pros and cons of RapidReflex (tm) - whats your opinion ?

pros and cons of the new RapidReflex ( TM - site5 )

its great that sites will *not* get suspended immediatly - there will be ample time to sort out and settle things.

on the other hand cetain things are not clear to me :

if my site starts to get a lot of traffic, resulting in more resource usage the ARRM comes into play - thats fine
    *but*look at this : a shared host abc may consider 1000 vistors to a forum and 5% cpu usage "more"
    while another xyz may not mind at all 3000 visitors and 10% cpu usage ( for example )

It matters really - when load not considered by another host is considered high by Rapidreflex and it asks ultimately the customer to move to a higher plan or ded server - while, for example, another host will have just accomodated.

Thus it is important to know the approximate ranges of allowance otherwise the entire thing Rapidreflex seems vague ( with the exception that in most cases a/c s are not just suspended )

Another problem is that if you ever need to be moved to ded server after the 4 weeks time you have to hunt for another host as site5 has no ded server listings currently in their site

Anyway - the Rapid Reflex is good as it obliviated the much discussed thread we had some time before and probably see: Eddie,Wullie and others - see - they have sort of done it what was said could not be done.
    Last edited by mahut; 04-28-2005 at 09:07 PM.

I'm wondering how they will work it out where if one site has a constant stream of visitors where it takes the load up slightly opposed to a site that has a 3 hour burst of traffic, which would get moved? Both? One? Would it need to be detected manually? etc.

I do like the idea about the system though, it is interesting
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

They actually seem to like people moving to dedicateds more then other hosts. Their RapidReflex is just like it sounds, its Rapid, (fast in deployment) and a Reflex, (to a suddent burst in traffic) It is NOT, and I repeat NOT designed for long term heavy load / usage. Your site EXPANDS and this thing is only going to help you for four weeks. Your site bursts AND goes back down, this will help

any one having any idea on this :

It matters really - when load not considered by another host is considered high by Rapidreflex and it asks ultimately the customer to move to a higher plan or ded server - while, for example, another host will have just accomodated.

Thus what are the approximate ranges of allowances RapidReflex allows otherwise the entire thing Rapidreflex seems vague ( with the exception that in most cases a/c s are not just suspended )

Brandonscsn, by this time everyone is very clear this is NOT for heavy load or usage site, the question is how much amount of moderate load it can handle without labelling it as so high that customer has to move to ded ?

And btw, they currently do not have any ded listings so it means moving bag and baggage to another host if the usage is that high

I don't get their system actually. The only thing that I worked out was that the sites will not be suspended *immediately* after the resources are crossed. This is good for sites which have high bandwidth fluctuations & have an immediate growth of traffic.

Besides, I like their new Control Panel.
    Techy Bubble

A Truly Remarkable Web Hosting Is Coming Soon! We won't change the world or anything. We will just make it better....

Originally posted by mahut
    any one having any idea on this :

Brandonscsn, by this time everyone is very clear this is NOT for heavy load or usage site, the question is how much amount of moderate load it can handle without labelling it as so high that customer has to move to ded ?

I think we are just going to have to wait and see

And btw, they currently do not have any ded listings so it means moving bag and baggage to another host if the usage is that high
    This is Site5 we are talking about remember? They will have dedicates before we know it. With a nice big fancy press release about it of course