AffordableHost Query

Anyone using Affordable host???

I have a client with them and was considering moving over some of my other clients to them. They had a great little chatroom site that was open 18 hours a day which was very handy. Unfortunately this and even their forum seem to be closed down indefinately. Anyone know the go here and if/when back up?

My time with them has been pretty good (3 months) but just a bit concerned with above. I repeat my time with them has been exceptional and I hope and I am sure that it will be in the future.

Just wondered what others have experienced and want to appease my mind that all is well there.

Tina from Affordable Host is a quite active member here at WHT. They have numerous reviews on them from the past, you may want to run a quick search.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

I am with them so I know how good they have been. Just wanted to know if there is anything to be concerned about as there support channels have diminished and this client I have is about to double the amount of traffic they get in the next 3-4 weeks.

Chatroom has been down because we have a major project going on which requires extra attention from our staff right now. We've temporarily shut down the chatroom, so as not to take away from our HelpDesk ticket turnaround time...which has always been the method that the majority of our customers contact us. Chatroom should return within the next week or so.

This project is expected to bring quite a few enhancements to AffordableHOST service and we are very excited to announce them very soon.

Our forum is down because of some security concerns with phpBB. Frankly, since the forum was only up for a couple of months and had to patch it several times...and we only had about 12 members on it...its not a super high priority to get it patched again and back up. We probably will, at some time in the future, get that back online though as I know the few who used it did enjoy it.

If you are concerned about support, I invite you to test our HelpDesk ticket system. You will notice that we are still very much the AffordableHOST you're used to...less the live chatroom for a week or so.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thanks Tina... Good to hear... Cant wait to hear whats on the horizon... Sounds interesting

If the support is half as good as it has been in the past you have me for life....

I wonder what'd happen to callisto sever....all my sites were down

ticket sumbitted...waitting for a reply

Originally posted by peynir
    I wonder what'd happen to callisto sever....all my sites were down
    Per the note I sent you in the helpdesk ticket - it was a DNS issue with your domain. The server is fine and your domain should now be back online and happy.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

We have a dedicated server with AffordableHost, and they have been very good at responding to helpdesk tickets when they are submitted.

Maximum response time was a couple of hours I think.. which I consider to be very good. We are getting good value from them.

I wouldn't worry about the chat room being down. Their support is still great.

Tina runs a sharp business and I have no problem recommending customers to them.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I've been with AffordableHost for about a half year and I am very pleased I choose them. I did a lot of research before committing to AH and I am confident I made the right decision.

When you compare hosts, they all offer about the same bells and whistles, so I looked at the businesses that offer the hosting.

Like someone mentioned above, AH owner Tina is an active member of these forums. As a result, I got to know the *business person* Tina. Her business philosophies are right on target, and that translates into a company that I trust.

The main thing I get from AH is peace of mind, which is worth more to me than a few extra dollars a month (that I could save hosting elsewhere). They are ALWAYS on top of things if something happens to go wrong.

Phil

For reselling purposes I would try to find a better deal.

Like someone mentioned above, AH owner Tina is an active member of these forums.
    Well apparently she just made her last post to wht....

"This will be my last post at WHT."...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=394339
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I wouldn't take it so literally Matt. I think (or at least hope) she meant it like "...last post until the current problems are sorted."

It's likely she meant for that issue/thread.

We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I hope so, she's a good member of the community.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I second that, she's taking a beating in there but many times that's where a good host and member of this community can show how they "shine"

Yes I have a Single A and a Single D account and they are very fast php and mysql. Much faster than powweb or ipowerweb. The downtime is acceptable for the price and performance. The Single A is just as good as the more expensive Single D, but less disk/bandwidth etc. I used to miss order emails from my shopping cart occationally with ipowerweb, but with AH, they all come through.

Edit: I guess this is a reseller forum and I have not done that with them.

sorry