they offer

30,000 MB storage space
    600 GB file transfer
    Free Web site Templates

16.95 month

what do you think?

if you know better company please let me know

Thanks

lol, sorry couldn't hold that laugh. My personal opinion, there overselling. You will never need that much space, unless your running a dedicated server, and for only $16.95 a mo? Yea, I would suggest someone else. I think everyone else would agree with me on this one.

hi arxor
    thank you for reply.

i forgot to mention that they say If you buy 1 year package you also get an addition year for free!

I would recommend you to use the Search option & search for Reviews on Canaca on this Forum, I've seen many threads on them.

Canaca [dot] com host over 30,000 + Clients, They are a good company trust me

600 GB of bandwidth for less than $17? That's not overselling at all.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

17?

When will the madness end?! Overselling has gone to crazy levels.

A couple of years ago, it was unlimited everything; Now it's overselling like crazy.

I thought I was horrible for mildly overselling, but 30 GB space and 600 Gb bandwidth for $16.95 month?! That's just asking for bad service.

Small amounts of overselling are ok if they are properly managed. But that much space and bandwidth is just way too much to be properly oversold.
    Mark Stevens
    GHXhosting.com Ltd - Shared & Reseller Hosting
    (UK/US) Dedicated Servers & VPS
    Server-Help.co.uk Experienced Linux server admin for hire

30G/300G make no difference with unlimit space/unlimit xfer
    and 3G/XXG
    because they know you would never use that much,
    if you did have, you may take too much of cpu resources,
    which is against their tos
    I Love WHT

thank you all
    i used the Search option & search for Reviews on Canaca on this Forum...and this is what i got

"If you would like to discuss further, we can. I can give you 1000 reasons to stay far away, well 648 to be exact - those would be my support tickets I have sent in the past 18 months!"

"they wanted to suspend my site once because I was overusing the CPU. They sent an e-mail before, and we identified the "bad" script, which turned out to be an error from my part. So in the end, my site was never suspended."

"I rate Canaca 1 out of 10"

"Please for the love of God, do not ever sign up with Canaca.com. I signed up early this year for their Silver 1 year plan thinking the hosting was cheap and they seemed to offer a lot. How wrong I was. Their servers were slower than a 14.4 modem downloading Doom3. On top of that, they have the WORST support IMAGINABLE. "

"Here is a quote I received from Canaca. I wanted to cancel my 3 year GOLD service after three days...

Posted on 16 Oct 2004 04:20 PM
    Please notice that there will be no refund if there is nothing wrong with our servers and as we are checking the status of the server that your acocunt is on, we do not see any problem at all"

"One word: Overselling!

I have this client who had Canaca as his webhost. His site was down like 2 days every month... Good thing he changed. ouch....."

ouchhhhhh

Need say no more!

Originally posted by sv95
    Canaca [dot] com host over 30,000 + Clients, They are a good company trust me
    I'm sorry, but based on personal experience on behalf of one of my (and one of their FORMER) customers, Canaca is pure and utter garbage. I cannot even begin to tell you how poor the quality of their network AND support are. And I was supposedly dealing with the VP of Canaca. Search for my posts about them, and you'll start getting a clearer view of them. There's only one other company that I can't stand even more than Canaca, of which I've also gained a decent sized customer from.

This is not a plug for my services, as I am not accepting clients at this time, so don't ask.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Yeah, a few friends of mine have had some terrible issues with Canaca, and this is why I don't really like them.

What I'm curious about, is if their $3.95 plan gives someone 200GB, which is more than most need, why would anyone go for the beefier package?

That $16.95 a month price is only good if you pay 24 months at a time?! Same with the $3.95 price?
    Last edited by ANRHost; 04-15-2005 at 03:02 PM.

lots of space and transfers.