Best Value SSL certificate

Does anyone know where can I get the best value SSL ceritificate?

when I mean value they must be cheaper than U$50

I am buying for two sites.

I need an SSL that suports 99%+ of all browsers and it is trusted in most browsers..

Thanks

A StarterSSL certificate should be more than enough for your requirements 128 Bit encryption and since they changed the root in february it is now also supported in Mozilla and Firefox.
    Ron Rogers
    Need SSL Certificates? WEBYSSL.com (rapidssl.com International Affiliate)
    Put Your Mark on the WWWorld with WEBY Systems

I got my SSL Cert as well as 5 domain names free of charge from 1and1.com's developer package.

Definitely check them out because they have many money saving packages.
    Batsu J-Rock Forum - http://batsu.org/

EV1 offers a StarterSSL for $9.95 and a Geotrust for $49.95

Geo Trust is very good right?

I use geotrust and starter. I see no difference, even the actual SSL cert says the same thing.
    It's Scott!

Geotrust is very good, yes. They have been around for a very long time. We have customers using both -- they both provide 128bit encryption.

Every so often, we have noticed that on a page with Java using the StarterSSL, it tends to lock up (even more so then the normal) but other than that - no other issues

Does anyone want to explain the difference to me, is there really a difference in SSL certificates, you can get some SSL's for less than $100 and get some for several hundred dollars, whats the difference, and is it a big enough difference that its worth it to go with a more expensive cert?

The main difference - you want a SSL cert that has its own CA and then you want to make sure that they are compatible with most browsers. They should automatically be installed in the browser so the user does not get a warning message - something like if you get one issued from http://www.cacert.org

As far as the pricing goes - do you want a name brand or generic brand.

name brand is preferred , but I'm open to either, which do you reccommend? and whats a CA? sorry I'm not real familiar with SSL yet, i know how to install them etc, but I've never taken the time to learn the ins and outs

I like Geotrust personally. That is what we use one some sites as well as the starterSSL. No problems with either one - they both provide 128 bit encrpytion.

CA is certificate authority.

Ceritifcates for several hundreds dollars are issued by Thawte and Verisign and they mean your company was checked and the company is not fake (Verisign or Thawte ask you to send company docs, confirm your business address and etc)

Cheaper certificates are issued for domains and it proves that administrative email is legit.

Thawte has light version of SSL certificate. They just issue SSL for a domain but it is not worth $149 as they ask.

Check EV1 and their GeoTrust SSL. Many browsers support it.
    Credit card processing, online check/ACH and EuroDebit payment solutions for the Internet merchants
    www.psbill.com

I just checked out the Thawte website and it looks like they just resell Verisign's products, Payflow Pro etc, but it seems like its a cheaper price than from Verisign directly, do you know if they're the same?

Yes - it should be the same thing.

I already used Starter SSL we had so much problems especially with users on crazy browsers

I also had Godaddy Starfield and it didnt support several browsers like the mac one which I forgot the name right now

I am buying two of the geotrust for two different sites U$49 each!! Thats the best certificate I can get for the price right?

It will show Geotrust?

Doesnt show geotrust. MY Geotrust has exactly same as the starters name.
    It's Scott!

I think im just going to stick with Verisign for my system upgrade, it's worth the price from what I hear, thanks everyone for your help tho

ps. joephil, i think Mac's browser is called Safari