Web Hosting Tax Day Break! 1 year web hosting free give away!

LOS ANGELES, April 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Los Angeles-based ******.comŽ, today announced their "Tax Day Break" program, where they give away one year of web hosting service for free to give taxpayers something to have fun with after they are done with their taxes.

"We are very excited to be able to offer free web hosting this tax day weekend and hopefully put a smile on some tax payer's faces who otherwise, after Uncle Sam struck them hard, may not have had the investment resources anymore to join the web hosting community. As our lives revolve more and more around Information Technology we are finding that having a presence online can be important and sometimes crucial to our personal and professional success," said ******.com's CEO, Ben R. Neumann. "Our hope is that we can, through this offer, enhance the lives and advance the technical capabilities of the entire Internet community."

******.com's Tax Day Break program is open to anyone who visits ******.com and purchases a web hosting account this weekend. The free web hosting offer is redeemable through a mail-in rebate and can be redeemed for any of ******.com's three best-selling web hosting plans; the GigaByte Package, Commerce Starter and Commerce Pro Package.

Despite having an aggressive pricing policy ******.com does not cut any corners when it comes to customer service. In a recent survey, ******.com discovered that a 91% of its customers rate their experience with ******.com's customer service between Very Good to Outstanding. 98% of its customers either have recommended or would recommend a friend to the company.

Information about ******.com, and the company's services and packages, is available at their web site ******.com or by calling 877-2-******.

PS: Has anybody discovered what's the catch yet?!?

We did the same thing back in August. Its a great way to get new customers and it's alot cheaper than advertising...if your cost is low enough and if you screen the new signups with a fine toothed comb.

--Tina

******.com's Tax Day Break program is open to anyone who visits ******.com and purchases a web hosting account this weekend. The free web hosting offer is redeemable through a mail-in rebate and can be redeemed for any of ******.com's three best-selling web hosting plans; the GigaByte Package, Commerce Starter and Commerce Pro Package.

Basically people won't mail in for the rebate so it's money in the bank.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

So, basicly, people are getting free web hosting? What the hell. I paid for my web hosting 2 weeks ago, and now they are giving it for free.

There must be catch. How else would they make money????????

Even if they do mail in...its still money in the bank. Basically, you sit on these customers for 12 months and you're golden.

Also, many of them will also upgrade to higher paid services, recommend them to others and buy additional hosting accounts.

--Tina

Is this offer also available to Canadian citizens ?
    I don't see any FAQ's on the site...

http://www.******.com/rebates/

# Offer requires receipt of valid payment without any chargeback. Offers do not apply to customers cancelling their service during the money back guarantee period.
    # All customers must be 18 years or older.
    # Termination, cancellation or suspension of services for any reason shall revoke this offer as if the agreement never was accepted. You will be required to repay the rebate if your account is terminated, cancelled or suspended for any reason.
    Offer valid to United States and Canada customers only. International submissions are not valid. Limit one rebate per new customer.
    Basically, you have to be at the age to pay taxes. You cannot cancel within the 12 months so they will technically lock you in as a customer during that period. It narrows the prospective customer based to US and Canadian Citizens only.

The order needs to be placed between April 15 to 18.

So, it's 1 year of web hosting for $19.95 *you don't get the setup fee back in the rebat*

Originally posted by aingaran
    So, it's 1 year of web hosting for $19.95 *you don't get the setup fee back in the rebat*
    The catch!

Maybe that is all they need to break even, so if you upgrade or stay next year that's all more money.
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

It's a still good deal, don't you think so?

I paid $115 for my webhosting 2 weeks ago, and now these guys are giving it for free.

Did I waste my money?

Is it possible to cancel your account with the moneyback guarantee and then signup again.?

You have to repay the rebate if you cancel, the FAQ says.

I'm thinking about taking this offer, but I'm not ready to sign up yet, maybe later this weekend. But I was wondering about this. On the rebate page it says to get the rebate one should:
    Purchase a web hosting package from ******.com between 04/15/05 and 04/18/05.

Buuuuuut, on the offer page it has a ticking clock that read:
    Offer ends in:
    12:01:19
    (hr:minec)
    as I was posting this (just before midnight 4/15), which would have the offer end around noon 4/16.

Originally posted by punstress
    You have to repay the rebate if you cancel, the FAQ says.

I'm thinking about taking this offer, but I'm not ready to sign up yet, maybe later this weekend. But I was wondering about this. On the rebate page it says to get the rebate one should:
    Purchase a web hosting package from ******.com between 04/15/05 and 04/18/05.

Buuuuuut, on the offer page it has a ticking clock that read:
    Offer ends in:
    12:01:19
    (hr:minec)
    as I was posting this (just before midnight 4/15), which would have the offer end around noon 4/16.
    I don't see any FAQ's on that page, where did you get them? Please post link, their webisite is a mess.

Take a look at this page http://www.******.com/rebates/ or the PDF for the rebates. The Terms and Condition for the free web hosting is stated in there.

They are not in the standard FAQs because this will expire in a few days time.

I guess in the end if ****** proves to be good then it might help spread the word around and this free publicity would indeed get them more sales in the future.

If they are not then those who sign up would be trapped with the account for the 12 month period.

If they are cruel, they could cite you for this or that violation and boot you out of your contract and make you pay for the full fees and penalties.

I don't know about them really so I cannot comment but just to lay down some different scanerios.

Originally posted by belldoe
    I don't see any FAQ's on that page, where did you get them? Please post link, their webisite is a mess.
    I can't post a link, the system wouldn't let me! It said I have to have posted at least five times to post a link. But you can just type the word "rebates" after the domain name and a slash. Hope that helps. Oh it wasn't really a FAQ, I should have said instructions. Sorry.

HMM! I just read the rebate form (pdf) and it says: ****** reserves the right to modify or end the offer early by posting on their web site. I guess that's what they did, since the web site says it's over 4/16 around noon! although the same page says "4 days only." HMMM.

I'm also wondering how they give a rebate. Do they credit your Visa card, send you a check, or just give you a credit that you have to spend on their web site?

How can you cancel if you're not happy? If you cancel before the 1 year is over, they take back the rebate, but if you wait til the year is over, they will automatically bill you (see their FAQ).

Originally posted by punstress
    HMM! I just read the rebate form (pdf) and it says: ****** reserves the right to modify or end the offer early by posting on their web site. I guess that's what they did, since the web site says it's over 4/16 around noon! although the same page says "4 days only." HMMM.

I'm also wondering how they give a rebate. Do they credit your Visa card, send you a check, or just give you a credit that you have to spend on their web site?

How can you cancel if you're not happy? If you cancel before the 1 year is over, they take back the rebate, but if you wait til the year is over, they will automatically bill you (see their FAQ).
    Good question - rebates can be "non-cash" too.