Thread: free promoting

free promoting

can anyone suggest anyways i can promote my website for free?? by promote i mean advertise, marketing kind of thing.

anything at all will be greatly appreciated
    Webmaster Tools at iWEBTOOL.com

Post it yourself at websites, add to signatures, word of mouth, and most importanly add to hosting directorys.

the best way is exchange banners with other high traffic sites!!!

Originally posted by Pc-Center
    the best way is exchange banners with other high traffic sites!!!
    I would disagree, I find it unprofessional to see ad's on web hosts pages. Makes me feel as though they dont have enough money to keep server up.

is this about a web host site ?

I wouldnt say it is no, i would say this site is a webhosting forum/directory

EDIT: OOPS SORRY, i read your post wrong, i thought you were saying "This is a web host site and it has banners on it"

AGAIN SORRY

Directory submission, banners would be the places suggested to you.

hey.. thanks for all the suggestions. keep them coming

has anyone got a list of website where i can submit my non-hosting website? i had a list before but i cant find it nemore
    Webmaster Tools at iWEBTOOL.com

Redwan,

There's lots of free banner exchanges, text link exchanges, and so forth. Also - target message boards that are similar to your target audience; if you become active in such forums w/ a link to your signature, rather than spamming, it usually works quite well!

You can also check out frequented yahoo groups, google groups, etc. for greater exposure.

Redwan,

There's lots of free banner exchanges, text link exchanges, and so forth. Also - target message boards that are similar to your target audience; if you become active in such forums w/ a link to your signature, rather than spamming, it usually works quite well!

You can also check out frequented yahoo groups, google groups, etc. for greater exposure.

banner exchanges, text link exchanges are useless , unless you exchange homepage links with related sites, that will bring you traffic.

The first thing you should look to promote your website is to get free one-way incoming links to yuor website. Don't go for reciprocals, instead focus first on unique one-way links from websites related to your theme and industry
    Affordable SEO, SEM, Link Development from India
    www.searchmarketingindia.com

Good advice guys, I would recommend striking a few decent strategic partners (sites with alot of traffic, related to your content etc) maybe a link exchange, affiliateship.

Your signiture is also a great method to get brand awareness, people scroll through forums and see your site in your sig and some people (believe it or not) will click it.

Directories I wouldn't bother with as much, sure they're decent for pr and seo but not as much for converting sales and leads. If your into traffic building and creating an active site then word of mouth is your biggest method available.

After adding you link to:
    http://www.gopherdesign.com/webdesign/directory

1. Create a full and easy browsing html site
    2. Test your site and make sure search engines can crawl it
    3. Add your link to DMOZ and other places that dont require a link back
    4. Hand advertise via forums or writing articles for other sites
    5. Create a few other sites as a hobby and advertise on them
    AIM: GopherDesign
    WWW: http://www.gopherdesign.com
    WWW: http://www.gopherwebhosting.com