* I have entirely lost faith in humanity.

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/s...=wn_wire_story

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A 16-year-old disabled girl was punched and forced to engage in videotaped sexual acts with several boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses.

Authorities are investigating and no charges have been filed in the alleged attack last month at Mifflin High School. Four boys suspected of involvement were sent home and have not returned to class.

Also, the principal, Regina Crenshaw, was suspended and will be fired for not calling police, school officials said. And three assistant principals were suspended and will be reassigned to other schools. Crenshaw had no comment Tuesday.

The girl was forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys, according to statements from school officials, obtained by The Columbus Dispatch. Part of the alleged assault was videotaped by a student who had a camera for a school project.

School officials found the girl bleeding from the mouth. An assistant principal cautioned the girl's father against calling 911 to avoid media attention, the statements said. The girl's father called police.

Her father said the girl is developmentally disabled. A special education teacher said the teen has a severe speech impediment.
    http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/11374736.htm

Associated Press- Witnesses say students watched girl's alleged sexual assault

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 16-year-old girl was punched and forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of students watched, according to student witness statements.

Mifflin High School officials who found her bleeding from the mouth March 9 did not call police, and an assistant principal cautioned the girl's father against calling 911 because the media might get involved, according to statements from school officials obtained by The Columbus Dispatch.

But the girl's father insisted on calling police and contacted them later that afternoon.

Part of the alleged assault was videotaped by a student with a camera he had for a school project, said the statements provided Monday by the district.

In the statements, which have students names blacked out, one student said the boys told the victim: "If you scream, I'll have all my boys punch you."

Someone then "punched her in the face and she dropped to her knees," the witness said.

The district has said that four boys were under investigation, and had been sent home, for suspected involvement in the case. The boys still are not in school, Andrew Marcelin, a Columbus schools spokesman, said Tuesday.

One witness looked for a school security guard but could not find anyone, he told investigators.

"We went back to the auditorium; the victim was 'butt naked,'" the witness said, and someone "was on top of her."

The attackers then ran from the scene, and witnesses helped the girl get dressed before taking her to a security employee, who is not a police officer.

The girl "looked dazed and confused and was crying," special education teacher Lisa Upshaw told an investigator.

The victim's father, whom the newspaper did not identify, said his daughter is developmentally disabled. Another special education teacher said in her statement that the girl has a severe speech impediment and can be difficult to understand.

After school officials had known about the attack for an hour, Assistant Principal Richard Watson watched the video.

Upshaw called the victim's father, who immediately demanded that police be called when he joined his daughter in Watson's office.

"Mr. Watson said, 'No we don't want to do that, we don't want the police,'" Upshaw told the investigator.

In his statement, Watson said he told the father to "go ahead and call," but not to call 911 because the "news channel might tape his daughter and cause her further mental trauma."

Superintendent Gene Harris said it would be extremely inappropriate for a district employee to dissuade someone from having police investigate.

Watson and two other assistant principals were suspended without pay for 10 days and will be assigned to different schools when they return.

The Columbus School Board placed Mifflin Principal Regina Crenshaw on unpaid leave April 5 while it begins terminating her contract. Crenshaw was present when the alleged assault was reported yet failed to call police, Harris said.

No one answered Tuesday at a phone number listed under Watson's name in Columbus, and Crenshaw declined comment.

The assault allegations are expected to be turned over to prosecutors this week.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

wow that truly is sad and pathetic
    If I saw someone doing that i would just beat the **** out of them.
    Targeted Traffic – Premium Targeted Traffic For your site from ProTraffic.net

Yes i would also......I would take a chair or something and just let loose!!!!!!!!

lucy it wasn't in my school. If I would of saw this happening i'd kick their *** along with several of my football buddies.
    Kerry Jones

That's absolutely disgusting...

The sad part is, who is the worst - the kids that actually did it or the ones that stood by and watched. I'm sorry, but I could not have watched anything like that. This is when one wishes we could bring back a few of the medieval methods of punishment.

WOW. That's terrible.

That is outrageous.

I can hardly believe my eyes. Who could be that heartless and cruel!

I hope those youths find themselves engaged in a hefty prison sentence.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

That is just.. outrageous. It does remind me of a book I read in Religion class where almost the same thing happened, except it was not just a 'few guys' but about half of a baseball team. I can't believe these people even get away with it for more than a few minutes, I know if I saw that going on I would -- for lack of a better term -- straight up kick the crap out of every guy near her.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

yeah what is worse? the ones who watched? or the ones who did it?

no doubt im guessing that these people probably would have been the football jocks/biggest kids at the school (@ kerry jones since you mentioned football buddies ) i mean, if it was a small kid im sure someone would have stepped up but since these were most likely the biggest/toughest kids there, everyone was in fear of getting beat up anyway.

But man.....numbers will always win...those people cant win a 50v4 man....i would have thrown a chair at them too and then bum rushed them
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Lets just hope that when those guys go to jail, the guards let everyone know why they are there.

Yeah, I'm just as amazed that "dozens of students watched." I really wonder what they were thinking. Were they watching in amazement, stunned that it was really happening? Amusement? Horror?

It's a common occurrence though--something gruesome happens in public and a crowd watches, doing nothing. I can understand the fear of getting involved--it's scary, you think someone else must have already notified the authorities, and if you rush out there your actions are going to be watched and judged by all these people. I have always hoped that if I am in a similar situation that I would have the presence of mind and guts to do what's right and help the victim.

A few years ago I was downtown by a lightrail station and I saw a man stumbling off the street. He was clutching the side of his head with his hand and blood was trickling out. Someone asked if he was okay, and he stammered "Yeah, I'm fine," then laid down on the pavement. His hand relaxed from the side of his head and blood squirted out. I assumed he had been hit by a car or the train. There was a large crowd of people watching--one man in particular was videotaping the whole thing. I was thoroughly disgusted that someone would do such a thing. I didn't have a cellphone on me, so I looked for a public phone to call an ambulance. Someone else beat me to it, so I figured the best thing I could do was leave and keep from adding to the scene (there were probably thirty or so people watching and a couple of people were already attending to him).

I had wondered what happened to him and if he survived. Years later, I was watching tv and I saw that exact scene play out on tv--the man stumbling off the street, holding his head, gushing blood--on an episode of Jackass. The whole thing had been staged. He had never gotten hit by a car or anything. The whole prank was for him to pretend his brain had exploded and was gushing out his ear.

Originally posted by JTY
    Lets just hope that when those guys go to jail, the guards let everyone know why they are there.
    Amen to that.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

An assistant principal cautioned the girl's father against calling 911 to avoid media attention

Lol at IvialisRyan , there are some peolpe that might have you mistaken but for the most part most people wont
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

This is atrocious; those who idle and watch without trying to do something about a situation are, IMHO, the criminals.

It's a classic mob mentality, and there will sadly always be one. Where there is a mob, there is irrationality and insanity.

This is totally disgusting. How could they sit by and watch this happen?

If I was there I would of went nuts on those guys, every single person that watched it and did nothing should be punished and I hope that they feel remorse for the rest of there lives for letting something so dispiccable happen.

Originally posted by adam
    ... I hope that they feel remorse for the rest of there lives for letting something so dispiccable happen.
    And most of them may very well. Again, it's the mob mentality coming into play, and it can completely alter your normal pattern of judgment and reason.

Why just send the students home? They should be in jail... .

Originally posted by Torith
    Why just send the students home? They should be in jail... .
    I agree. This was a public act of rape against a disabled student. How heartless is that?

You call this sick ? I sure hope you mean this is the end of the civilized world. Those idiots were having fun traumatizing a disabled girl, who in her own mind would probably have seen everyone as abusive towards her already. Those kids, along with those who watched, and all staff that knew but did not do anything about it should all be sent to a third world country prison and tortured.

I agree 10000% mate!!!!!

This is terrible that ppl would just sit there and do nothing!!!!!

I feel sick now I hope justice is served and I feel very bad for the girl

Thats nasty. I reckon the boys who performed the sexual acts, AND anyone who watched should all be punished.
    Those who watched, maybe Community Service for a year, those who performed I would say Jail!

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

I hope all the people standing by and doing nothing get punished in some way too.

they will surely rott in he****ll......
    HOpe the little girl will be ok

God Bless her
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

I really can't believe there are people around that would actually do that. I hope they get locked up for a long time