CRM / Relational Database?

What kind of CRM / Relational database software do you all use? I currently am using the Quickbooks Customer Manager 2.0, but also have the Outlook Business Contact Manager (came with office pro 2003).

I know a lot of people use ACT! but I'm not so sure if that is worth the investment, especially considering that I have the Quickbooks one, and it syncs with quickbooks for projects/customers etc.

The Quickbooks customer manager, also syncs and uses the outlook calendar/contacts, so when I hotsync my HP iPaq, I have all my customer data. And when I'm out and meet a prospect, or gain a new client in person, I can take their info on my iPaq, and it will sync up with everything else when I get back to the office.

Does no one else use this kind of software? Or does no one else know what it is?

If you are using QB for your accounting and you want everything to integrate, you need to realize that there isn't a bunch of stuff that integrates or plays well with QB. I think that will be your deciding factor.

Hope I understood your post correctly.

We are getting ready to put Microsoft CRM into the test phase at my day job. We use QB too, but have found that quite restrictive as far as integration goes.

What doesnt Quickbooks CRM that you want to do? Thats really the starting point.

Ive used ACT and GoldMine before.

Didnt like ACT as it is a resource hog and just runs sluggish and brutish.

GoldMine is what I am using now. It does everything I need and can also be added onto. I dont know if it links with quickbooks (what I use for accounting as well) and is the main drawback that I have with the program, but I also havent really searched for a intergration solution.

I may have to checkout the quickbooks CRM. Is there any reason you are wanting to swtich?

Well, I'm actually just getting my feet with with CRM software, so I'm not tied down to the quickbooks CRM, especially since I got it for free ($79 with $79 mail in rebate).

I'm just wondering what others use, what you like, what you've found works best for this kind of industry etc.

Which version of quickbooks do you have??

Quickbooks Pro 2005. Quickbooks cost me $299 after a $100 mail in rebate for my old copy (Quickbooks Basic 2003). The Quickbooks Customer Manager 2.0 was $79 with a $79 mail in rebate with the purchase of Quickbooks pro 2005.

I just got a great deal on the enterprise version a accountant client, basicly it comes out the the same price as primere. I dont really need all the extra features but eventually it will come in handy..

The video demo of customer manager seems very interesting. The current customer database manager inside of quickbooks seems extremely limited compared to the standalone application.

I like what I see so far, it syncs with quickbooks, and lets me update projects, contacts, tasks/to-do's, as well as assign relationships (contact A referred Contact B). It also syncs with outlook, so I can sync up my iPaq, and have my to-do list with me on the go.

One of the neat things, is the ability to create form letter templates, click on a user, then click 'write letter' and it will auto-fill their info into a form letter, that I can then edit in Word. Very handy for inputting a bunch of prospects, and then mass printing form intro letters letting them know about my business.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    I like what I see so far, it syncs with quickbooks, and lets me update projects, contacts, tasks/to-do's, as well as assign relationships (contact A referred Contact B). It also syncs with outlook, so I can sync up my iPaq, and have my to-do list with me on the go.

One of the neat things, is the ability to create form letter templates, click on a user, then click 'write letter' and it will auto-fill their info into a form letter, that I can then edit in Word. Very handy for inputting a bunch of prospects, and then mass printing form intro letters letting them know about my business.
    Yea I really liked that letter feature. Have you seen a feature for cards instead of letters. I write alot of thank you cards (people keep them around much longer than letters) and while hand writing them adds a personal touch its getting to the point where I my hand is about to fall off each day...

Re: CRM / Relational Database?

Originally posted by amish_geek
    What kind of CRM / Relational database software do you all use? I currently am using the Quickbooks Customer Manager 2.0, but also have the Outlook Business Contact Manager (came with office pro 2003).
    SugarCRM

www.sugarcrm.com

I've been playing with the open source version off and on for the past few months. So far I like what I see.

'course it takes a server to run it on. You might have to hunt around if you don't have one.

=C=
    [url=http://www.calevans.com[/url]

12. Take a look at ww.centriccrm.com . It is very nice and easy to use and integrates most CRM, ERP, helpdesk things all in one. Only downside is it doesn't do invoicing, but I think they are working on it.
    James Rennard
    AHDOnline.com
    Hosting for All Minds

I've previously used HEAT. But it was in a call-center environment with a lost of custom hacking done to integrate it into everything. We had flat panel monitors on the wall that displayed ticket volume, averate tickets per hour, tickets per agent, etc.
    http://www.frontrange.com/ProductsSo...x?id=35&ccid=6

why not use SugarCRM? it's LAMP based and free. unless you need extra feature you can buy pro edition.

btw, sugarcrm is opensource.

15. I've looked at Sugar but it is so technical and sort of all over the place. CentricCRM is free as well, at least at the regular level.
    James Rennard
    AHDOnline.com
    Hosting for All Minds

Originally posted by AHDOnline-James
    I've looked at Sugar but it is so technical and sort of all over the place. CentricCRM is free as well, at least at the regular level.
    problems, i have with CentricCRM, no contact, no demo (unless you fill out something), i dunno what liscense it develop under.

sugarcrm have sugarforge that help developer and it's under GPL. is CentricCRM open source or ???

sugar all the way
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Anyone else using Suger? Do you like it dislike it? What about CentricCRM?
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

I've checked out both and although I liked CentricCRM better due to the fact that it had the quote and PDF printing and emailing to clients I didn't like the fact that it was J2EE.

I like J2EE but it requires allot of server resource and I didn't want to invest into that yet.

So I'll probably look into Sugar some more since it's only PHP.

Still will be interested to hear from others.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps