Need a reliable email host don't care what it costs!

I don't have a website, but have my domain hosted with Registerfly. I have been losing messages off and on for weeks. They can't explain why.

I really need something 100% reliable, and at this time don't care what it costs. Can someone recommend the best site for email hosting?

Thanks!

www.everyone.net is a very good second option too
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I believe The Planet will host email-only. I've done that with them in the past. There are many with favorable opinions of TP when it comes to their primary offerings (dedicated servers, colo), so you may want to look into them.

I have had very good experiances with www.cotse.net. Check out their email only account.
    Checkout www.crunzh.com for nice freeware programs. Including a program for monitoring your webserver.
    Any opinions in this post, unless otherwise noted, are my own personal opinions.

Any host worth their salt will be able to offer a decent pop3 email service bundled in with their webspace. However i've used http://www.everyone.net/ in the past and it has worked well enough for me.

http://fastmail.fm - Been using them for years. 10 fingers up!
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Although I'm sure it's over-kill for your needs, I have a few clients that use mi8.com (hosted exchange) that are very happy with the service.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

If you get full website hosting, you can easily put your website up later without having to move hosts or upgrade.
    Mark Stevens
    GHXhosting.com Ltd - Shared & Reseller Hosting
    (UK/US) Dedicated Servers & VPS
    Server-Help.co.uk Experienced Linux server admin for hire

ICANNwholesale has a few e-mail hosting options that are quite affordable.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

I've used fastmail.fm and mailsnare.net in the past and they have been rock solid. Recently I switch to homepageuniverse.com to save money, but I liked the other two better (I just don't want to spend the extra money). HPU has been reliable, but it doesn't have some of the features I liked from FastMail or MailSnare.

I haven't used everyone.net, but I've heard good things about it.
    Figly Media
    Plesk 9.2.1 Shared Linux Hosting
    PHP 5.2.9, MySQL, PostgreSQL & more!
    http://www.figly.com

You folks will laugh, but after doing a bit of reading I ended up going with Yahoo. I only needed 1 email account, and little else. They are reputed to be the most reliable. For $35/year, I thought I'd go with a larger player.

No IMAP?! POP is soooo 1990's.

thing is with people way far from the hosting server its kinda SLOW to use IMAP to load things everytime you want a message.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by Bashar
    thing is with people way far from the hosting server its kinda SLOW to use IMAP to load things everytime you want a message.
    What are you blathering about? Use IMAP. If too far away from server, use closer server. POP still sucks. IMAP not slow, your connection sucks.

and who uses pop3 anyway ?

i'm just saying what imacts IMAP has over POP3 Mr. The Spook

Personally, I prefer POP3 if I am downloading to an email client, at least I get a copy of the mail on my computer. If I am away from the computer, Webmail serves me fine.

I guess different people have different needs so it is not that POP sucks and IMAP is great, just use what meet your needs and the world would be a happier place.

you can always use pop3 to keep a copy on the server
    OR
    configure IMAP to sync locally with your PC to have a offline copy

but the end its always whats the best for YOU not the best out there

Originally posted by Bashar
    you can always use pop3 to keep a copy on the server
    Yeah, until my client forgets which messages have already been read and downloads all the messages as new. I've just had too many problems with POP+leave mail on server. I've also accidentally forgotten to check the "leave mail on server" before, and voila, all my messages are removed. But I guess that's a personal problem And IMAP is cheap anyway (in many cases, cheaper than Yahoo POP and just as reliable). Yahoo does have a swank Webmail interface, though. I'd probably consider them if they offered IMAP.

If you only need one or two accounts and are willing to pay a fee, look at Mail.com

Their free accounts are loaded with ads, so I can't recommend those, but they do offer paid 'Premeir" accounts with expanded features and box capacity.

So far, Yahoo is so much better than Registerfly. I had problems of missing emails, but I didn't realize how bad they were until I switched!

www.fastmail.fm is the best, try it and you will not regret.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-17-2005 at 08:13 AM.

Originally posted by BoardHoster
    If you only need one or two accounts and are willing to pay a fee, look at Mail.com

Their free accounts are loaded with ads, so I can't recommend those, but they do offer paid 'Premeir" accounts with expanded features and box capacity.
    I would recommend AGAINST using Mail.com for their premium services. I have been a paid subscriber of Mail.com for 2 years. During that time, when they got bought by who knows (I think it was Outblaze) they managed to lose all my e-mail messages, even through they promised several times all mail would be migrated to the new system. About 9 months ago, their e-mail service was unavailable for 4 days. I was uanble to send or receive messages via POP/SMTP or web mail. Their "premium 24/7" support was useless since you could only contact them by e-mail!! I could not find a telephone number on their web site anywhere. After the 4 day outage, I gave up, bought my own domain and started hosting my own e-mail. I haven't had any problems since then.
    I N T H R I V E
    when you can't afford downtime
    sales@inthrive.com
    High Availability Web Hosting

"Use IMAP"...how?

I've either had or configured email accounts with eight different hosts within the last three years, and not one of them had IMAP support. Not one.

I wonder why that is?

So IMAP could very well be the cat's pajamas. But I wouldn't know, because I've yet to find a host that actually provides it.

usually hosts disable it to avoid keeping emails on the servers, or you didnt configure it by default