is it worth to stay with network solutions?

(this is a domain for a fan page that makes no money)

Network Solutions is still charging $35 per year, i've never had a problem with them, if i move the domain for example.. to godaddy, i'd be paying less than $10 a year.. but godaddy is tricky and can dissappear your domain in a wink.. or is there another registrar with a better price and service that you could recommend or is worth to stay with netsol?
    enjoy your flaming and hypocracy

NetSol is, by far, the most "lenient" registrar when it comes to
    sensitive issues like spamming and undesirable content (i.e. hate)
    of a website I've ever encountered. The only times they'll take
    action is if the domain's using their servers or is involved in
    copyright or TM infringement.

I guess that's another "price" to pay for aside from their 24/7 toll-
    free phone support. Plus they don't have any hidden charges as
    far as I know.

Unless there's something I missed.

If I were you, I'd stick it out with them as long as you haven't had
    any problems with them and they're still giving you the kind of
    service/s you're looking for.

Definately not worth it. I figured that out four or five years ago so I can't comment on their support but I would imagine their domain managing technology is still in the internet stoneage. There are plenty of other great choices for much less with a hell of alot more features and ease of use.

I have used Godaddy since about 1999. Not one problem with them. NetSol, they refused to release one account to Godaddy and it took me three months to get that resolves.

Re: is it worth to stay with network solutions?

Originally posted by mp3sattack
    (this is a domain for a fan page that makes no money)

Network Solutions is still charging $35 per year, i've never had a problem with them, if i move the domain for example.. to godaddy, i'd be paying less than $10 a year.. but godaddy is tricky and can dissappear your domain in a wink.. or is there another registrar with a better price and service that you could recommend or is worth to stay with netsol?
    I've never had problems with GoDaddy and don't know what you mean by a domain disappearing.

I think $35 a year is a ridiculous price for a domain in this day and age. I think Network Solutions' appeal is much like the days when people stuck with AT&T or only bought IBM because they were reliable companies.

I've been really happy with ICANNwholesale.com for some domain purchases that are cheaper than GoDaddy.

Let's put it to you this way. I own over 20 domains and have not registered a domain with Network Solutions in 6 years. I have never lost a domain and have saved a lot of money over the years by not paying $35 a year.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Re: Re: is it worth to stay with network solutions?

Originally posted by DevilDog
    I've never had problems with GoDaddy and don't know what you mean by a domain disappearing.
    There have been some experiences of Godaddy messing up their database and some users logged into their account and found all their domains gone.

I think there's quite a discussion on this in the "Goddaddy Sucks" threads.

there is tons of companies that sell domains at ~$10 and they are reputable too, just search the forums and read

good luck
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I queried two domains on their site. The next day when I returned to register them, they registered them. One of which was very valuable. Needless to say, I'm not fond of them.

Re: Re: Re: is it worth to stay with network solutions?

Originally posted by 2fangs
    There have been some experiences of Godaddy messing up their database and some users logged into their account and found all their domains gone.

I think there's quite a discussion on this in the "Goddaddy Sucks" threads.
    Thanks. Even if this happened in their database the good news is that you wouldn't lose the domain because the Admin Contact would still have your info and you wouldn't really lose the domain.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Don't want to get into a flame war but Network Solutions and GoDaddy are geared towards different audiences... Network Solutions simply won't compete on price like GoDaddy. However Network Solutions spends more on Customer Service (NS has a 800#, GoDaddy does not). Network Solutions also doesn't try to upsell the moon in addition to a hundred everything else in a very (what I believe) convulated site.

Chances are though, if you are reading and posting in this forum, you may not need the Cust Srvc NS has to offer... GoDaddy may not be the best for you either though... With that said, if you like this domain and want to register it long term, the price difference is not that much.. Going by the old saying .. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Just a side note -- anyone see this... NS rates better than GD
    Check out http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1738,2269,00.asp as well... A review of GoDaddy vs Network Solutions...

Originally posted by jeepfun

Just a side note -- anyone see this... NS rates better than GD
    Check out http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1738,2269,00.asp as well... A review of GoDaddy vs Network Solutions...
    Probably from a usablility perspective. NSI has far fewer ads than GD
    Domain Maven

I have registered "first.last.name" domain with NS then when I wanted to transfer the domain to another, for privacy protection of the whois info, they denied my request. But personalnames.com did help me transfer the domain from NS to them.

Perhaps they wanted to keep me as their customer illegally.

Originally posted by frontier
    I have registered "first.last.name" domain with NS then when I wanted to transfer the domain to another, for privacy protection of the whois info, they denied my request. But personalnames.com did help me transfer the domain from NS to them.

Perhaps they wanted to keep me as their customer illegally.
    It's a .name domain? I'm not sure if the Global Names Registry
    allows registrar transfers.

If GNR doesn't, it's not NetSol's fault. It's GNR's.