Running a webhosting company

I have a new company and I need some people some more customers and hits on my website how can I start to get people to buy and get alot more hits on my website?

This question seems to be asked about once a day. I would recommend checking out the "Running a Web Hosting Business Tutorials" section to start off with. There are many ways to drive traffic and sales. Some things you may want to consider...

-Pay per click advertising like Google and Overture
    -Forums like WHT
    -Start an affiliate program
    -Market to local businesses

Regardless of your marketing avenue, I would suggest first determining exactly who your niche market is and then figure out the best way to reach those people...
    www.HowToSellHosting.com - How to start a hosting business (free download)!
    www.10-Free-Ebooks.com - Download 10 ebooks with resale rights

Don't forget the search function!

Originally posted by lifehost
    This question seems to be asked about once a day. I would recommend checking out the "Running a Web Hosting Business Tutorials" section to start off with. There are many ways to drive traffic and sales. Some things you may want to consider...

-Pay per click advertising like Google and Overture
    -Forums like WHT
    -Start an affiliate program
    -Market to local businesses

Regardless of your marketing avenue, I would suggest first determining exactly who your niche market is and then figure out the best way to reach those people...
    Couldn't of said it better myself

Originally posted by arxor
    Couldn't of said it better myself
    well we do get a lot of practice with that question....

Trust me, I know.

Re: Running a webhosting company

Originally posted by Gwan
    I have a new company and I need some people some more customers and hits on my website how can I start to get people to buy and get alot more hits on my website?

Have you tried one of those Ebay Auctions? 500 web hosting clients in 90 days or your money back? something like that. I was browsing thru Ebay and saw that. I haven't tried this myself, but it seems interesting. Just a thought you might want to consider

Anyway, submitting to search engines is always the best way to go. Also, joining in forums and posting will get you exposure as well. Seeking partnership with known companies is a marketing strategy too but quite expensive. I wish you all the best in your endeavor and goodluck.

Re: Re: Running a webhosting company

Originally posted by anonymousse
    Have you tried one of those Ebay Auctions? 500 web hosting clients in 90 days or your money back? something like that. I was browsing thru Ebay and saw that. I haven't tried this myself, but it seems interesting. Just a thought you might want to consider

Anyway, submitting to search engines is always the best way to go. Also, joining in forums and posting will get you exposure as well. Seeking partnership with known companies is a marketing strategy too but quite expensive. I wish you all the best in your endeavor and goodluck.
    Forget eBAY.

Hello,

Word of mouth !!!

Find a niche, and beat feet to get your name out there...

Best of luck,

Arch~Angel

Word of mouth is the best advertising ever invented

1) Customers find it great that other clients are bragging about your services, they wanna try them out for themselves.

2) Doesn't cost anything!! Always a plus

P.s. Almost forgot...

eBay is the MOST unprofessional means to do business (for web hosting) I could imagine. Others may feel different but I just find it Unprofessional, and in my business I hold my standards extremely high and hold other companies to the same when I buy products or services. and I would never consider an eBay auction as a place to find a rock solid web host. GREAT Deals on other items, Great service for cleaning out the closet, but we are not selling old used cloths, or computer parts are we...

Sorry for the rant...

Take care,

Arch~Angel

Time for a business plan

Originally posted by AgaBoogaBoo
    Time for a business plan
    Indeed. Most people don't realize how important a business plan is until it's too late.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

SEO - you need to optimize the pages for better rankings
    forums - participate in active threads, the cheap way of advertisement
    special packages - for now, give generous plans so that your name spreads out

best of luck
    Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | manual labor | staff leasing |
    because American & European labor are expensive

Originally posted by primeoutsourcing
    for now, give generous plans so that your name spreads out

best of luck
    Let me get this right. We don't like the cheap startups and then we encourage them?

-Turboz

Try helping people in the forums like WHT & others and add your site address in the signature. This can produce quite amazing results
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Join your local Chamber of Commerce and start networking. Talk to other business owners in your area and see if you can help them and maybe they refer clients to you. Many areas also have leads groups - where people refer clients to one another. Get a magnetic sign for your car and put bumper stickers on cars of friends and family. Sponsor a local soccer team or become a sponsor of a local computer show. The opportunities are endless. It depends on what you do about it.

Christoph
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Ebay or google works great!

Ebay or google works great!
    This user trying to post as many as possible to start displaying links. has been self promoting all over the forums.

Originally posted by wcws
    This user trying to post as many as possible to start displaying links. has been self promoting all over the forums.
    Sounds like a party.

Word of mouth can either be your best friend, or your worst enemy. Treat your customers right, and in time they will bring friends -- or if you don't treat them right, good luck if word ever gets out.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Word of mouth is huge...If someone wants to trash your company, you can't really do anything about it until the effect blow over...May take a while. (first hand experience.)