Lightbulb My experience with EntroPay

Here is what happened to me. I had an account which worked fine for about 2 months. At one point I cancelled one of my virtual credit cards with them and was unpleasantly surprised it would take about a month for the funds in the card to move back to the account. It's true, they say it somewhere in the fine script so it was my fault not checking everything carefully, although I still can't see why it should take that long.

HOWEVER , when I recently tried logging on to see if the card cancellation was finally complete, I got

"You have suspended your account. No further transactions will be allowed on this account until it is restored.

If you would like to restore this account kindly contact the Customer Care. "

So I emailed them asking to restore the account and for the reasons it was suspended. They responded to my second email requesting account username, landline contact number and work email which I provided. It's been more than a week since then, I am still getting the same message and they are responding to no further emails (admittedly the last ones were not nice ).
    I only lost about a $100 so it's not a big deal, but it still sucks to feel cheated.
    So now you've been warned!

My experience is about the same except they did not even bother to reply to my email asking why they suspended my account which apparently I had asked them to do - NOT.

I had previously praised them -- now I think they are skunks!

This is not true as we reply to all queries within 24 hours.

What has happened is that a few users have abused our services and used our services for illicit means or worse they have plainly tried to defraud us and now we are being more diligent and asking for verification documents (which are destroyed once inspected) where we deem this necessary. In most cases we just ask for a landline contact number and a valid ISP or work e-mail address; in a few cases we need id/passport copies.

If you don't want to send us the documents requested you can simply contact us requesting the closure of your account and we will refund any balances back to the original credit card from where the funds originated.

We offer a prepaid virtual credit card service which most of our users appreciate but we will not let anyone abuse our services.

Please contact us at [email protected] or send us a message using our secure messaging facility from the HelpDesk of the EntroPay website.

EntroPay Support

EntroPay: Virtual VISA Cards for Secure Online Shopping
    Last edited by entropay; 04-15-2005 at 02:43 PM.

I did get a reply from Entropay this time -- but since I waited two weeks for it and since it discusses a change in policy that I did not know about and that was not mentioned anywhere on the site, I think that my paranoia was understandable. I have asked that my account be closed and my funds, small though they are, be returned to me. Oddly enough, it was only after I posted th note on here that I did receive a reply from Entropay. As mentioned, my first request for information was just ignored.

Why entropay can respond to this thread in few hours?
    But they cannot reply to their customer's email in two weeks? ...Very strange...!!

Note that we only became aware of this post because a user had sent us a message to our Help Desk with a link to this thread.

regards,

EntroPay Support

Well -- I just got a really quality service from entropay -- a personal phone call and a reactivation of my account. As I first mentioned, I thought they were great... I just got upset when my account was suspended without notification.

Originally posted by entropay
    Note that we only became aware of this post because a user had sent us a message to our Help Desk with a link to this thread.

regards,

EntroPay Support
    Oh..! I see!

Please take good care of your customers.
    There are millions of visitors come to this forum everyday
    to check out the update news here!

Originally posted by entropay

regards,

EntroPay Support
    and that was me who sent u this link to come and answer.
    coz a single side review is not enough to judge who is right who is wrong.

Anyway welcome to the forum
    Finest Regards;
    Jaguars

Originally posted by jaguars007
    and that was me who sent u this link to come and answer.
    coz a single side review is not enough to judge who is right who is wrong.

Anyway welcome to the forum
    Hello! jaguars007,

You did a good job! Keep on good work.!!

I do not think entropay is that bad; at least they
    registered their forum user name by their company name..!

I have now been waiting for two hours to access the money I loaded onto my EntroPay card.
    Is this normal???

Angry

Mods, please don't consider this as a bounce post of old thread. I really have a thing to share.

The same thing happened with me with entropay. My account was suspended and they are asking too many things to restore my account. Here is the email.

Your EntroPay username is xxxxxxxxxx.

Whilst carrying out a random security check , we have noticed that your account needs further verification, and we have temporarily restricted your account.

Your EntroPay account will be fully reactivated once we have received and reviewed the following ;

1.) A clear copy of your Passport, Photographic Drivers Licence or I.D. Card (both sides).

2.) A clear copy of both sides of all funding sources registered on your account, (For security reasons, we only need to see the first 6 and last 4 digits, Please COVER the 3 digit security code (CVV)). If your funding source is a Virtual Card, please send us a screenshot.

3.) A clear copy of a recent utility bill, on which your name and address are clearly visible.

4.) The name of the merchant at which you intend to spend.

You may send the documents via the Help Desk inside your account which is a secure channel.

Log into your EntroPay account, click on Help and Support, select helpdesk, click new request and attach the documents.

All documents are kept in a secure environment, and are only available to senior security personnel.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes but we trust that you appreciate the importance of maintaining appropriate security standards for our customer's accounts.

Kind Regards

EntroPay Security Team

I think first 2 things are more than enough to let them verify me as a genuine user. I would never use enotropay again.

KYC

I honestly dont understand the problem.

These items listed are highly legit to ask for so EntroPay are in compliance with KYC and AML laws out there and protects their business.

The problem among many merchants is that whats it enough in their mind is not enough according to the mentioned laws and regulations.

We have merchants that sends in a utility bill and passport copy and say "thats all you get....now give me a merchant account".

Merchants needs to understand that we, the processors, are asking for these documents for a reason. That is both to adhere to international KYC/AML regulations but also to know who we are dealing with because we carry a lot of risk.

One bad merchant can cause some serious problems to the whole business.
    Failsafe Payments - New Website & New Products Launched

CertoConnect (Alternative Payments) - Free Until July 2012

I stumbled across this forum and signed up to entropay, I could not load the card through my bank card at all kept coming up errors so i emailed them, They said it was my bank but i then got this email

"Whilst carrying out a random security check , we have noticed that your account needs further verification, and we have temporarily restricted your account.

Your EntroPay account will be fully reactivated once we have receivedand reviewed the following ;

1.) A clear copy of your Passport, Photographic Drivers Licence or I.D. Card (both sides).

2.) A clear copy of both sides of all funding sources registered on your account, (For security reasons, we only need to see the first 6 and last 4 digits, Please COVER the 3 digit security code (CVV)). If your funding source is a Virtual Card, please send us a screenshot.

3.) A clear copy of a recent utility bill, on which your name and address are clearly visible.

4.) The name of the merchant at which you intend to spend.

You may send the documents via the Help Desk inside your account which is a secure channel.

Log into your EntroPay account, click on Help and Support, select helpdesk, click new request and attach the documents.

All documents are kept in a secure environment, and are only available to senior security personnel.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes but we trust that you appreciate the importance of maintaining appropriate security standards for our customer's accounts.

Kind Regards

EntroPay Security Team"

So i reluctantly did what they asked and emailed all the info and then they suspended the account i am sure they only wanted the passport details and name and address for other reasons, After that i got this email

"We are writing to inform you that your EntroPay account has been suspended.

We take security very seriously, and we suspend any account where there is or appears to be any activity of a suspicious nature. We are obliged to carry out such measures in the interest of our genuine customers.

We are taking steps where possible, to refund any money held on your EntroPay VISA Card(s) or in your EntroPay account. Any such refunds will be to the credit/debit cards from where the funds were originally transferred.

Please note that your EntroPay VISA Card(s) will now be declined by merchants and you will no longer be able to login on our website.

If you require further detail, or believe that our decision is unjustified, please contact our Customer Support team using the help links on our website or by emailing [email protected]. And we will endeavour to help where we can.

Yours sincerely,
    EntroPay"

and then this one when i questioned it i have had no reason at all why my account was suspended and feel its a scam i urge folk to stay away

"Dear Kev,

Please note that we cannot discuss suspended accounts with users.

Your account has however been reviewed again and it will remain suspended.

Please do not create any more accounts in the future as these will also bee suspended.

Regards,
    Lorcan
    EntroPay security team"

What a complete joke STAY AWAY its a scam

tlysesm thinking

Today my experience with EntroPay raise a HUGE question mark on this 'company' if it is a real company in the first place or not...anyway here is my experience which leaded to this question

Today I joined EntroPay, entered my details and CC information in the registration wizard, few minutes later they sent me an email asking for a scanned copy of my photo ID, utility bill, merchants names and a copy of my CC

I emailed them back that I have no problem what so ever in sending all of this information except for the utility bill as I don't have any in my name, yet I am ready to send them as a replacement a copy of bank statement

A guy from entropay replied ((( that all they need ))) is a proof of address so the bank statement will do the job

I sent the copy of the bank statement, then later I found a reply asking me a again for a copy photo id, CC and a ((( utility bill ))) which I've clearly mentioned from the start that I don't have!

I tried to find a phone number to call them, but couldn't find on their website, so I tried to see where they are located and found that they are located in Malta....but they are registered with a registration number and a legal company name in UK!!!!!!

So I emailed them asking them that I have no problem giving them whatever documents they ask, but I need to make sure first that this is a legitimate company and I am sending those documents to real people in real company and office and not just fellows working from 'home'...so the least to ask was that I asked them to send me their phone number, address and their company registration number

BOOM...my account was suspended...no more replies to my emails...no one even cared to reply and send me the company phone number or at least proof that they are a legitimate company and not just few friends working from home!!

Now the BIG question mark is....WHY will a company do all of this to their client IF they are a legitimate company and IF they are talking about security...bla bla bla of securing their accounts and clients?!!!

I imagine that any company wouldn't mind sending their phone number to their clients ('especially a company with the size they are claiming')...ok forget about the phone number, how about the address...why is it a secret?!!

And why the hell did my question scare them and leaded them to closing my account?!!!

As a matter of fact here, I have no more interest in this company, nor I think anyone worried about his / her personal information will be interested in working with a company that is hiding in the dark!

The main and only reason I am writing this here is that to warn anyone else before sending their personal documentation to this website, to ask them first about their address/ phone or even their registration number....if they are a real company they should reveal such information happily at least to gain the trust of their clients....if they are not, then at least you know before working with them that there is a big chance you are NOT working with a company here

On a minor note: the registration number in the company footer is NOT their registration number, instead it is another company registration number

Entropay is a Maltese company owned by a UK company called Ixaris. That's why they will show both UK and Malta registration numbers.

As for being a real company, once you have an account manager with them things go smoothly. Their regular support leaves a lot to be desired and their anti-fraud team is a bit too sensitive at times, especially when it comes to new clients.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but it doesn't surprise me unfortunately. It is however a good company to work with once you complete all KYC and due diligence and get an account manager.

Thanks for the tips but I still strongly think that for a 'company' collecting important personal and financial information from their clients it is important to put their contact information including but not limited to their address, phone number and registration number clear on their website

As a new client, I shouldn't be searching forums, hoping to see a reply like yours to verify that they are a real company as such information is not a top secret after all...not to mention that with all the respect I wouldn't send a copy of my photo id and CC just because I saw a post in a forum saying...hey guys this company is cool

Please don't get me wrong but we are talking about sensitive information here...Having said that, when a new client tell a professional company that he doesn't have a utility bill then this company representative officially inform him that it is OK to verify his information with only bank statement then later the same exact representative decide that they still need the utility bill which (((THEY KNOW))) that he doesn't have...I think this is more of a stupidity and unprofessional attitude rather than sensitivity as you are trying to explain

In term of when I will be a client of entropay, I can guarantee you that the only time I will be a client of this non-sense unprofessionally operated 'website' is when hell freezes over....until then, I am 'safer' with my real credit card

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them that stuff is always very frustrating! To be fair - you have thousands of people stopping by this forum every year to discuss whether or not Paypal is some 'real' company whose representatives say one thing and then say something different the next day.

Others who happen upon this post might want to note - in many cases a processing company would accept a credit card bill with your address on it in lieu of the 'utility bill' asked for.
    High Risk Merchant Consult

Unbiased Payment Solution Analysis since 2001_ info[at]highriskmc.com

I've used them a couple of years ago, and only stopped when loading my account began to require a personal phone call from the paranoid Credit Card Fraud Protection team at my bank for every transaction (they indicated this isn't Entropay's fault - more Entropay's customers. Hence the new policy I suppose).

Apart from that, I can't say I ever had difficulty with them while I used them (admittedly this was a couple years ago) - customer service replied relatively promptly and sorted out what they could.

In response to people calling them a scam though, they are a registered Financial Service Provider in the UK. This isn't something that gets handed out with every box of Fruit Loops, it requires extensive background checks, real business continuity plans and stuff, and I would be unsurprised if it also required a massive deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalriath View Post
    they are a registered Financial Service Provider in the UK. This isn't something that gets handed out with every box of Fruit Loops
    ROFL!!! I guess you might have to be an industry worker to find the humor but ya - it's definitely comparable to giving an appendage or first born kinda thing =)
    High Risk Merchant Consult

Unbiased Payment Solution Analysis since 2001_ info[at]highriskmc.com

I send numerous emails to entropay asking why they consider me fraudulant. I keep getting the same email from entropay back. It seems like it is an automated email.
    3 times the exact same email and no answer to my questions yet. I am sorry but THAT seems fraudulant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingamy View Post
    I send numerous emails to entropay asking why they consider me fraudulant. I keep getting the same email from entropay back. It seems like it is an automated email.
    3 times the exact same email and no answer to my questions yet. I am sorry but THAT seems fraudulant to me.
    If you try to look at it from their point of view, it makes sense not to reveal why someone is considered fraudulent or too high risk. If they tell you that, you know how they assess risk and you can use that to circumvent their anti-fraud checks in the future. If that means they lose a few potential clients, that's their choice.

Conversely my experience with EntroPay was error free except the fact they are too slow in replying the queries.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberm View Post
    On a minor note: the registration number in the company footer is NOT their registration number, instead it is another company registration number

EntroPay is operated by Ixaris Systems Limited. 540990 is Ixaris System Limited's registration number with the Financial Services Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by gondaliya View Post
    A clear copy of your Passport, Photographic Drivers Licence or I.D. Card (both sides).
    This rings alarm bells to me. There is no legitimate reason to require photographic ID because they cannot see the customer to compare with the photograph on the document.

Quote Originally Posted by mfpa View Post
    This rings alarm bells to me. There is no legitimate reason to require photographic ID because they cannot see the customer to compare with the photograph on the document.
    Where do you get that silly idea from? Every time I've ever had to deal with a company, one of the core requirements is that one form of ID must be photographic. This is because if the authorities come knocking, then they need at least one photographic ID of the customer in order to prove they know who they are dealing with - presumably this is because photographic ID proves that the customer has in fact been verified by a reputable government source (and the requirement to provide 1-2 other forms of ID is to confirm that the customer has multiple IDs with the same name, providing a high likelihood that the customer is legitimate. Enough to satisfy regulators anyway).

This is absolutely NOT an illegitimate requirement. It's even a legal requirement.

I heard a little bit about them and there were only negative reviews...

Entropay have been fine for me, I had a problem paying with something once via eBay, I actually loaded up the virtual card but PayPal takes a small fee of it, so I was something like 3.00 short of the balance I needed to pay via the virtual card. So I did a faster payment for the seller via my bank and i ended up losing 100.

It's not that the seller wasn't trusted either, ~200 feedback and he wasn't bothered either way he just pocketed a easy 100 and there was nothing I could do about it.

/stupid-moment

Angry Entropay Reputable Company or Not?

Hello guys new to this forum
    I was google " Entropay Complaint " and "Entropay scammer " and lead me to this forum. so sorry if I bring this old thread up again since i dont know where the right place to ask

I have doubt with their service which lead me to dissapointment, they just disabled my feature in my account to create virtual cards with non sense abuse reason bla bla bla which I had NEVER done . after all this 4 years I became their user even im not afraid they can monitor my acc themself.
    But at same time they're still let my fund being taken from my credit card to do top-up balance , they do not disable this feature and just info me that the virtual card feature in my acc are disabled after the fund is succeeded taken from my card ??
    I havent get any more answer when I asked about withdraw my balance
    Since i can not use entropay features anymore, then what is the point they let me do top up balance my entropay card?

Please share if anyone have experiences with them.
    Thanks for the assistance

Me too....

I can totally relate with you.

Last week I got an e-mail from Entropay telling me to "verify" my account details. I sent them all the documentation they asked for and still my account has not been reactivated yet (no answer so far).

I honestly do not know what to do. I am tempted to sue them, as they refuse to give me my money back, but I am afraid it will not be worth the effort, as I guess it will take a lot of time and money.

For the love of God I swear I will NEVER use their website again, and I will advise all of my friends to do so.

If anybody has had similar experiences please share, and if anyone knows how to get our money back from this scam website please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaM84 View Post
    if anyone knows how to get our money back from this scam website please let us know.
    Assuming they are not willing to cooperate with you, complain to MFSA and/or FSC.

If that doesn't work - chargeback.

Entro pay is great

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Assuming they are not willing to cooperate with you, complain to MFSA and/or FSC.

If that doesn't work - chargeback.
    Yes, thanks for the advice, chargeback is what I am trying to do right now. I hope I am still in time to do that.

Then I am going to close that damn Entropay account for good.

Quote Originally Posted by cmr1290 View Post
    Entro pay is great
    Sure, until they lock you out of your account and you will say bye bye to your money.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaM84 View Post
    Sure, until they lock you out of your account and you will say bye bye to your money.
    So, just to wrap up this conversation, after quite a few copy&paste answers from the Entropay helpdesk (sometimes I thought I was talking to a bot), I was able to get my account unblocked.

I immediately withdrew all my money from the account and told them that they can close it now.

Just for the sake of the discussion, I now use a Paypal account to buy online. In theory I could resume using the Entropay account now that it got unblocked but I do not trust them anymore.

I do not know if/when they will block it again claiming some ongoing "security control" (and, FFS, I just had 80 euro in the account, what did they think? That I was trying to do some money laundering or some illegal smuggling? I mean, come on guys, we are talking about 80 euros, not 800000!!!!), and if I will be able to get it unblocked again.

Hope this message will help someone make the right decision in the future.