DNS services, need some suggestions

I am looking for a DNS service that can handle around 150 domains. I know this is not a load but I have some clients who require certain SLAs and guarantees (redundancy) and what not.

I have some very picky TLDs as well - for example .DE. So I would need access to modify all types of records (SOA, NS, MX, A, CNAME, TXT and so on). So basically, I need a interface (with bulk management) and an API so I can integrate with my billing/CRM/support.

So far, I only know of easydns.com. Which looks nice, but they are also pricy (25 USD/Domain/year).

Not looking for dumping prices, but I would be thankful for suggestions since I don't know too many places to turn and I almost never buy from the first.

Please note:
    I am not looking for some one man shows to make great offers here. I need a suggestions for reliable companies.

Thanks,
    Till

What about using your registrar's name servers (DNS)?

I am personally partial to eNom's 5 name servers that are setup in multiple locations, and are free to use if you use eNom as your domain registrar. But I admittadly have a strong bias on this matter.

Originally posted by Divaqs
    What about using your registrar's name servers (DNS)?

I am personally partial to eNom's 5 name servers that are setup in multiple locations, and are free to use if you use eNom as your domain registrar. But I admittadly have a strong bias on this matter.
    Well, in 99% of the cases they fail to provide the API which I need for integration. For one, I don't know if enom has that, then I have no experience with them and I don't want to move all my domains to them either.

Thanks for your input though!

Dnsmadeeasy.com is reliable, not pricey and has a certain level of bulk management. Don't know they provide API, though.

Originally posted by till
    Well, in 99% of the cases they fail to provide the API which I need for integration. For one, I don't know if enom has that, then I have no experience with them and I don't want to move all my domains to them either.
    I know that this is a moot point since you don't want to move your domains to eNom, but eNom does have an extensive webservice based API that very likely can handle what you need, such as the API commands MODIFYNS, CHECKNSSTATUS, DELETENAMESERVER, GETDNS, GETDNSSTATUS, GETHOSTS, GETMAILHOSTS, SETHOSTS, GETREGHOSTS, GETSPFHOSTS, MODIFYNSHOSTING, REGISTERNAMESERVER, SETDNSHOSTS, SETSPFHOSTS, UPDATENAMERSERVER [Note: API access is available to eNom resellers]. All of which are carefully documented.

What makes eNom's API so good is that eNom's varying websites and services completely rely on the same API, so it is closely watched for stability and always being expanded upon. eNom's biggest resellers and the varying 3rd party modules for handling domain registrations (i.e. DRAMS) use that same API for all their interaction with eNom.

But as I stated before.... I am very biased on this subject.

On the other hand... there are other registrars that provide APIs and DNS services as well.... though I don't personally have any experience with them... but some that come to mind are Directi and Wild West Domains.

But all of this is moot.

i was using eNom DNS for years before i switch to my own DNS

ZERO downtime, they have API and does all your needs.

you dont really need to switch your domains there to use their DNS service just subscribe into their DNS hosting service and you're up and running.

if you dont need API access there is several companies that offer free/paid DNS hosting such as sitelotuions.com everydns.net afraid.org etc..

good luck!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by P2T
    Dnsmadeeasy.com is reliable, not pricey and has a certain level of bulk management. Don't know they provide API, though.
    I'll have to agree, dnsmadeeasy.com does provide a great service! Had no problems with them... yet

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will be looking into that. Even ENOM.