* Pit Bulls Save Woman

For once, a positive story about pit bulls. This just touches my heart like crazy!!! (2 Beautifull dogs come to her rescue)

A woman was pinned to the ground by a chow and had already been bitten several times, when two pit bulls jumped over her fence and fought off the chow.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...roic_pit_bulls

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Thumbs up

I heard about that earlier.

It's great for Pits! For once they have something positive in the news about them!

Pit bulls should be happy for this positive news
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

It just shows that not all animals can be mean! I think this is a great story... now for the owner should get in MUCH trouble for this!

Pit bulls aren't born mean, pretty much no dogs are, the only dogs I know of with a physical propensity for meanness is chows, as it was explained to me the pure breds have a defect that's common where their (how did the breeder put it) skin stretches over their head and causes the dogs pain, so a purebred chow can tend to be meaner as it gets older, mainly because it's only being cranky about basically, having a headache all the damn time, which would make me bite too!

Pit bulls are great dogs, loyal to the max, they're great for kids (when raised with them), nothing and nobody will harass a kid who's being guarded by a loyal pit bull. Why do you think drug dealers use them so much? You put a pit bull guarding your stash or your ride and the only way someone's gonna get it is by first killing the dog.

Now pits do have a propensity for fighting other dogs, but only if they don't know the other dogs, if you raise them together or make it clear to the pit you're not gonna put up with it harassing it and things should calm down assuming it's not two males and females in heat are nearby, ain't no training in the world gonna stop male dogs acting like male dogs around a bitch in heat.

Pits just get a bad rap because they get raised to do things that aren't nice, they don't pop outta their mother "mean" or vicious. You want vicious you should see my grandma's poodle, that damn thing is vicious.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Aw come on, Yahoo Strange news had a story on before about a man who came back from the future and won $760,000 from the stock market. Yahoo Strange News is nothing but a supermarket tabloid and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. A red chow is a 10 or 20 pound dog! She could've just threw the dog off of her... I do agree with Dixiesys, pitbulls are one of the best breeds of dogs out there if they're raised right (I've personally owned one before) and they can be damn mean to other dogs if they don't know 'em, but that's why you keep 'em away from other animals. Mine loved people and would always run up to someone (but she didn't jump on them because she was trained not to) and wait to be petted.. Only time she acted mean is if she thought one of the family members were in danger (same should go for any dog)....

Nice to hear some good news for once

We have a pitbull here at the units where I live, he is a gentle giant and loves going for walks with me. A few weeks ago he came with me to the local shop and on the way back he met this "other dog" and I left them eyeing each other off, next thing I was flat on the ground. "Other dog" chased pitpull and mowed me down in the process they had a bit of a brawl and when I tried to get up, "other dog" was baring his teeth in my direction, pitpull scruffed him by the neck till I was able to get up and walk away

Originally posted by varg
    A red chow is a 10 or 20 pound dog! She could've just threw the dog off of her...
    WTF kind of chow do you know?? I didnt know they made minichows. Chows get to around 50 pounds average. Well fed, they can get more.

Pits are much tougher, a chow is well protected by his thick layer of fur. Legs and face and belly are the only other places dogs can sink their teeth into. And they "will" attack people if not well kept.

Originally posted by varg
    Aw come on, Yahoo Strange news had a story on before about a man who came back from the future and won $760,000 from the stock market. Yahoo Strange News is nothing but a supermarket tabloid and shouldn't be taken seriously at all. A red chow is a 10 or 20 pound dog! She could've just threw the dog off of her... I do agree with Dixiesys, pitbulls are one of the best breeds of dogs out there if they're raised right (I've personally owned one before) and they can be damn mean to other dogs if they don't know 'em, but that's why you keep 'em away from other animals. Mine loved people and would always run up to someone (but she didn't jump on them because she was trained not to) and wait to be petted.. Only time she acted mean is if she thought one of the family members were in danger (same should go for any dog)....
    I thought they were referring to a chow chow that's red since they do have other colors. Can you tell me more about this mini chow?

I love Pit bulls, but the requirements to own one here are ridiculous.

Ive been Bit by a Chinese Chow Chow... The ones that look Gold.. The worst part that it was a Police officers home dog...

That dam thing tore the meat off my leg.. i still have scars.. 150+ stitches the dog was then put too sleep...

Here are some chow pics and info: chows!

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

Height: 18-22 inches (46-56 cm.)
    Weight: 45-70 pounds (20-32 kg.)
    This must not be the correct dog. Are there other chows? It could have been a mix.

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    when I tried to get up, "other dog" was baring his teeth in my direction
    Oh my. Im glad your OK Jan

God Bless

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I'm not sure if there's any truth to it or not, but I've heard that some pits can turn mean for a similar reason to chows. As they get older, their brain swells insider their skull, pressing against it. Basically, their brain gets larger, but their head doesn't. This in turn, causes them to go insane.

Are there any vets in the house that could shed some light on this one?

Originally posted by Rman2003
    I'm not sure if there's any truth to it or not, but I've heard that some pits can turn mean for a similar reason to chows. As they get older, their brain swells insider their skull, pressing against it. Basically, their brain gets larger, but their head doesn't. This in turn, causes them to go insane.

Are there any vets in the house that could shed some light on this one?
    That's not true. That is only the case with Doberman Pinchers because they have such small skull cavities.

Originally posted by Webdude
    That's not true. That is only the case with Doberman Pinchers because they have such small skull cavities.
    There are always bad apples in every breed. Its like humans there are bad ones and there are good ones. The worst ones that make the news are pit bulls because just about everybody has one.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

@WebDude

Thanks for clearing that up.

Amazing story, and I thought my min-pin was mean
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

I have a story about pit bulls. My friend's godfather got this puppy pit bull -- and when I was over at their house -- I would play with him a bit while rolling around on the carpet -- cutest little thing.

Then, I moved out of the state for a few months -- I came back for a visit and they had put the dog in the yard (since he'd gotten big). I went in the yard to see how big he was (not thinking that he would remember me) -- and he "ruffed" and ran towards me -- I thought he was going to bite my head off -- but instead, he got on two feet -- put his giagantic paws on my shoulders, knocked me down -- and started to lick me like I was his favorite bone. Obviously he still remembered me After that, my opinion towards pit bulls was changed.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

lol, awesome, i dont mean to be like cruel or insensitive or anything, but i think it uowld be cool to see a dog jump over the fence and fight off another dog
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Originally posted by Webdude
    WTF kind of chow do you know?? I didnt know they made minichows. Chows get to around 50 pounds average. Well fed, they can get more.

Pits are much tougher, a chow is well protected by his thick layer of fur. Legs and face and belly are the only other places dogs can sink their teeth into. And they "will" attack people if not well kept.
    http://images.google.com/images?q=re...=Google+Search

A "red chow" is a small breed of chow.