cpanel old installs

anyone else here notice how anytime you install something from cpanel scripts or from fantastico it isnt even the newest version?

i just installed anotehr phpbb and it says it is version 11, i think phpbb is on version 14 and i know has been past version 11 for several months now.

you would think with what they are charging....
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

it is related with what update option you or your
    server's admin have set!

stable release tree is very old, release tree is a little newer,
    about 6 months old, and current has almost the latest versions.....

so i dont think its only cpanel's prob,
    you have to make a decision if you
    want a stable unbuggy version, or the newest

(anyway, most times for phpbb, phpnuke etc, it is better you make it manually, but generally, cpanel rocks!)

Re: cpanel old installs

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    anyone else here notice how anytime you install something from cpanel scripts or from fantastico it isnt even the newest version?

i just installed anotehr phpbb and it says it is version 11, i think phpbb is on version 14 and i know has been past version 11 for several months now.

you would think with what they are charging....
    Hi Lauren,

I maintain the scripts that you are downloading there and I can tell you right now that the scripts are being actively updated.

The problem you are having is that the update system changed between the old stable release and the new releases.

Change to the release tree and you should see them up to date. 2.014 of phpBB should be out already or pushed out very very soon.

Re: cpanel old installs

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com

In Fantastico, phpBB should of been updated to 2.0.13 since the beginning of March (4-5 updates ago). Since phpBB 2.0.14 only came out on today, we won't see an update for a few days most likely.

I can't say about the cpanel auto-installer since we don't have phpbb in that.

Re: Re: cpanel old installs

Originally posted by LP-Trel
    Hi Lauren,

I maintain the scripts that you are downloading there and I can tell you right now that the scripts are being actively updated.

The problem you are having is that the update system changed between the old stable release and the new releases.

Change to the release tree and you should see them up to date. 2.014 of phpBB should be out already or pushed out very very soon.
    hmmmm, ill have to check that out.

thank you!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!