Question Need help with a few questions regarding starting a hosting business.

I'm thinking of starting a web hosting business. I want to take it really seriously. I don't have money per-say to throw into the business, but I'm willing to take a loan. It would be really great if you guys could help me with some questions that I've got.

How much should I spend on advertising in the first few months?

Where is the best place to advertise? Should I go for the local
    business? Or the Internet?

What would be the best features to include for a starting out hosting company? Live Chat? Phone support? Money back guarantee?

Any other tips are more then welcome!

Q How much should I spend on advertising in the first few months?
    A Your first months will involve the most advertising you will ever need. You will need to get your name out to local and world-wide. My suggestion is a good $600-$700

Q Where is the best place to advertise? Should I go for the local business? Or the Internet?
    A I would say both. Public is a better general area to go after for many reasons. You may be one of the only web hosts offering public hosting in your area! You could make tons just locally. Internet is always good for those hundreds of thousands of people who need hosting aswel.

Q What would be the best features to include for a starting out hosting company? Live Chat? Phone support? Money back guarantee?
    A Offer all you can for a price that sets you best. You don't want to be to high, but not to low so your not making profit. Live chat? Yes, its always needed and used, just make sure you have someone online to answer the questions. Phone Support? Always a plus. MBG, Yes!

You may also want to look into a billing program, tickect support etc. Most importanlty, have fun, take it serious, and realize you won't be making 1K a mo in the first few months. If you have any more questions for me, feel free to ask.

I would recommend not taking out a loan to start a hosting business. Instead, start very small with what you can afford. Get a reseller account for less than $40/month. As soon as you sell some hosting and clear your expenses, take some of the profit and invest it back into marketing. That way you can grow your business debt-free.
    www.HowToSellHosting.com - How to start a hosting business (free download)!
    www.10-Free-Ebooks.com - Download 10 ebooks with resale rights

I'd recommend buying Eric's book (link in his sig).

It has some great suggestions in it for getting focussed and getting started.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...