to a higher quality to avoid the pixellated touch.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

The reason they are images is that the font is Lucida grande, a font not found on most computers (though it looks great on OSX). It also means bigger text sizes look good with antialiasing. I'll look into changing them, though.

Thanks for telling me about the log in button. It's only too small on IE, on every other browser I have tried it fits perfectly. The joys of OS-specific widgets.

I also agree that maybe paragraphs are used too much and I'll certainly take it into account. I will certainly

Thanks.

Originally posted by whatever
    Some of your images need to be exported to a higher quality to avoid the pixellated touch.
    Could you give me some examples? The only one I can see is the live help one which I just changed.

From my side...

Under "home" -- "Sign up now." and "Need help?" (if you look at the "start" in both, pixellation is evident).

Under "hosting" -- the bottom of "IntechHosting" is stuck on the "d" on "Shared". (And while we're on this one, IMHO there should be an extra space between the graphic and the paragraph.)

In general, check-out the lighter places of your graphics. Pixellation tends to show in gradiented shades.

I honestly can't see any pixellation there, and it's only very very slight jpeg 'blur'.

However, I can if I use a colour depth of 65k instead of 16million or whatever it is but that's less than 10% of my visitors. I'd bet dialup users would account for a lot more and a doubling or tripling the size of the jpeg to get rid of it would be more harmful I'd guess.

I agree on your comment re: hosting graphic. I'll pull up the PSD and get it fixed.