Thread: Qmail issue

Qmail issue

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if it spossible to fine tune the qmail so if it receives xx number of emaisl in xxx time from teh same ip it ban that ip and send me the report ?

Best Regards,
    Namesniper
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Hi
    I could of course be wrong but I don't think you can do this with qmail as it stands. Options
    Look at doing it in your firewall ruleset, I know iptables can do connection rate limiting.
    Look at a different superserver that has this functionality to run the smtpd.
    Write a small program that sits between tcpserver and qmail that looks up the connecting IP checks whether it is connecting to often and then drops the connection if it is ?

I guess this isn't really the answer you where after

Pete

Correct,i can use this info as an instructions but i cant implement them because i am not a programmer..
    Anyway thanks for info

Originally posted by jesta
    Hi
    I could of course be wrong but I don't think you can do this with qmail as it stands. Options
    Look at doing it in your firewall ruleset, I know iptables can do connection rate limiting.
    Look at a different superserver that has this functionality to run the smtpd.
    Write a small program that sits between tcpserver and qmail that looks up the connecting IP checks whether it is connecting to often and then drops the connection if it is ?

I guess this isn't really the answer you where after

Pete
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper