hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Community Reviews : Web Site Reviews : urbansector.com

Forum Jump

urbansector.com

Reply Post New Thread In Web Site Reviews Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

urbansector.com

http://www.urbansector.com/

does the site attract you back? any comments for any improvements, etc?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi

The colors are nice.

I would change:
- The header, choose a beautiful logo
- The font, try Tahoma or Verdana

Regards

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

that is a nice looking site, you can reduce page height by reducing unnecessery line spacing

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I would make hte top menu bigger, and use some nice picture as a header. Other than this it looks all great.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

thanks guys!

what about the content? is the pull factor there? or wld u just take a cursory glance at the site, and never return?

any ideas how to attract ppl back for repeated visits?

Old
Arbeitsloser

Uh, maybe this is just me, but I find your line spacing way too wide. And while your encoding is specified as UTF-8, your site looks better under Western (ISO) ... perhaps a call to a different font type?

The content, however, is great. Smart arrangement of the Google Ads; and the gadget photos are well-arranged. Yes, there's definitely a pull factor with the content.

Good job.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

hmm..the line spacing might be a bit too wide. I reduced it by around 30%, it should be better now ;D

I don't understand the part about encoding though. Could you explain it? How does one view a page under different encoding, and what difference will the encoding do? How do you determine the right font type to use also?

Thanks for compliments as well, I hope this site succeeds

Old
Arbeitsloser

Sorry, I should've been more clear. At the moment you've specified your encoding here:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
(As you can see, UTF-8.) Encodings particularly affect the presentation of punctuations, for example, the apostrophes. This is an important detail to take care of, especially for non-English computers.

To view the page under a different encoding, click on the page with the second mouse button under your browser (assuming that you're using IE as well), and select "Encoding", or something like that.

To find a best-viewed font type is as simple as trying out a few font types and see which work best. In this particular case, the font type that you've specified, under UTF-8, displays the apostrophe in a strangely wide fashion. It displays fine under Western (ISO) though, hence my comment.

I should note that I'm not trying to encourage you to use another encoding. UTF-8 is fine. But perhaps another font type that works well under UTF-8?

Just a thought. (Vewwy shleepy, and I have no idea what I'm ranting about, heh.)

Old
Web Hosting Master

Very clean site! - I love the way that the google ads simply don't look like they are adverts! you have done a remarkable job!

Using Firefox/windows, I notice that on the right hand side, just below the Subscriptions section that the ads by google are pushed halfway across the right hand part of the page - it breaks an otherwise excellent site.

The content is good, and as long as it is frequently updated I don't think you will have any problems getting repeat visitors!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hmmm.. I took out those google ads now that you've mentioned it. They're pretty extra anyway.

Thanks all for your kind comments!

Old

Great looking site. Keep it the way it is.

Old

I like smalelr tables on the left with your information on the right. Liek in advertising where you read top left to bottom right

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted