Godaddy employees

April 2005 Godaddy news letter
    That's why I'm proud to announce the opening of our third call center in the United States. Our new operation in Gilbert, Arizona will initially seat 450–500 full-time employees and within a year is projected to reach capacity of 1,200–1,400 full-time employees. That's a good thing for the people of the Phoenix-area, and a great thing for each and every one of our loyal customers.
    HM

After I posted, I realized what happened. Somehow in my gmail, the dash between 450 & 500 , 1200 & 1400 turned into commas.. though I thought it said 1.2 million new employees woops
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!

I think it's one thousand, two hundred to one thousand, four hundred new employees.

Ah! (Now noticing an edit to the original post.) Yeah, sometimes weird things happen.

That's a great thing indeed. But still the domain ownership transfer is still the slowest of them all!
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

More employees is a good thing... good job GoDaddy.. now get some better support
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

wow .. didn't realize godaddy was this big ..
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

Congrats to GoDaddy. Just hoping that it will be knowledgeable staff though.

What does GoDaddy do with 1k employees? They're large, but I can't imagine what they do taking up that much manpower.

Did they always employ in the USA or are they switching over, not only more jobs is good but USA support jobs, not outsourced..

control panel

Originally posted by Jeffreyw
    That's a great thing indeed. But still the domain ownership transfer is still the slowest of them all!
    Not only that but I experience very slow loading times with their control panel, as is too stuffed (view source).

I have wrote them about it and see the result, same

As a service and customer support related to domain names I haven't encountered any problem, fast enough to solve the issues I had.

As for so many employees I don't know but I use math a little as a curiosity.

I assume would be an average of 800/call centre, that would be a total of 2400 employees.

If we think they allocate an average of 5 minutes/customer we find out that they can sustain at a given time ~480 customers. But not all are working at same time, if we think on some shifts they might be half at work at a given time, that makes them able to support ~240 customers at one given time.

Now, we assume that in one hour, 45 minutes are filled with work, that would mean 9 customers/support person/hour. In an 8hr schedule would be able to handle ~72 customers.

72(8hr timescale)*1200 = 86.000 customers served per 8 hour.

As I understand from their saying they reach few million domain names registrations, if we add hosting and other (many) services they offer, we might find out that there are not SO many employees on support side.

Am I out of my mind? Please leave your opinion.
    Custom logo design
    17+ years of experience, customers in over 100 countries
    www.ypson.com

Wow, so they will literally be across the street from me.

I like Godaddy,very nice ppl there.......

I just filed a complaint about a site registered on thier network.....I dont think they would like the contents on the offending site........ And i am one to help Good companies

I would recommend Godaddy for a 1st timer

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I think Godaddy needs to open up a call center in Fort Worth, TX. If they were to do this i'd defiantly apply to be an employee.
    Kerry Jones

According to webhosting.info, GoDaddy is now on the way to becoming one of the largest domain registrars in U.S. (with a pretty significant share of the hosting market, as well).

The CEO, Bob Parsons, has an excellent blog at www.bobparsons.com and according to it, their recent Super Bowl ad is considered to be one of the most successful and effective ads of all time. Who would've thought?

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

Go Daddy's already the top registrar if you count their other holdings. Their sister companies Wild West Domains and Blue Razor combined have more than the Network Solutions portfolio.

Originally posted by Jeffreyw
    LoL haha good one!

So are they calling up businesses to sell their stuff? or just for support
    Looking For Wholesale Promotional Products?
    Promotional Products | Imprinted Promotional Products
    Coming Soon...Promotions For Webhosting Series

I know they're a big company but I never knew they're that big...
    very good for them.

Amazing how domain registration companies can open huge offices like this. Anyone know the average profit each company such as GoDaddy (not a reseller) makes per domain name?

no idea about the profit, but it still can't be much .. you'd hope they have some supplemental income (i.e. back ordering domains, websites, etc.)
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

Well if TP can sell there domains for 5.99 (I'm sure at this price there still making some profit) and GoDaddy sells theres for 8.95..There must be a good chunk there, but you also must take into consideration GoDaddy's overhead compared to TP's (I'm talking in terms of domain registrations -- not datacenter overhead).

Originally posted by AdWatcher-Boris
    According to webhosting.info, GoDaddy is now on the way to becoming one of the largest domain registrars in U.S. (with a pretty significant share of the hosting market, as well).
    Boris
    they are #1 if you combine their sister company wild west domains
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi