RHE without Dell Assistant cd

Hi

i have install today RHE onmy dell 1850 but i have install it with the dell Assistant cd because if i boot the server with th RHE cd it cant find the hard disk. After the installation with Assistant cd my server is ready but i have note that it have install all the package that i dont need as games, office etc and it have install also the Windows interface that i dont need with a server, so the question is how can i dont install all this package with Assistant cd? can i install RHE direclty from RHE cd?

thank you

Put in the Assistant cd, and select install from your own CD.

The issue is the MegaRAID2 support, what version of EL are you trying 4 should work OK, anything earlier won't.

Yes.. If you use RHEL/CentOS v 3.4 or 4 it should work fine. All you have to do is bootup from CD. I've done this many times.

no i use RHEL 3 because Cpanel still not support RHEL 4

Then use RHEL 3.4.

You mean you got 12 of these things and you can't get it to install at all? How'd you blow out the harddrive in your other post so quickly?

Did you pull out the harddisk and try to put it back in then install the OS? If so, your HDD might not be seated correctly if Dell Assistant CD and RHEL isn't seeing a harddrive. Take a look at your other 12 that should be functional to see if you have the HDD seated properly.

Otherwise, you should not be having this problem. Unless its a hardware error, which i seriously doubt.

Yeah I've done Centos 3.4 installs on a 1850 w/ a Perc4ei card in it, it works fine, except you cant do a network install, because the drivers for the network cards in 3.4 are buggered (4.0 works fine though).
    Matt Mills
    Ceteranet Network Systems - www.ceteranet.com
    mmills@ceteranet.com

i have scsi driver and all work fine with CEntos but u can't install RHEL without DEll assistant cd, i have found the solution here
    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...essage.id=2648

If you are goign to use the 3.0 CD you should update all your packages/services manually before you put them into production.

I just saw mysqld compromised with a base RHEL 3.0 install w.o the updates. Be forewarned!

no i dont want install any packages because as i told i will use cpanel that will install all the packages athat i need

Originally posted by adapter
    no i dont want install any packages because as i told i will use cpanel that will install all the packages athat i need
    okay. it was just a recommendation. You should still be careful considering you're running an unpatched version of linux.