I need help so bad, please...host problems

I don't know who else to turn to. Please guys, give me any help/suggestions/ideas that you can.

I tried upgrading my IPB 1.2 board to 2.0 3 weeks ago. I dont know what happened, because I followed everything perfectly, but it didn't work. I kept getting a mysql error.

I then restored the database backup I had taken before upgrading, to a new database. The index page of the forums shows up, but whenever you click on a forum, you get a mysql error.

I've been going back and forth with my host, and IPB (where email replies are about 4-5 days apart) and IPB eventually said that if I upgrade to the latest version (2.0.3) that it should fix the problem. I asked if they could do it, they said yes, but they need SSH access so it doesnt 'time out' during the upgrade. I aksed my host, they said they don't offer it on shared hosting accounts. I asked if they could do it for me, they said they cant.

My forum has been down for 3 weeks now. I desperately need it working, without any loss in posts or members. It's VERY import to my struggeling new business. I dont know what to do anymore. I dont know who to turn to. The host wont help, and IPB wont. What can I do? You guys are my last hope. Please, someone give me some ideas. I'm losing sleep over this everynight...its killing me.

Thank you and God bless.

Hit me up with your AIM or MSN details in a PM and I'll help you restore your forums.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

IPB 1.2 is very dated software and has various security vunerabilities.

Obviously he / she decided to purchase a license and upgrade to the latest version to get the latest features and the enhanced security.
    BeeServe

Yes I don't mind uploading it on my website and messing with it to see if its just your host or something. If you need me, AIM info is in profile.

Honestly, I doubt its the host as MySQL will either work or not, unless the SQL server version is below the minimum requirements which is highly doubtfull.

Nonetheless, a nice offer from you arxor.
    BeeServe

Just thought I would offer,

Originally posted by arxor
    Just thought I would offer,
    For this reason I love WHT. All the members here are so friendly it makes my day
    BeeServe