Thread: Tomsyer back?

Tomsyer back?

http://tomsyer.net/v2/index.php?area=main

So, they are back selling dedicated again?

Interesting.

Looks like it,
    ISP is now Managed.com I see so I guess they are going to Resell Managed Servers

More interesting if Tom can explain why he left superb first time then layeredtech.
    Who can know!! maybe he will do the same in few months !!!
    I forgot to mention managed was his first provider before superb and layeredtech.

they claim to be under new management but someone pointed out in a post they are still owned by tom and assertive host is owned by tom but the post was removed.

edit:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...r4=TOMSYER&r5=

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...ERTIVEHOST&r5=

Both owned by tom. However assertivehost apparently bought out tomsyer, and now they are saying its under new management by assertivehost which is still owned by tom? so how is it under new management?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by lostinside
    Looks like it,
    ISP is now Managed.com I see so I guess they are going to Resell Managed Servers
    I think he is with layeredtech again:

All Servers are located in Fort Worth, Texas at Savvis in their state of the art facility.

http://tomsyer.net/v2/index.php?area=dedicated

oh yeah my bad

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    they claim to be under new management but someone pointed out in a post they are still owned by tom and assertive host is owned by tom but the post was removed.

edit:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...r4=TOMSYER&r5=

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...ERTIVEHOST&r5=

Both owned by tom. However assertivehost apparently bought out tomsyer, and now they are saying its under new management by assertivehost which is still owned by tom? so how is it under new management?
    Tom said that he no longer owns Assertive Host, but just hasn't desolved the corporation (or Tomsyer Inc) as he has those corporations doing business as other names. You can always call AssertiveHost ( contact info at http://www.assertivehost.com/?area=support ) to see if Tom's there, though.

Originally posted by mainarea
    Tom said that he no longer owns Assertive Host, but just hasn't desolved the corporation (or Tomsyer Inc) as he has those corporations doing business as other names. You can always call AssertiveHost ( contact info at http://www.assertivehost.com/?area=support ) to see if Tom's there, though.
    I wonder when he stold assertive host, as

Date Filed
    02/15/2005
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Just to add another bit of info, Tom now works at managed.com also so it'd make sense for him to be offering managed.com servers
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

That's true discounts
    I think Dwight works at Managed as well I have seen a Dwight on the Helpdesk.

After Matt pointed out the Sunbiz urls on another post (the posts got deleted since we were on an advertising thread and it violated wht rules), In any event though, the situation was this

1) Tomsyer sold its shared hosting to a separate entity which was than incorporated, yes same president but different corporation back in Jan, I incorporated it due to personal liability in Feb.
    2) Tomsyer dedicated clients from Managed were sold to XpressAccess as he had a few there so we moved them to him to keep all in one place since they had some semi managed solutions when they were bought from us and was not managed if they went direct.
    3) I sold AssertiveHost as of March to another provider as I could not keep up with anything anymore due to other responsibilities I took up.
    4) The new owner of AssertiveHost than wanted to buy the Tomsyer domains, and sell dedicated servers. I sold him these sites as he wanted. There are many terms involved with the sale but that is need to know information, hence my name / corporation on the whois still.
    5) All in All, I am not involved with either operations as my time is very much consumed doing other things.
    6) All my other dedicated clients were handed over to LT effective Feb 1st

Thank you

P.S. Also has Matt stated, I have many DBAs under the tomsyer corporations. I have not disolved them yet. As an example, I will use your company steve as I did in the last post for Matt.

I am in Florida as you are aware, I could Incorporate Rack911, Inc (assuming no trade mark violations) and run any business name on top of it via a DBA. Having rack911, Inc. does not mean I own Rack911.com or everything that has rack911 within it... Just some 2 Cents

Moelo: The superb situaton was posted publicly do some searches, our entire letter to the customer is on wht somewhere which explains everything. I would say more but I rather not risk being liable per se or personally. depending on how own takes my posts :-)

After Matt pointed out the Sunbiz urls on another post (the posts got deleted since we were on an advertising thread and it violated wht rules),
    I didn't post it - Josh posted that, and told me about the situation. Wasn't me Good luck with whatever you're doing now.

I see that tomsyer.com is still registered to you & the DNS is going to ns1.hopshot.com (your new company) - are the new owners (is it CityWideHost.com?) going to move the site or at least change the whois info?

- Matt

That is correct, as stated in item#4, they will be pushed to him once all of our terms are completed. Opps got you two confused :-)

Thank you

Moelo: The superb situaton was posted publicly do some searches, our entire letter to the customer is on wht somewhere which explains everything. I would say more but I rather not risk being liable per se or personally. depending on how own takes my posts :-)

I know about superb, i don't complain but you must agree when you leave your customers 3 times they must have questions about your future business. ( i also agree you left with honor not like AN).
    Well..i wish you good success and better luck
    Welcome back Tom!

Arrow

Hello Everyone.

I didn't know Tomsyer was so popular.

To everyone that's wondering, yes we are offering dedicated servers under the Tomsyer name. Why wouldn't we? The Tomsyer Network has an extremely well-known presents in the Web Hosting arena. True, there are those past bad reviews, but what company doesn't have them? But the good reviews outweigh the bad ones.

We will NOT be reselling Managed servers. With past experience, we've found a large number of issues streaming from the Managed Datacenter. (Though they are getting better - so I hear.) We're currently looking to purchase a few cages at GNAX and a few other locations across the US. In the meantime, we'll be reselling TP and Layeredtech servers, as well as SagoNet servers.

We've used the orginal Tomsyer concept, with a few added corks. (Of Course, we can't give too many details here, as that would be advertising.)

Tom pretty much touched on everything that might need to be discussed. But we aren't under the same management, nor is any of the orginal staff attached to Tomsyer or AssertiveHost.

Anyway, everyone enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

While I respect your choice to sell unter the ToySyer name, and i can understand you wanting the traffic that comes to it, I stopped by the other day and the marketing is completely different. The origional TomSyer machines were sold extremely dirt cheap, whereas your prices are pretty moderate (not calling you price heavy by any means). I was just curious if you planned on using the TomSyer name for the rest of the days as far as dedicated goes, or merging the two (assertive and tomsyer)?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Hi there.

I don't forsee us ever merging AssertiveHost and Tomsyer. However, we will probably fade the shared and reseller hosting off of Tomsyer in the near future. That's the major difference at this point... Tomsyer is Dedicated... Assertive is Shared.

Now, I can't explain why there's a difference in the pricing structure compared to before, as that would be advertising. You can contact me, if you're truly interested.

But as I mentioned before, I don't see us merging the two together. We like the current growth that is coming from Tomsyer, as it's name is almost a legend in the hosting world. (Some may disagree, but let's keep that to ourselves.)
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!

a "legend".. hehe

But.. good luck.. I hope using the name works out for you.. it is a pretty well known name on (this) forum.. although prices are a tad steeper than before.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Please don't bash my hosting company. As I mentioned before, the name seems to be good for something... as the site currently gets 500+ unq. hits daily, and dozens of new customers signing up each day.

Prices are different, as we offer more with the servers now, than just a reboot portal and min. support. Like I said, I can't give out too much info, as that would be advertising.

21. I liked TS for a while, until the Superb to Savvis migration that I lost a couple months of data in. And then of course there's the issue of it shutting down altogether. The shut down was handled well, and LT has been great, just doesn't instill a lot of faith.

But I have a bigger question:

What am I missing here? Why would I go TS instead of LT?

LayeredTech:
    LT-IntelP4-3GHz-HTT
    Base System Configuration:

Intel Pentium 4 3GHz (HT)
    80GB IDE Hard Drive
    1024MB RAM
    Bandwidth: 1000GB
    IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
    $99.00 (Plus One-time Setup Fee of $49.00)

TomSyer:
    Ram: 1024MB DDR
    Hard Drive: 80GB IDE
    IP Addresses: 5 IPs
    Bandwith: 1000GB

Monthly: $139
    Setup: $35
    TrapZero Hosting
    Web, Forum, E-mail hosting and more for business and personal users. Accepting PayPal.

FMVperformance Automotive Communities

Originally posted by AssertiveHost
    Please don't bash my hosting company.
    Wow, I sure hope that wasn't referring to my post.. as I 100% and obviously didn't "bash" your hosting company.. a matter of fact, I wished you well... and still do...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!

Hehe! Don't worry, I didn't take it personal.

Great.. I was hoping you didnt