Thread: Hosting Name

Hosting Name

Alright, I read an article in PingZine! about the greatness of thinking of a hosting name, but I would like something more dynamic then it explains to choose as one. WHT, please help me and throw me some idea's, even good words that may catch the client.
    New Hosting Company -- Coming July 2005
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers

wow, i love your signature

What is your target market? Knowing this will allow me to know how serious or funny I can be
    .-=={[(' Sitedesigner ')]}==-.

~Entrepreneur at heart~ Pm me.

I agree with Galfon, we need to know your target market before we can make any suggestions. Plus, for me finding a domain name was a big deal. Unless you intend on buying one, you better check around on that as well.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

You should take into consideration that whatever be the scope of your business it should such that which can be reflecting your business ability and the scope of your opertaion. July is around and you should be completing all these thing ASAP.

Do you want to use the word host in the domain? Do you think you will expand out of the hosting realm into other areas? These are the starter questions that need to be answered before anyone can really help.

I guess the easiest and most common option is
    www.[insertanythinghere]host(ing).com
    or www.host(ing)[insertanythinghere].com

I personally prefer a name without the "host". It may be more difficult to brand, but imo, it conveys a more distinguishable image, which is fast becoming more important as the commoditisation of the industry increases.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

Alright, here is my answers:

Galfon - My target market is basics shared hosting if I am thinking about how you addressed the question correctly. At the same time SSL Certificates and good support.

Professor - It could be a valuable assest to use host in the domain, but I already have had one and didn't get much. It was http://www.smarter-host.com Believe it or not, I still have the domain.

Gosh it seems to me like you already have a great domain name. I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it.

Think about these names:
    midphase
    site5
    varhost

In case you're wondering, they are not available because they are all successful web hosting companies that really don't have "catchy" domain names.

You will not become dominant in a highly competive industry like shared hosting simply by choosing a better domain name. Frankly I was kidding a little bit about your current domain name because it's probably worth some money. If I had a hosting company I would like to have your domain.

Personally the whole idea of owning the "perfect" domain name as the key to success is misplaced. It certainly helps to have the domain name http://www.webhosting.com but having a great domain name alone will not guarantee customers or that you'll pop to the top of the search engines.

I don't know much about the business side of running a web hosting company but I do know about promoting a website. My advice is to stick with the name you have and focus your efforts on creating a good web hosting company and building a web site that has really good design and ad copy that is compelling to the customer.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

big host

how about these's names:

big host
    flexi host
    need hosting
    hosting kick