Hi. I have a VPS at ServInt which offers 200GB of traffic per month. I thought this was plenty for me, but one of my clients has video files for download/stream, which eats up a good 80% (or so) of my traffic allowance. I had to move the video files to another server (a shared plan on Site5) so as not to pay overage charges to ServInt. I'm paying Site5 $17.95 for 90 GB of monthly transfer allowance, as of a few days ago. I think I am safe for now since they don't seem to be monitoring my "bandwidth."
My question is: is there a host out there who will give me a good amount of bandwidth (at least 150 GB/mo, at least 5 GB/day) for a cheaper price, if i don't need the other stuff (MySQL, email, http, php, cgi, etc.)? This is only for serving mov/wmv files, about 125MB worth.
P.S. These are legitimate video files, music videos of a popular band, of whom I am the site administrator.
I say this every time but check out the advertisements section and also check people’s signatures. Self promotion is not allowed incase you are wondering why no one has replied with a flurry of "Check me out I got amazing prices" just to let u know
P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003
- "Cheaper price" relative to the $17.95 I'm paying Site5.
- I am not charging the band a lot of money. ($8/mo) So I'm basically paying for their hosting out of my own pockets. If you're wondering why, I'm nice, and I consider them more my friends than just clients.
- The next package up on ServInt is $89/mo, which I would like to avoid.
- I will check out Powweb. Thanks.
- Thanks for the responses. I'll look around some more. If I don't come up with a better solution, I might post in the offers/requests section.