Thumbs up This is great: RIAA, comcast, law etc etc

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...011235&tid=123

http://news.com.com/Comcast+sued+for...l?tag=nefd.top

I hope she wins the lawsuit and ends up EXTRACTING EVERY DIME,then goes after the RIAA!!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Don't break the law, and you have nothing to worry about. Simple as that.

Whether or not she broke the law is irrelevant, I hope she wins.

Innocent until proven guilty blah blah you know that little thing called the Constitution so many would like to ignore anymore. Where was the court order for her info, the subpeona, etc.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I've always hated comcast even though i've never used it. More power to the people and oh right all hail the mighty dollar.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Comcast has been rude to us several times, we were thinking about switching to sat tv, but decieded to wait until we get our own house.

I think a boycout should be started against Comcast, maybe then they would learn how to treat there customers.

the best service to go with is Verizon. They will challenge the RIAA.
    Kerry Jones

I've used comcast, and ... I've got to agree, every rep I've dealt with has been disrespectul and rude. Thankfully they have no market presence where I'm at now, so I don't have to worry about them.

They are the only cable company avaliable here, so its nothing or sat, and where I live sat maybe impossible due to everybody else's 100 year old trees(maybe not that old, but you get my drift).

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Whether or not she broke the law is irrelevant, I hope she wins.

Innocent until proven guilty blah blah you know that little thing called the Constitution so many would like to ignore anymore. Where was the court order for her info, the subpeona, etc.
    Read your EULA you sign with Comcast. You sign away rights when you sign contracts, same most hosts use that say they can give up your personal info if contacted by law enfoorcement whether or not there was a subpoena. Comcast did nothing wrong, people need to read their contracts.

Originally posted by varg
    Read your EULA you sign with Comcast. You sign away rights when you sign contracts, same most hosts use that say they can give up your personal info if contacted by law enfoorcement whether or not there was a subpoena. Comcast did nothing wrong, people need to read their contracts.

Not only do they need to read their contracts they have to take responsibility for what they are doing.
    This woman was breaking the law and everyone seems to be sympathizing with her just because it is the RIAA (via Comcast)who she is going up against.

She should pay the fine and consider it a lesson learned.

I'm prtety sure RIAA isnt a law enforcement company but rather a non(or maybe they are) profit organization

Also, they're support doesn't seem too bad for me, for the most part anyway. Sometimes it gets bad, i mean they're not rude or anything, but usually they aren't helpful.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

RIAA and ComSuck are like a bad toothache. I always hated Comcast.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

All we can do is wish her luck with this ...

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by varg
    Don't break the law, and you have nothing to worry about. Simple as that.
    Oh geez.. if we only lived in a "perfect" world varg.. life would be so nice

I also hope she wins.... just like you have to agree with AUP/TOS.. so should the company!
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Originally posted by blue27
    Not only do they need to read their contracts they have to take responsibility for what they are doing.
    This woman was breaking the law and everyone seems to be sympathizing with her just because it is the RIAA (via Comcast)who she is going up against.

Of course, if she already has a legal copy of the music she's downloading then your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by varg
    http://www.comcast.net/privacy/#disclosure

... Nevertheless, we may be required by law to disclose personally identifiable information about a subscriber without his or her consent and without notice in order to comply with a valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. ...

Unless they was a court order of some sort (subpoena's and search warrants are court orders) they couldn't give out the information, as stated. Contract law is pretty simple on this, and it would seem you need to educate yourself further on it. One contract cannot remove the provisions of another contract, unless the second contract was written as a replacement to the first contract.

Until we hear all of the information (specifically if their was a court order to release her contact information) this is awash.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

I'm currently on comcast, and I would become furious if they were to give away my personal information. It'll be nice to hear the verdict of this one, so I can see what to expect from Comcast in the future.

Originally posted by blue27

I agree with you JustinH, because it makes sense and its the truth.. to bad other people can't give answers and/or opinions like your... (me looks out at the "blue" ocean from my window.. ah what a day
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!

You seem to be trying to make some sort of point RealtorHost but you don't seem to have the ability to portray it. Do you need help?

You can justify illegal activities all you like, they are still illegal activities. If you want to download music and support others who do the same then go ahead, do it.

Just don't come crying and stamping your feet if you are the next one to get busted.

If you want to download music and support others who do the same then go ahead, do it.
    Give me a break.. I never said I downloaded music.. nice ***umption. I also never encouraged people to download music.. I backed her up on her decision to sue.. man.. you need to actually read my posts...

"You can justify illegal activities all you like, they are still illegal activities" YES and so is giving away personal information without a subpoena.. if you can't agree with this.. sorry.. (over the head)

blue.. I think my post was quite obvious.. but back to the *topic* and not you. This woman had her personal information released without justification. Do you want this to become the norm???
    Last edited by JRSEOMarketing; 04-19-2005 at 03:47 PM.