Reselling Domains

Alright I want to sell domains to my users through Modernbill, however I do not want to sign-up for a reseller account because of the deposits.

Is there a program I can use to just redirect them to purchase the domain?

Am I just better off just using someone else's account and letting them make money?

I'm open for any suggestions.

Why not sign-up with a Directi based reseller ? If you go direct there's a minimum deposit, but a lot of us with accounts don't enforce a minimum deposit (although you'd be wise to keep enough to register a few domains as the system will barf if you try to register a domain with insifficient funds )

You can find cheap reseller accounts if you look around. I found one myself and I've been happy with it. There really aren't many domain affiliate programs that I know of for reasonable prices. I'd either try and partner up with a domain registrar or find a reseller account.

OpenSRS's initial deposit is also like something you use to "charge" your account as well. My understanding is you get it back as you register new customers.

One thing you ought to consider is how much of the "back end" you want to manage. Directi makes you do everythihng while some of the others do more of the backend for you and allow you to just get the profit without any of the staff to manage technical support issues relating to domain questions.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Ok maybe I just don't understand the depositing fully. When I open up an account and they ask for $100 deposit all that will be used to pay for domains?

Is there a thread that explains this clearly?

Right. For Directi you would be able to sell $100 worth of domains and would have to recharge the account. If I'm reading it right it works the same way for OpenSRS.

Places like Wild West Domains charge annual fees that are not deposits but charges to you to use their back end billing and support. Directi and OpenSRS leave most of the work to you.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I think modernbill works with Bulkregister and there is no deposit required. You just pay a membership fee of 50 bucks I think its at now.

instead of wasting $50 on setup fee, just get your self enom or directi account and refill it for $100 and you can use this money to purchase domains for your clients.

they both have good services like PDQ, RegistryRocket, MyOrderBox etc..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Now with a $100 deposit how much would the domains be sold for? How much of a profit would I make?

Originally posted by Prig
    Now with a $100 deposit how much would the domains be sold for? How much of a profit would I make?
    Your cost would probably be $8.95 for most TLDs. How much you sell the domains for and what profit you make would be dependent upon the prices you set.

Depends on how much you sell the domains for. Wild West Domain has a minimum price you can resell at (I think the profit is about $1.25 per domain) while Directi would let you sell at the price you buy them at (about $6.99 for a .com starting out). You can set your own price and determine your own profit.
    Rich

And this is all set through the control panel on the reseller's website right? So in Modernbill all I would need to do is enter in a few account details and it would be set to go?

to make it work with Modernbill you will be required to:
    1. Deposit $100
    2. ask Enom to add your server IP address through a ticket. without it you won't be able to connect to your account through modernbill.
    3. setup account details in modernbill

Enom also provides a test server where you can check that everything works with invoices and billing. you will be able to deposit test funds and register domains and manage these domains through modernbill as a client.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

Originally posted by DevilDog
    Depends on how much you sell the domains for. Wild West Domain has a minimum price you can resell at (I think the profit is about $1.25 per domain) while Directi would let you sell at the price you buy them at (about $6.99 for a .com starting out). You can set your own price and determine your own profit.
    So with Directi, I start out depositing $75 and then once that reaches $0 I just add more money and keep doing so? I never have to deposit the levels they show? Such as $675.00 or $1688 worth?

Your cost price reduces on the volume of sales, you can add additional funds to your account in order to reach the lower cost price earlier or you can just start out with the minimum deposit. Your choice.

If you want lower deposit and can accept higher base pricing, then signup as a reseller through an existing directi customer.