Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

* China -vs- Japan

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

So it would seem things are getting out of hand in Asia. China's Government seems to be rubbing their nose to Japan and Japan is warning it's people that they should maybe avoid China, while it's people are now also protesting.

So much so that there is a small possible chance, that planed trip involving diplomatic relations there was in question.

Thoughts?
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

The whole reason is about the history text books.How japan is sugar coating its WWII past.
    How ever in many chinese text books, China doesn't say anything about its attacks on countries,massacres,or anything that damages there image. They even refer to the US and Japan as bandits.

^That was also in a CNN article
    Targeted Traffic – Premium Targeted Traffic For your site from ProTraffic.net

well china should talk about the crap they do to not just their own people first, but also the people of TIBET who are the most peaceful people on the planet.

China need to learn to forget and forgive.
    So do Japan and the rest of the countrys in this world.

Most of the stuff done was done by people who are not even alive now because that was 50+ odd years ago.
    ...loading

Forgive and Forget?

Have we forgiven and forgotten the Nazis?
    Have we forgiven and forgotten the Khmer Rouge?
    Should we forgive and forget the atrocities that occurred in Rwanda?

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and say things like they should "forgive and forget" when you have no personal stake in the situation.

Originally posted by Georgecooldude
    China need to learn to forget and forgive.
    So do Japan and the rest of the countrys in this world.

Most of the stuff done was done by people who are not even alive now because that was 50+ odd years ago.
    BBC talking point is a good place.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4436425.stm

Germany has apologised for its WWII wrongs, Japan haven't yet. How can Japan just label the Nanjing mascarre as an 'incident' ???

Around Jan of this year, Chinese warships invaded Vietnamese's water and killed 12 Vietnamese fishermen and injured few more. I'd like to hear what the Chinese have to say about that.

Originally posted by hellind2

Germany has apologised for its WWII wrongs, Japan haven't yet. How can Japan just label the Nanjing mascarre as an 'incident' ???
    Agreed. If the japanese show some remorse, forgive might be viable. The japanese prime minister pays official tribute to the shrine for war heroes yearly...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by freak
    Agreed. If the japanese show some remorse, forgive might be viable. The japanese prime minister pays official tribute to the shrine for war heroes yearly...
    I agree. If Japan apologized and showed any sign that they actually meant the apology, then maybe the Chinese would be able to "forgive and forget."

From what I've read, it seems like Japan doesn't show much remorse at all. Tough to forgive someone if they don't feel bad about what they did.
    Golf Forum - If you enjoy golf, check out this forum.

Hmm, China and Japan have been pissed off at each other for a long time. This time I think the demonstrations are just because Japan is going against China trying to get Taiwan back. Demonstrations do nothing, why don't those people demonstrate for their freedom?

From the same source, some time ago: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/1586040.stm

Japan has apologized on more than one occasion.

I think China should apologize for everythings its done.

I hope war doesn't break out until I can leave Japan in the Fall. 13 years has been enough for me!
    Carlos

Originally posted by Carlos
    I hope war doesn't break out until I can leave Japan in the Fall. 13 years has been enough for me!
    Only if China wants their *** stomped! Japan's one of the USA's best allies.

Originally posted by tfc
    From the same source, some time ago: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/1586040.stm

Japan has apologized on more than one occasion.
    No, they have not.

These apologies are often carefully worded so as not to provide a formal stand from Japan as a nation. That BBC link is actually one of the better examples. The same goes for the issue with "comfort women" they acquired during their stay in various countries.

Edit: so as not to start a flame -- I'm Taiwanese, not Chinese.

Originally posted by varg
    Only if China wants their *** stomped! Japan's one of the USA's best allies.
    I hope that smiley means you are kidding.

Originally posted by Lev
    I hope that smiley means you are kidding.
    Japan can and has taken China out in the past. The only way that China could take Japan out is by nuking them, and that'd leave such political fallout in the area that it wouldn't do China any good. I hope you're kidding.

Japan can and has taken China out in the past. The only way that China could take Japan out is by nuking them, and that'd leave such political fallout in the area that it wouldn't do China any good. I hope you're kidding.
    That's very funny. You can even say that you can and has taken out China by yourself in the past.
    CNSERVERS.COM - Los Angeles, San Jose, Portland, Seattle, HongKong
    AS40065 | In-House DDoS protection | BGP Network with 6T+ capacity
    Zayo/HE/PCCW/Cogent/Telia/GTT/NTT/TATA/China Telecom/CN2/China Unicom/China Mobile
    Colocation / DDOS Protection / High Bandwidth Server

Please please give a second thought at what you are saying. You are talking with emotion.

And people dont' get offtopic. The issue here is Japan massacred 100 of thousand people (probably millions) before WWII in Nanjing.

Based on this case alone, should Japan officially apologise and show remorse?

Don't bring Tibet, or some disputed islands, or their political freedom, or some Nukes. And how did Taiwan issue even get on this thread?

That would bring many countries to war with China,if that happened.

. . . Demonstrations do nothing . . .
    I would respectfully disagree with that. The right to openly protest your government's decisions/policies, is a cornerstone of democracy.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I would respectfully disagree with that. The right to openly protest your government's decisions/policies, is a cornerstone of democracy.
    I should've clarified. I meant in this case. People are so full of emotion in these protests that people are throwing rocks, firebombs and other stuff at the Japanese embassy. Peaceful demonstrations CAN do good, riots do no one any good and make your side look like an unlawful mob who thinks they're above the law.

Please please give a second thought at what you are saying. You are talking with emotion.

And people dont' get offtopic. The issue here is Japan massacred 100 of thousand people (probably millions) before WWII in Nanjing.

Based on this case alone, should Japan officially apologise and show remorse?

Don't bring Tibet, or some disputed islands, or their political freedom, or some Nukes. And how did Taiwan issue even get on this thread?
    I think the point people are trying to make is that the pot shouldn't call the kettle black. But yes, it would be good for Japan to officially apologize and give them the upperhand politically.

I should've clarified. I meant in this case. People are so full of emotion in these protests that people are throwing rocks, firebombs and other stuff at the Japanese embassy. Peaceful demonstrations CAN do good, riots do no one any good and make your side look like an unlawful mob who thinks they're above the law.
    There called communists

anyway...

Japan should apologize for its actions in WWII,and China should apologize to its people for all the stuff it has done.

Originally posted by blue27
    Forgive and Forget?

Have we forgiven and forgotten the Nazis?
    Have we forgiven and forgotten the Khmer Rouge?
    Should we forgive and forget the atrocities that occurred in Rwanda?

It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and say things like they should "forgive and forget" when you have no personal stake in the situation.
    We've managed to forgive and forget giving the Cherokee smallpox-infested blankets. But then again it wasn't us carrying our dead family members.

Note: I assume you are from the States.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast