Need suggestions from professional SEO

Hi

i was wondering if someone can give me some suggestions on what could be the problem with my site.

ok the site is about 6 months old.

I am between number 1-3 for my keyword. on msn and now even on yahoo

About 1 1/2 months back someone posted on the forum that google is making big changes to the sites that where in the sand box. (don't know if that happened or not)

but anyway my site became number 3 for my targeted keyword on google. it was there for few weeks and then it just disapeared.

I have a lot of links pointing to my site. and they are all either directories or other related sites, lots of homepage links from other related sites. i have more back links then the top sites on google for my keyword.

so what do think could be the problem, do you think its a matter of time or my site could be banned by google?

Hello:

Google I think is a priviledge. If you have been using some fancy SEO tools to bulk sumbit your web site across the net, then that might be why. I hope all works out well.

saghir69,

It is not necessarily a ban. Are you able to find yoursite.com in google ?
    Affordable SEO, SEM, Link Development from India
    www.searchmarketingindia.com

it could well be the "sandbox effect" - http://www.kenkai.com/google-sandbox...ect-filter.htm

watch where you get links from too.. vary your anchor text.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Many people report that they are not getting good results in the Google serps until more than six months has passed by.
    Web Design and Development
    www.primostar.com

I think there is some truth to the problems with google. I can't even find my forum in google using any of my keywords (and I have no idea why) we have thousands of indexed pages and i'm fairly high up on the other se's, i'm 9 on yahoo and was 1 on msn for a while....

Re: Need suggestions from professional SEO

Originally posted by saghir69
    Hi

i was wondering if someone can give me some suggestions on what could be the problem with my site.

ok the site is about 6 months old.

I am between number 1-3 for my keyword. on msn and now even on yahoo

About 1 1/2 months back someone posted on the forum that google is making big changes to the sites that where in the sand box. (don't know if that happened or not)

but anyway my site became number 3 for my targeted keyword on google. it was there for few weeks and then it just disapeared.

I have a lot of links pointing to my site. and they are all either directories or other related sites, lots of homepage links from other related sites. i have more back links then the top sites on google for my keyword.

so what do think could be the problem, do you think its a matter of time or my site could be banned by google?
    I noticed many of your inbound links are leased links from a broker.

How many months have you been leasing the links your getting from your link broker?

Google takes a few months to count those links while MSN seems to count them pretty quickly and reward sites.

It may end up working out but Google and Yahoo are not ignorant of the fact that there are sites that rent out PR and they won't immediately give you good ranking based on inbound links.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I never knew that, thanks. Any idea why google is giving me problems? I can't seem to find my site in google at all

Re: Re: Need suggestions from professional SEO

Originally posted by DevilDog
    I noticed many of your inbound links are leased links from a broker.

How many months have you been leasing the links your getting from your link broker?

Google takes a few months to count those links while MSN seems to count them pretty quickly and reward sites.

It may end up working out but Google and Yahoo are not ignorant of the fact that there are sites that rent out PR and they won't immediately give you good ranking based on inbound links.
    leased links? are you looking at the links for www.arcadegamesforum.com ? i have no leased or paid links for the site. all most all the links are from other games sites.

OK. I just looked at your link popularity and checked who was linking to you. They have the look and feel of text links leased from text link brokers. A number of sites that link to you have a standard: Our Friends area where your links are with all the same link text. If they're all legit then cool but I thought they looked leased.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

nah they all link exchanges, the site is linked in very well from other online gaming sites.

There is an age filter in Google and it is a known SEO fact that new sites don't rank for their keywords except some obscure terms. This is happening from more than 1 year and unless you have an old domain, don't count on it. It was also confirmed by the recently released Google patent application docs.
    And as the current situation stands, there's no idea when Google will start ranking new domains - only Google knows.
    Affordable SEO, SEM, Link Development from India
    www.searchmarketingindia.com

Probably worth your while to read a few items on the subject:

socengine.com/seo/guide/sandbox-solutions.html - discusses the changes you asked about from Feb.

socengine.com/seo/tools/sandbox-tool.php - tool to check how "deep" in the sandbox your site is.

I hope those can help. The sandbox is certainly among the most contentious issues people have with Google, but it can be broken out of - eventually...

Best of luck!

thanks randfish for the links.

google are being dicks tho, what kind of solution is that. if they can't tackle spamy sites they just block everyone.

Google treats everyone the same way with their algorithm. It's easy to take it personally and wonder why your site isn't getting the props that others do. Some of it has to do with some blackhat SEO tricks that people play but the bottom line is that the legit sites that attract and keep customers. The tortoise eventually beats the hare. I have a hard time being patient though and sometimes worry about the short term. Focus on a great site (and you have a pretty nice one) and continuing to building links and eventually you'll reach the tipping point.
    Rich