.com - whois privacy

I own a .com domain. I noticed that some domain names don't show private info in whois. My domain is with EV1. How can I protect my private info from others?

Thank you.

Go to their forum and ask: http://forum.ev1servers.net. But so far,
    I don't see any thread on that subject, and I can't find anything at
    all that suggests EV1 offers any domain privacy service.

I think you should contact EV1 regarding that. I am not sure how it is done with them.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Pricewise, the cheapest whois protection is registerfly at $.99 each. I guess the next is namecheap at $4.88

If ev1 doesn't fill your needs, you might consider transferring to either one.

fewcoin

i doubt tucows/opensrs offer whios privacy protection services,but ask their sles maybe EV1 offer it (although i doubt it)
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by fewcoin
    Pricewise, the cheapest whois protection is registerfly at $.99 each. I guess the next is namecheap at $4.88

If ev1 doesn't fill your needs, you might consider transferring to either one.

fewcoin

actually, the cheapest - or rather free- whois privacy service can be found at www.domainsatcost.ca

I have domains registered with godaddy and icannwholesale and they both use http://www.domainsbyproxy.com for their private registry service.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Originally posted by DevilDog
    I have domains registered with godaddy and icannwholesale and they both use http://www.domainsbyproxy.com for their private registry service.
    icannwholesale.com appears to be a reseller for godaddy's WWdomains. That's why domainsbyproxy - which is part of godaddy - is the registrant when you select the private registration.

Godaddy's Domainsbyproxy costs more than Namecheap's Whoisguard. Namecheap has been offering the first year of Whoisguard free, and they have been offering Whoisguard for two domains for the price of one.
    I currently have a domain registered with Godaddy and two with Namecheap.
    With Domainsbyproxy they will assign an email address to display in the whois that will be [email protected]. In the default setting email to that address won't be forwarded to your email address on file. You can log on and change settings to allow forwarding with spam filtering, or forwarding without filtering, or return to no forwarding. You will need to request the Domainsbyproxy account number, which will be different from your Godaddy number.

With Namecheap, they will provide the unit of Whoisguard, and it is up to you to manually apply it to the domain if you want to. They will create an email address randomlygeneratednumbersandletters.p...whoisguard.com which will forward to the email address you have on file. To prevent spam from getting through you can easily go into your Whoisguard options and manually tell it to create a new Whoisguard address for you, which will make the one previously harvested by the spammer obsolete and non-functional. You can also set it to periodically change the address automatically. That can destroy Whoisguard addresses faster than the spammers can harvest and set up a spam list with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalmos View Post
    I own a .com domain. I noticed that some domain names don't show private info in whois. My domain is with EV1. How can I protect my private info from others?

Thank you.
    Update: EV1 is now hoover.com

Quote Originally Posted by madlynx View Post
    Update: EV1 is now www.hoover.com
    You resurrected a 7 year old thread to make a joke? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pla...ernet_Services

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
    i doubt tucows/opensrs offer whios privacy protection services,but ask their sles maybe EV1 offer it (although i doubt it)
    Tucows offer a whois service.
    Doran
    Senior Support Advisor for daily.co.uk
    Low Cost VPS Soultions: www.daily.co.uk/products/virtual-private-servers | High Performance Dedicated Servers: www.daily.co.uk/products/dedicated-servers/

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    You resurrected a 7 year old thread to make a joke? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pla...ernet_Services
    This 7-yr-old thread is obsolete. It should be deleted, so that it does not come up in the top 10 results of a google search I did the day I wrote the reply. At least, with your link, there are now two pieces of information in this "zombie" thread that make it somewhat useful again. That doesn't solve the problem but it's better than nothing.

Well, I would like to point out that there are many reputed Domain Registrars that offer Domain Privacy protect for FREE... be sure to contact your Registrar and get all the things cleared.