Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hog dog rodeos

Originally posted by jonathanbull
    Don't get me wrong - I'm all against this an' all, but why did the 'organisers' keep pulling the dog off every time it got a good hold of the pig? Surely that's what they're looking for?!
    Probably to make the fight last longer. If the boar had it's tusks, wouldnt be much more than a 10 second fight..
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    kerry is known for his anti-peta stance. i guess he doesnt believe in someone sticking up for animals.

makes me wonder what he eats for breakfast... probably lots of sausage and eggs!

And your point is?

I eat meat for breakfast. Lots of it.
    I eat meat at every meal of every day of every week. I love meat.

I love eggs too. I love cheese. I love all animal based food products.

Again what was your point? Are you saying the everyone who eats bacon with their breakfast, or has a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch or has a good roast beef dinner is automatically against animal protections?

Trust me. You are no better a person just because you choose not to eat meat.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    And your point is?

I eat meat for breakfast. Lots of it.
    I eat meat at every meal of every day of every week. I love meat.

I love eggs too. I love cheese. I love all animal based food products.

Again what was your point? Are you saying the everyone who eats bacon with their breakfast, or has a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch or has a good roast beef dinner is automatically against animal protections?

Trust me. You are no better a person just because you choose not to eat meat.
    as usual, no one is talking about being better, no one is talking about you eating meat.... this thread is about the hog dog rodeo. sorry if you happened to have missed that.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

Lauren, I usually eat meat once a day and its usually 97% fat free turkey and sometimes its beef or chicken. I actually eat more vegetables than meat products to balance out my diet. I'm wondering did you read in my PETA thread a while back, which seems to have disappeared where PETA has given thousands of dollars to suspected ALF terrorist for a "fair" trial? This is one reason why I don't like this organization one bit and want it shut down. I know there are more organizations out there whom make a difference. I've been deprogramming these kids online not to look forward to PETA for guidance, but to go out into their community and animal shelters and really make a difference instead of being a pawn. I have far more respect to a kid who has volunteered at an animal shelter than one who protested at the local KFC. I mentioned "force" is because they are trying to force me not tuse fur and they are trying to tax meat to discourage people from buying it. I also noted they recently tried passing a law in calfiornia and colorado where they no longer use the "pet owner", but "animal guardian", yet another way to try and make pets equal.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Can't say I've ever heard of these before.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Webdude
    I will ask my question again, actually, I will quote it..

So just because PETA says something is happening you believe it?
    More than likely, the pictures they have arent even of any kind of public incident. More like it's probably a few guys in southern Mexico and their dogs, and some hogs they trapped. They dont tell you specifically where they are happening, they just name general states so nobody had enough evidence to question their reports..
    Why does it matter if I know someone that's been to one of these? I don't know anyone who would be so disgusting to go to one. And just because PETA says you don't believe it? Maybe instead of just assuming things you should do more research too. With the things you say I don't know whether it's worth trying to say anything to you because if someone proves you wrong or answers you you don't say much to it. With what you said about Pits... I've known many that weren't aggressive and wouldn't even bite an intruder of their house. Why? Because the owners really took time to train them and make sure they weren't aggressive.

Lauren, I usually eat meat once a day and its usually 97% fat free turkey and sometimes its beef or chicken. I actually eat more vegetables than meat products to balance out my diet. I'm wondering did you read in my PETA thread a while back, which seems to have disappeared where PETA has given thousands of dollars to suspected ALF terrorist for a "fair" trial? This is one reason why I don't like this organization one bit and want it shut down. I know there are more organizations out there whom make a difference. I've been deprogramming these kids online not to look forward to PETA for guidance, but to go out into their community and animal shelters and really make a difference instead of being a pawn. I have far more respect to a kid who has volunteered at an animal shelter than one who protested at the local KFC. I mentioned "force" is because they are trying to force me not tuse fur and they are trying to tax meat to discourage people from buying it. I also noted they recently tried passing a law in calfiornia and colorado where they no longer use the "pet owner", but "animal guardian", yet another way to try and make pets equal.
    Someone going to an animal shelter and helping dogs there is not going to help the hogs and dogs that are in these types of situations. PETA does a lot for animals... how they do it I don't care.
      0 Not allowed!

they don't help alot of animals... you should read what peta-sucks has on their website or prehaps I should quote it...

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1. PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.
    2. PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.
    3. PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.
    4. PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.
    5. PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda.
    6. PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.
    7. PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.
    http://peta-sucks.com/whatispeta.htm

http://peta-sucks.com/ararticles.htm

the guy has a vast amount of information on peta. as I do more research into the groups fiancial records and look into Ingrid Newkirk's background records to see if there is anything that can be incriminating towards her.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I think they do do something I know they've turned people vegan or vegetarian... the same leather (and that's just people I've known), so I wouldn't say they done nothing. Is the seven things you don't know about PETA Supposed to be bad things? Telling me to look at PETA-sucks.com is about as bad as me telling you to look at PETA for information if you're against it. I don't see what they say on that site as like a problem.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens.com
    as usual, no one is talking about being better, no one is talking about you eating meat.... this thread is about the hog dog rodeo. sorry if you happened to have missed that.

Actually you took your own thread off topic by making the accusations against Kerry and by suggesting that just because someone doesn't like PETA or because someone likes to eat meat that they don't "stick up for animals".
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by babychi
    Well, I think they do do something I know they've turned people vegan or vegetarian... the same leather (and that's just people I've known), so I wouldn't say they done nothing. Is the seven things you don't know about PETA Supposed to be bad things? Telling me to look at PETA-sucks.com is about as bad as me telling you to look at PETA for information if you're against it. I don't see what they say on that site as like a problem.
    2. PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.
    3. PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.
    4. PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.

If you don't find these things to be a problem then I believe you have serious problems. Anyone who puts animal rights ahead of human rights needs to have their head examined.
      0 Not allowed!

And so are the days of our lives......when I hit submit, I will see an hourglass.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12