SSL certificate on Subdomains Error

Hey guys,

I was trying to work out why an SSL certificate is not working on a subdomain, it works ok on normal folders -

When you use the subdomain, it loads the default webpage /index.php as the

Any ideas

San Jose, CA.
    I'm going to take a guess that you didn't purchase a Wildcarded SSL cert.

specific crap from Geotrust... but any other reseller will likely apply...:
    Secure Multiple Sites with One Wildcard SSL Certificate

If you're looking to secure multiple websites with one server certificate, True BusinessID® Wildcard is the easy, affordable solution. True BusinessID® Wildcard can secure multiple fully qualified domains that share the same base domain name if they share one physical server.

For example, if you need to secure the following websites:

and all of these websites are hosted on the same server box, you can purchase and install one Wildcard certificate issued to * to secure all these sites. The number of sub domains that you can use the wildcard certificate to secure is unlimited, for example, the same certificate can be used every time you add a new sub domain to If you need to span the wildcard certificate across multiple physical servers, you may purchase additional licenses.

Yes it was not that one so you have to specifically purchase one that allows SSL on subdomain's and really I only need it for the one domain.

Brisbane Australia
    If you want it specifically for the subdomain then you must order it using not

It will only work for the domain you order it for.
    If you want it to work on a subdomain then you have to setup the subdomain up on a dedicated IP address then generate the csr using the subdomain name. order the certificate using the subdomain name and then install it.
    Ron Rogers
    Need SSL Certificates? ( International Affiliate)
    Put Your Mark on the WWWorld with WEBY Systems