Buying a laser printer...

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could point me to a good laser printer review site.
    I have been to cnet, but I don't trust them... All the others sites were just confusing.

HL

Standard black & white, right?

What's your budget?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Originally posted by RossMAN
    Standard black & white, right?

What's your budget?
    b&w or color, I don't know yet.
    I would say up to $500.

HL

If you want to go to $1000ish budget, I have a 5100cn and think it's great. Probably the best $1000 I ever spent. The thing pumps out full color pages like no tomorrow.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I have an HP LaserJet 4P
    had it for a while, this thing is a beauty!

Originally posted by Jay Suds
    If you want to go to $1000ish budget, I have a 5100cn and think it's great. Probably the best $1000 I ever spent. The thing pumps out full color pages like no tomorrow.
    Looks pretty good:
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...,118804,00.asp
    and it costs only 1 cent for a b&w page.
    But I think the 3100cn would be better for me.

I have the Samsung ML-2152W (~$650), it's black & white, duplex, supports legal & Letter, built in wireless, ethernet, parallel, serial. It's great and well worth the cash. No Complaints!

I'll recommend HP LaserJet printers, they are pretty much bullet proof.

I've got an old LaserJet 4+, and it runs great.

For color, the Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300DL is very nice. I think my dad paid about $550 for his.

I have a Samsung 1710...Bought it for like 150 bucks canadian...does everything i need it to do. i can buy refills on ebay for like $40 bucks for 5...just have to buy a new catridge every 4/5 refills.. can print like 3000 pages per refill. for the price, it's amazing.

it's obviously a very compact, economical solution. you may want something a bit fancier...i know there is an hp colour that's about $400 bucks canadian (HP LaserJet 2550L)

I have 2 brothers, run like champs and the quality is great. They are just black/white however, can't speak for color.

i got a Dell 1600n works great haven't had any problems cept toner going out on me printed around 15k pages so far the only problem is that the envelope and odd size paper feeder isn't the best for keeping stuff straight along with it doesn't like to fuse onto my envelopes i got ( thye might just be chepa envelopes )

I can't help you as my family members each currently have a ink- and bubble-jet printers. However, I believe we used to have an HP LaserJet 4 series, and it printed extremely fast. At this point it is probably not sold anymore, and it is only black and white, but I think HP still makes quality printers, so you may want to look for an HP printer. I think one of my uncles has a color HP LaserJet of the 2550 series.

I had a Brother laser printer a few years ago. It worked well for a while, but then began having paper jams. I exchanged it under warranty. Brother sent me a refurbished one that didn't have paper jams, but smudged envelopes, which the first one didn't. Brother became difficult, saying I was using the wrong paper. Using genuine laser envelopes didn't help. I found a local service, and he said it was a bad fuser. He ordered replacement part, but after two weeks it didn't arrive. Finally despite being two months past the stated 30 day return policy, OfficeMax let me return it in trade for an HP inkjet printer. Hooray for OfficeMax! Boo to Brother!

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    I had a Brother laser printer a few years ago. It worked well for a while, but then began having paper jams. I exchanged it under warranty. Brother sent me a refurbished one that didn't have paper jams, but smudged envelopes, which the first one didn't. Brother became difficult, saying I was using the wrong paper. Using genuine laser envelopes didn't help. I found a local service, and he said it was a bad fuser. He ordered replacement part, but after two weeks it didn't arrive. Finally despite being two months past the stated 30 day return policy, OfficeMax let me return it in trade for an HP inkjet printer. Hooray for OfficeMax! Boo to Brother!
    too bad, never had problems like that with the 2 i have. I did have an old laser/fax brother that had some issues. Made sure to read lots of reviews before getting the printers I got though, I think any company can spit out a few bad models.