Billing questions (2checkout) or not

what is the next best other then 2co ?

PayPal is always good. Lower fees too and no setup.
    Mark Stevens
    GHXhosting.com Ltd - Shared & Reseller Hosting
    (UK/US) Dedicated Servers & VPS
    Server-Help.co.uk Experienced Linux server admin for hire

2Checkout has made recent changes that have irritated a lot of people (including me). They are notorious for making drastic changes with little or no care about the impact on their customers.

thats what happen to me, I gotten this product yeserday and had notthing but problems

Mike what recent changes have they made? If you dont mind sharing it with us since I was interested in signing up with them.
    FAST NET SUPPORT
    Quick & Easy Technical Support Solutions
    Click here to contact us for a FREE quote!

The biggest one for me is the lack of header and footer HTML files. They used to allow you to call an html page from your domain that would display header and footer images and text. It was really nice because you could give the feel to the user that they are not leaving your site.

They removed that early in April, and I have seen a sharp increase in the number of customers bailing out at the payment screen. Never has this ever been a problem for me before.
    Now they let use a small little tiny logo in the top left corner, and that's it. Looks terrible.

The other change they made, that didn't really affect me, was to add more mandatory variables for certain shopping carts when they pass the info to the 2checkout site.
    I know from speaking to a couple others this had shopping cart and billing software programmers scrambling because they gave very little notice.

i had the option to use 2checkout on my billing software, little to know it was for v1 not v2. yesterday i have gotten 2co thinking everything will work fine. nope.. ! far from fine now i'm requesting a refund from 2co and cancel

Originally posted by stokes_83
    The biggest one for me is the lack of header and footer HTML files. They used to allow you to call an html page from your domain that would display header and footer images and text. It was really nice because you could give the feel to the user that they are not leaving your site.

They removed that early in April, and I have seen a sharp increase in the number of customers bailing out at the payment screen. Never has this ever been a problem for me before.
    Now they let use a small little tiny logo in the top left corner, and that's it. Looks terrible.

The other change they made, that didn't really affect me, was to add more mandatory variables for certain shopping carts when they pass the info to the 2checkout site.
    I know from speaking to a couple others this had shopping cart and billing software programmers scrambling because they gave very little notice.

Yeah there a lot of things you need to investigate before choosing 2checkout. The whole V1/V2 thing is joke to me. That is just my point about them, they make such drastic changes to their system and leave their customers in the cold.

I am going to have a serious look at Payapl again now that they are offering transaction processing without the user having to a paypal acount. I am in Canada so this wasn't an option for me when I chose my payment processor.

2Checkout has said that they don't think branding on the payment pages is a big deal because their customers "can leverage their name" and customers will feel safe buying from them. Makes me laugh because I asked a lot of my freinds who are not in the industry if they had ever heard of 2checkout.com, not a single one of them said yes. They all knew paypal.

Originally posted by stokes_83

That actually wasn't 2co's fault...the headers had to be removed due to new regulations put forth by Visa and Mastercard.

Yes Velostream you are right, I guess I shouldn't come off sounding too harsh on 2 Checkout for something they have no control over. I am just a little frusterated about a few lost sales it has caused.

Re: Billing questions (2checkout) or not

Originally posted by Ivan23
    what is the next best other then 2co ?
    Here's a short reference list of several third- party processing companies you might want 2checkout(lol) as well:

paypal
    freemerchantsource
    clickbank
    globill
    digibuy
    revecom
    ibill
    verotel
    ccnow

I am happy with paypal by the way