Thread: plesk or Cpanel

plesk or Cpanel

Ok, which is better and which do most people prefer for their hosting needs? I can pick either but want some feedback first.

I think you should search aroud wht for information regarding that.

I think CPanel is more popular than plesk.

For me personally, DirectAdmin is the best, but that's my suggestion.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

For me personally, cPanel is the best, its easy and capadible. I've used cpanel, plesk and directadmin, and cpanel is easiest to me. I also like its functions more.

I think for Intech and its customers i think that cPanel is a lot more popular than Plesk, Direct Admin etc. cPanel is much easier for novice users and has many more functions than Direct Admin.

I think you would find that the highest customer demand is for Cpanel right now. Not to say the other aren't great software however.

Yeah it isn’t brilliant software can get rather buggy at times but for the "newbie’s" it is brilliant and very user friendly.

There cannot be any objection to the fact Cpanel is more popular to Plesk. But I would recommend plesk as it is another very fast growing cpntrol panel with loads of features with it. The lastest verision for plesk (Plesk7.5 Reloaded for Linux) is a very very impressive panel which provides with the latest of tools for managing the account.

No wonder that these features are quite common with most of the panels today but it all depends how user friendly they are to the clients. And Plesk has been far more very user friendly for it's users.

umm what about DirectAdmin?

DirectAdmin > *

I use cpanel

cpanel

I think CPanel is more better

DirectAdmin is superior to plesk and cpanel, but since you're asking between Plesk and CPanel, then the answer is clear: CPanel.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Use cPanel and have for a long time. Way back tried Plesk and Ensim but they simply didn't compare to cPanel. They Plesk and Ensim may be better now but I've choose cPanel and most people agree cPanel is the best
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

cpanel

i also use cpanel.It is easy to understand for beginners also

I prefer and seek out Cpanel, i know it may not be the cutting edge but as a novice it is easy and understandable, and very basic. Ive used, plesk, hsphere, and a couple others in not a huge fan of Gui driven cpanels, give me the minimums and the basics. less restrictive that way.

Personal opinion?

I just started using a host with cPanel and I really don't care for it, but they don't offer an option.

I haven't used Plesk or Direct Admin, so no comment.

My other host [ICD Soft] seems to have their own flavor of Control Panel. It isn't the best either but it's what I got used to; it is definitely less 'feature intensive' than cPanel, but I think it's easier to use. It's definitely easier to read; cPanel's text gets very small once you get into the subscreens.

Maybe cPanel will grow on me, but it is not making a great first impression.

cPanel - without a doubt

plesk for a long time was not using cpanel like fantastico ( autoinstaller for popular php sctipts ) and hosts like aussiehost who are hard core pleskers even used to say to "avoid those toys" ( fantastico ) -- its now turn of the table ? plesk has now vault which is almost same as fantastico ......

previously security concerns were the deciding factor .... but cpanle has become securer and less bug free with time and some site like sitefive has customized cpanle with same window management of billing which looks most professional ...

however the fact probably remains hsphere beats either when it comes to backup - its backup facility is a whole world better than cpanel and probably better than plesk also .... and the gzip buttonns are fast ....

i have used three of them ..cpanel, plesk, hsphere .... plesk i find the entrance interface fussy and lot of dhtml ?? , cpanel is simpler for most tasks and for backup hpshere rules

This debate seems like the Windows vs Linux and the commercial vs Open Source debates. I think that each solution is best for the user who is accustomed with it. My personal preference is Plesk, but I am not gonna say "Plesk is the best".

From personal experience, I think that all the versions of Plesk higher than 7 are exceptional. This comes from a wide range of factors, including security, stability, performance and server load. Of course there are other control panels that have more features than Plesk offers, however how many of those features will you ever need?

I may be considered as hardcore Plesk fan, but my opinion comes from running Plesk, CPanel and a custom made control panel on production servers with many domains hosted over several years. Plesk works just perfect for us and it integrates well with the services we provide.

Another good point to note is that ever since Plesk was installed on all servers in our network, no requests for support from the customers on issues related to administrating their hosting account have been sent.

I must say that I used to be a CPanel fan, but after a very good friend prompted me to try Plesk, all I can say is that I was amazed and have never stopped being amazed ever since. Now when you compare Plesk with H-Sphere, it is like comparing apples with spaghetti (personnal opinion, nothing personal here).

If you check on the SW-Soft website, they have other products which can be compared with H-Sphere.

H sphere lets you compress any individual folder . I am not sure does the latest of plesk let do that ?
    this is very handy when one do not need entire or needs specific backup - also the billing is integrated into hsphere - so its one window for endusers to do everything

It's personal preference. Many hosts that say "Cpanel, Cpanel!" cut their teeth in hosting on WHT and Cpanel has always been incredibly popular here. We have many Plesk servers and also we have many Cpanel servers. Both control panels are excellent tools but one isn't better than the other. You might as well ask which tastes better - an apple or an orange. Both are different but people's tastes vary.

We have no problem in filling several Plesk servers every month. But a host's success is not dependant on the control panel. People should be seeking out quality hosts with emphasis on service and support.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

It is true that the sucess for any host does not depends upon the control panel that he is providing. At the same time there is no doubt that Cpanel has been the most popular control panel for a long time now. But when you consider plesk, version 7.* and above, you will find that Plesk is no longer confusing and difficult. Even the new users can get accostomed to plesk very easily now. Also when we talk about the tools offered, you should once have the demo for Plesk 7.5 version.

Plesk is a different animal since v7, you're right there. Its interface always underplayed the power behind the scenes but now Plesk 7 is probably the most beautiful CP on the market. I think that WHM/Cpanel is now falling behind the times. It does feel a bit dumb to have 2 control panels and gives you that extra step to troubleshoot cpanel issues. Don't get me wrong, I like WHM/Cpanel alot and it's actually great that they are so different.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.