Life planned out already?

Just wondering is life planned out before we even know it? It just seems strange how some things seem so planned out, and yet I did not know anything about it. Like I was over at a friends place, and decided to go home early (2 am).

I was driving and I saw this kid who broke down middle of no where, and he said it just broke down about 10 minutes ago, and his phone died on him today. So I gave him a ride home.

Do you think life is already planned out, and you are just following the plan without really knowing you are?

Re: Life planned out already?

Originally posted by Torith
    Just wondering is life planned out before we even know it? It just seems strange how some things seem so planned out, and yet I did not know anything about it. Like I was over at a friends place, and decided to go home early (2 am).

I was driving and I saw this kid who broke down middle of no where, and he said it just broke down about 10 minutes ago, and his phone died on him today. So I gave him a ride home.

Do you think life is already planned out, and you are just following the plan without really knowing you are?
    it is planned out..but we control our own actions...

yeah that doesn't make sense

I would really, really, really hope not. It would mean some of us are guaranteed to make it, while others of us are guaranteed to fail no matter what.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

I definately DO NOT think life is planned out. I make my own choices, good and bad, we all control our own destiny.
    Brandon L
    *DedicatedSpace.com - JaguarPC.com
    * Quality web hosting since '98
    Call 800-558-5869 or Email sales@jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by BrandonJPC
    I definately DO NOT think life is planned out. I make my own choices, good and bad, we all control our own destiny.
    Though what if it is all planned out already, but you think you are making your own choices, but really you are not? What if every choice you are making or have made is planned out, and there is no such thing as "free will"?

seems we control our own destiny.

Either way, even if we aren't, there's really no way to tell. For all purposes it at least feels like we control our destiny.

We control the route we take, but we don't control the endpoint.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Decisions we make today can affect the future, but the predictability is unreliable because there are so many variables we don't control. However it works well enough often enough that it generally helps us to think strategically. For that reason our minds have evolved in ways that make us create concepts like destiny. In retrospect we see destinies having been fulfilled, so we project to the idea of a destiny that awaits us, and think of it as a thing that's already there waiting for our observation to catch up with it.

Re: Life planned out already?

Originally posted by Torith
    . . . Do you think life is already planned out, and you are just following the plan without really knowing you are?
    Life is a series of choices. You write your own book!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Sheps
    We control the route we take, but we don't control the endpoint.
    Why don't we control the "endpoint", given the endpoint is the result of the "route" that we have control over?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Erk.. this thread kind of smells of 'Philosophy 101'.

Life's not planned out. My funky existance to date I think is proof of that.

Born in New Zealand
    Grew up in Australia
    Married a girl in the US, and live here now.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I'm reminded by the famous quote:

The Choices We Make Dictate The Life We Live.

Your life is already planned out. Yes you are making your own choices, but the plan knows which choices you will make. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Make a choice the plan doesnt know that you are going to make

Originally posted by Webdude
    Your life is already planned out. Yes you are making your own choices, but the plan knows which choices you will make. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Make a choice the plan doesnt know that you are going to make

Poetically speaking:

Life is a series of paralell choices intertwining in unison within an infinetly dimensional and limitless illusion.

Scientifically speaking:

Life is a series of choices that affect our next choice, there are uncontrollable factors but we (as humans) have universal control over our decisions. Everything has an opposite

Mathematically speaking:

Life is an integer that should be multiplied by a random variable and then added to a constant.

English speaking:

Life is life. Just accept it

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius