Problems with Host

Hey Guys,

I recently posted about my companies problems with poundhost. Now I wanted to explain my joyful problem with our current host (infinity-host)

Let me start off that first there sales guy Kenny-Infinity who used to post here screw us royally up.

We where promised as a joining offer they would pick our servers up from the poundhost data centre as a favour. A date was set between the companies. The day came and we got an email from PH saying our servers had not picked up. From calling there sales we where told that the technician could not find the data centre...?!

So the next day they tried again and believe it or not.. The guy who picked them up locked there car keys in the car and the servers where around 10 hours late! After a phone call to there admin I was told no one was actually sent the first day? (So they lied) and they wasn’t going to install the servers until the next day around lunch time (because it was too late?!). After a few harsh words from my end (as you can imagine we weren’t very happy they where install at Level3 as agreed).

We where told that at level3 we would be on a pipe with a bandwidth limit. 2 days later we found out we where on a dedicated 95thile 1mb connection for 7 gaming servers and they refused to change us. After another few strongly worded emails they gave us an option to move us to redbus data centre.

Few days later we moved into redbus where all was good bar a few overheating issues. But now we have recently started getting charged for random things. For example we pay for 1/2 rack plus 4u of extra space. We currently have 6 power plugs and where required to buy an extension cable so we had 3 more plugs available. When we joined we where promised a RPC switch but now there are none available and we are expect to purchase one?!?!

Has anyone else had this issue with companies where they will try to charge you for anything possible? Another example, this month we made a trip down to the data centre to change some of our cases from 4u to 2u.We where allowed 3hrs free but was then charged £20 an hour extra. We where going to be charged for using some spare rack nuts and bolts and was told by the technician (that they where free to us). Billing to tried to charge us until I set them straight.

Give them credit apart from 1 or 2 network issues they are a good company but I still get a few feelings that they just tell us a lot of bulls*it.
    Clanplanet: Serving the gaming industry since 2004.
    > Game/Clan Servers, Teamspeak and Ventrilo
    > Dedicated Servers
    Want a new gaming POP in the UK? Low ping and Lag Free? Contact us.

Obviously I don't know the specifics in this case, or about this company, but I suspect a number of companies (again, not necessarily this one as I have no personal experience) try to charge you in every way they can like this in order to actually try and make enough money to stay afloat.

I guess companies put their service prices are stupidly low to get customers, but then like everybody else they have to pay the bills and want to make some money so charge you for things like this...

I would be a bit worried if a data center tried to charge me for a few spare nuts and bolts...
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

I would be more worried if a datacenter charged me access to the rack.

Originally posted by Ananke
    I would be more worried if a datacenter charged me access to the rack.
    WEll at the end of the day they basically said its free if I order a full rack but as we only own a half rack we have to pay per hour
    > Dedicated Servers

Thats totaly madness, I bet they are dead broke or something. I'd pack my bags and get out. Can you really trust it?

Heck, maybe if you cancel they'll charge you to get your servers too. Go in when your still a customer, take and run. Then cancel
    It's Scott!

By the looks of it they would. When we signed up we where forced to sign a contract which is some sort of 12 month contract so its there excuse to charge us at any rate
    > Dedicated Servers

bummer.
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by camers
    bummer.
    There now trying to charge us £20 an hour for reboots.
    > Dedicated Servers

When i was considering Colo in Edinbrugh, I spent over an hour on the phone asking and asking, until all fees and everything were straight. Ended up not even taking it. But you should know not to jump to the first thing??
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by camers
    When i was considering Colo in Edinbrugh, I spent over an hour on the phone asking and asking, until all fees and everything were straight. Ended up not even taking it. But you should know not to jump to the first thing??
    Well at the time we didnt have an option. We got aload of quotes from this forum and this company looked like the best option at the time. We didnt have time to hang around and wait due too problems with poundhost.

They didnt have a bad review and pings where good. Looked like a good option at the time but now we are slowly realising that they will charge us anything at any rate. The funny thing is I bet they dont charge all there customers the same.
    > Dedicated Servers