How to get more customers for webhosting?

How to get more customers for webhosting?

How to get more customers:

1) STOP SPAMMING ON WHT
    2) http://www.entrepreneur.com/
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting Managed Dedicated Servers SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 www.webair.com 24/7/365 Support Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Google Adwords is great

Yeah google ad words is great if you have the money if not maybe you should just be patient and wait for the word of mouth to do it's thing.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Then again, if you don't have money you really can't have a sustainable business plan and maybe should reconsider getting into the industry.

Originally posted by wanga
    How to get more customers:

1) STOP SPAMMING ON WHT
    2) http://www.entrepreneur.com/
    I agree with number 1 entirely.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by blue27
    Then again, if you don't have money you really can't have a sustainable business plan and maybe should reconsider getting into the industry.
    Although this is a very true statement - the distribution of monies available according to the business plan is also a large factor. It may not allow for much advertising, but for more of other things. But one should definitely not get into the business without a nice wad of cash to fall back on for mishaps.

The best way to promote is to offer promotional rates and discounts especially when you first start out. Best of luck.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

That may work fine and increase the sales closure rate, but you still have to put the promotional rates in front of potential customers... Forums and press releases can help as free ways to promote, but their efficiency and the sales volume they can yield will always be limited.

wliu3
    Account Disabled

Don't have your account disabled on WHT

LOL that's funny arxor.
    Getting your account suspended in front of your potential clients is probably not the best way to go about promoting your new company.

If you want to gain a foothold in the industry you'll need a hefty marketing outlay to start. Many people come in seeing the low start-up fees but what they don't take into account is the ~$50 cost per customer aquisition for a brand new company.

Word of mouth is great, but not possible if you haven't got any mouths that the words can come from.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Originally posted by Laws
    Word of mouth is great, but not possible if you haven't got any mouths that the words can come from.
    That is very true Laws. Alot of times you see the question "How do I get more customers' or "What is the best marketing technique" and it is answered by people saying word of mouth is the best way.
    That is not what start-ups are looking for when they ask that question. They know word of mouth works great but they don't have customers to spread the word.

As much as it hurts I'm afraid the best thing we've found it chuck some small money at advertising. We've learnt that people need to keep seeing it over and over again. It took a while to start getting customers but now things are steady
    www.corevps.com - Hosting with Integrity

Originally posted by stokes_83
    That is very true Laws. Alot of times you see the question "How do I get more customers' or "What is the best marketing technique" and it is answered by people saying word of mouth is the best way.
    That is not what start-ups are looking for when they ask that question. They know word of mouth works great but they don't have customers to spread the word.
    Ah, those were good times. Trying to convince my 2 customers (friends of mine) to spread the word.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

I do not understand why people recommend Adwords knowing that recommending it will make it more expensive and difficult for themselves to obtain more customers !! Stop helping your competition to win against you !!

I personal don't like adwords...I had a bad expirence with them.

>I personal don't like adwords...I had a bad expirence with them.

Yeah ! That`s the kind of thing I wanna hear

Plus, if a hosting company has to put up adwords on there site to get income, obviously we are in trouble for the long run...

Actually we are talking about using Adwords to advertise, not to make money through Adsense. But...nevermind.