Question suggestion for multiple web sites?

Hi, I am wondering if there are any bargain web hosts that offer good deals for hosting at least four web sites. I see deals where you can have multiple domains all pointing to the same site, but I want four separate, unrelated sites.

As for features, I have modest storage and bandwidth needs, need php, want mySQL and decent reputation, uptime and support. And it has to be a good deal, cheaper than I would pay for four separate hosting packages. I strongly prefer American companies.

Any ideas?

Not sure what you would consider Budget but you could look at www.10for10.com , www.sonataweb.net or anyone with a reseller package.

Multiple Domains pointing to the same site would technically be termed as Domain Name Pointers.

Might depend a lot on the Control Panel.

With Cpanel there is a feature called "Addon Domains" which does exactly what you want within a regular Hosting account. The catch is that only you have a Control Panel, no one else gets a Control Panel or access to yours unless you give them access. You can give each of the seperate Domain Owners FTP access, though, so they can access by FTP to upload/download/remove any of their own files.

Mind you, if you are responsible for looking after all the Domains then it's a no-brainer to use & setup Addon Domains. You can even give each Domain their own eMail addresses! Gotta like that.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Are all four of youe websites controlled by you, or are you finding group hosting for four different people?

If you're looking for different people, consider a reseller plan. This will allow you to add others later.

If you control all four yourself, consider these:
    Bluehost - offers 6 domains for $6.95
    Apollo - offers 4 domains for $15.95
    HostExcellence - offers 6 domains for $16.95
    ePowerServers - offers 4 domains for $22.95

(results taken from my db at http://www.compare-web-hosting-sites.com/compare.php)
    Gareth Cornish
    Always looking for new hosting sites
    http://www.compare-web-hosting-sites.com

Re: suggestion for multiple web sites?

You can go for a good reseller plan, should be easy to find in WHT offer section or if you don't need in log panel and separate disk space for each of the domains you could find a hosting company with addon domain system.
    Good luck

Add-on domains time to time create problems if in case you need to give access to anyone else to the cP beside yourself. I'd prefer going for a reseller account. But if you are absolutely sure that no one else beside you will use the cP then go for single cP point hosting.

h'mm
    Dualnic.com | Connectivity. Stability. Reliability.
    Web Hosting & Reselling Since 2003
    "Our pricing may not beat the industry giants, but our service will"

Site5 has a shared plan that allows you to host 4 domains.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

They're all for me.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gcornish
    [B]Are all four of youe websites controlled by you, or are you finding group hosting for four different people?

Originally posted by Website Rob
    Might depend a lot on the Control Panel.

With Cpanel there is a feature called "Addon Domains" which does exactly what you want within a regular Hosting account. The catch is that only you have a Control Panel, no one else gets a Control Panel or access to yours unless you give them access. You can give each of the seperate Domain Owners FTP access, though, so they can access by FTP to upload/download/remove any of their own files.

Mind you, if you are responsible for looking after all the Domains then it's a no-brainer to use & setup Addon Domains. You can even give each Domain their own eMail addresses! Gotta like that.
    Is this what you're referring to?:

Cpanel Licensing
    Cpanel/WHM Control Panel licensing as low as $55.00/month and FREE with any dedicated server.

That's way more than I want to spend, unfortunately.

If not, can you point me in the right direction? thx

Originally posted by gcornish
    [B]Are all four of youe websites controlled by you, or are you finding group hosting for four different people?

If you're looking for different people, consider a reseller plan. This will allow you to add others later.

If you control all four yourself, consider these:
    Bluehost - offers 6 domains for $6.95
    Apollo - offers 4 domains for $15.95
    HostExcellence - offers 6 domains for $16.95
    ePowerServers - offers 4 domains for $22.95
    Wow Bluehost has quite a deal. I'm also considering signing up for ****** this weekend while they're having this special (first year free, $14.95 for four sites) but I'm afraid I'll get burned. They are offering a rebate but you do have to pay like $200+ up front first. You know what they say when something is too good to be true.

Oh and I'm wondering if add-on domains and multihosting both refer to the same thing?

It should mean the same thing but if in doubt just ask the web host what they mean by it.