Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 131
  1. #1

    HostCreations / Interserver

    OK beyond ridiculous, Server went unresponsive again!! Remote desktop unresponsive, gameserver unresponsive, web server unresponsive.


    Please just test the hardware! I cant live through all these "tests"

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=393629

    I Just paid this month. ITS HORRIBLE! I dont know what to do. All I can do here is sit because no one responds! I have to stay with them the entire month since I just paid and theres no compensation for all this.
    Id rather actually not leave. Just because its a pain to move gigs and gigs of databases and gigs of software and reinstall everything all over again.

    You dont know how horrible it is to have 2200 people angry at you and hate emails. Its ridiculous!!!!!!

    Im about to go insane to the point of an emotional breakdown!
    I really really didnt want to post this but I cant take it anymore. Users are driving me insane and the slowness is driving me insane.
    Last edited by redundanthost; 04-13-2005 at 02:33 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    50
    Might I suggest you have a few beers and realize that:

    1) It's just a game.
    2) That if your users don't realize this fact, they should seek help.
    3) There are much more important things in life.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    game = money
    without money cant keep things going
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,163
    OK, first things, in the title of your post you're slating Interserver. You are a customer of an Interserver reseller, just because you aren't getting any response from your reseller, doesn't mean Interserver are a bad company.

    Have you tried phoning your reseller, or as a last resort phoning Interserver directly?

    Dan
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    OK, first things, in the title of your post you're slating Interserver. You are a customer of an Interserver reseller, just because you aren't getting any response from your reseller, doesn't mean Interserver are a bad company.

    Have you tried phoning your reseller, or as a last resort phoning Interserver directly?

    Dan
    Hahah our users spammed interserver's phonelines. Theyve been useless
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    I have to say, the situation with that server is horrible. The server crashes with probably a bluescreen, so it's impossible to reset it through the webinterface anymore.

    What's even worse, it takes hours just to get it back online, after filling out a support ticket.

    I am really shocked to see something like that happening.

    Hopefully your customers / users won't eat you alive while waiting for a response.

    In my opinion this should be stickied, or posted as a warning, since such things just are not supposed to happen.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Users of our server reading this, feel free to post. Be nice though lol.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,163
    Originally posted by redundanthost
    Hahah our users spammed interserver's phonelines. Theyve been useless
    And you expect that to help?

    "Oh our server's down, lets tell all our customers to phone Interserver and spam them, perhaps that might make things hurry along..."
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    And you expect that to help?

    "Oh our server's down, lets tell all our customers to phone Interserver and spam them, perhaps that might make things hurry along..."
    Well, im sorry I cant stop my users from whoising and finding phone numbers and telling other users about it.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,601
    Originally posted by redundanthost
    Hahah our users spammed interserver's phonelines. Theyve been useless
    That statement of getting your customers to ring up the data center (as you mentioned in other threads) you host at has to be one of the most unproffesional things I've ever seen mentioned on this board.

    Rus
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Originally posted by ptn1
    Might I suggest you have a few beers and realize that:

    1) It's just a game.
    2) That if your users don't realize this fact, they should seek help.
    3) There are much more important things in life.
    It may just be a game to you but would you put up with having to wait 8 hours to get in touch with a technician and then having the server down for 48 hours in 3 days?

    Whether it is a game or not does not matter, at the end of the day it is a server which he is paying for and he is not getting any useful support.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Originally posted by ptn1
    Might I suggest you have a few beers and realize that:

    1) It's just a game.
    2) That if your users don't realize this fact, they should seek help.
    3) There are much more important things in life.
    ptn1 may i ask you something? Do you know what commercial server hosting is? You pay a fee which some people get monthly for doing their jobs and in return you get a high-quality server with 99.99% uptime and excellent support.

    See, he is doing his part by paying the money, the service and quality are not there. You can say "It's just a game" if it's free, if it's not free the client can demand to get the quality he should get.

    Geesh...
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Originally posted by vaserv
    That statement of getting your customers to ring up the data center (as you mentioned in other threads) you host at has to be one of the most unproffesional things I've ever seen mentioned on this board.

    Rus
    whois an ip hun. plus its always good to check up on datacenter response times
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    what you expect of a server host when the server goes down due to hardware problems.
    1) You get moved a backupserver while a tech goes and fix your server.
    2) This happens withing an hour, and a tech is on call 24/7

    This is what hapened here:
    Server goes down.
    Takes 40 hours for a tech to do a hard reboot.
    8 hours later the server goes down again
    another 24 hours go by
    The server goes up again. and goes down again after a few hours

    in the meantime the hosting company gets over $200 a month for the hosting....
    either this server runs on windows ME or this hosting co. is recruiting random ppl from across the mexican border
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    $600 actually a month
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,163
    I think you're missing that you're putting all the blame directly on Interserver here, they probably aren't answering you because *YOU AREN'T THEIR CUSTOMER*...

    Are you getting any response from your reseller??
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    I think you're missing that you're putting all the blame directly on Interserver here, they probably aren't answering you because *YOU AREN'T THEIR CUSTOMER*...

    Are you getting any response from your reseller??
    Uhmm if its hardware problems like we are 9999999.99999% positive of I call that interserver's fault.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Originally posted by TheS4ndm4n
    what you expect of a server host when the server goes down due to hardware problems.
    1) You get moved a backupserver while a tech goes and fix your server.
    2) This happens withing an hour, and a tech is on call 24/7

    This is what hapened here:
    Server goes down.
    Takes 40 hours for a tech to do a hard reboot.
    8 hours later the server goes down again
    another 24 hours go by
    The server goes up again. and goes down again after a few hours

    in the meantime the hosting company gets over $200 a month for the hosting....
    either this server runs on windows ME or this hosting co. is recruiting random ppl from across the mexican border
    Remember to mention the fact that the person who answered the phone at the support line had no idea where the technician was and it wasn't until 3pm that he turned up!
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Originally posted by JonnyM
    Remember to mention the fact that the person who answered the phone at the support line had no idea where the technician was and it wasn't until 3pm that he turned up!
    hes prolly still in highschool
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,163
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    I was thinking that, but not about Interserver, more the original poster.
    you can leave this thread anytime you want now. Ill complain as much as I want to. I dont care for political correctness.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,277
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    the server were paying for isnt affiliated with our company.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    176
    Uh, it doesnt matter if its hardware or not. You bought your server through the RESELLER, so as is with most companies, your support most go through the RESELLER.

    For a little more going direct with Interserver, I bet you wouldnt be having these problems.

    Next time ask the reseller of the host youre going with, if the host will allow you to contact them for support directly if reseller cant be reached.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Originally posted by Ananke
    Uh, it doesnt matter if its hardware or not. You bought your server through the RESELLER, so as is with most companies, your support most go through the RESELLER.

    For a little more going direct with Interserver, I bet you wouldnt be having these problems.

    Next time ask the reseller of the host youre going with, if the host will allow you to contact them for support directly if reseller cant be reached.

    Well none the less their affiliated in some way so Im gonna leave it at that. Looking at my support tickets with the reseller, seems like its taken too long for some things when asked to by a tech and such.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    yawn server is always down so bord..... PTN hummmm
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Well call this mature.
    Our host yes its redundant.
    Asks us to go to the board and spam in any way.
    Sorry about this post but im cant let this happen.
    Yes the server might be down too long.
    Yes you are allowed to be angry.
    But dont show that on a forum with people who know what they are talking about.
    If you post anything before you've calmed down you wont get any help.
    Its just like when your calling your reseller they wont help you if your too angry. They also need you to be calm and explain the situation.
    You being anry isn't helping them either.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Secaucus, NJ
    Posts
    44
    Sigh.

    Phone thing was funny what can I say. The server is colo my best advise is to contact the company you bought it from. We even though we are not responsible for the server we tried to help. This situation is past the point of us being friendly. Please cancel your server with our customer. What ever money our customer makes off this server we will take it off his bill.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Originally posted by interservermike
    Sigh.

    Phone thing was funny what can I say. The server is colo my best advise is to contact the company you bought it from. We even though we are not responsible for the server we tried to help. This situation is past the point of us being friendly. Please cancel your server with our customer. What ever money our customer makes off this server we will take it off his bill.
    so you guys dont know how to repair it?

    I wouldnt cancel unless I had very nice compensation. And I still rather wouldnt. Id rather get it fixed!
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,277
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    am I getting a full refund?
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Secaucus, NJ
    Posts
    44
    Situation is simple. The phone calls have been border line harassment. The situation is not getting any better.

    Our client should establish a line of communication between us and the end user. Out of everyone that called we have no way to tell who that is. We can work with the end user to get this under control.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    10,573
    i lost $567.33 for HostCreations and never got a refund

    avoid them BIG time
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

    Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Originally posted by interservermike
    Situation is simple. The phone calls have been border line harassment. The situation is not getting any better.

    Our client should establish a line of communication between us and the end user. Out of everyone that called we have no way to tell who that is. We can work with the end user to getting this under control.
    im all confused now.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Originally posted by ptn1
    Might I suggest you have a few beers and realize that:

    1) It's just a game.
    2) That if your users don't realize this fact, they should seek help.
    3) There are much more important things in life.


    OMG! Man it doesn't matter if it's a game or it's something else! The point is:
    He pay for this server to "HAVE" the server online when he need or when he wants. I think it's the most stupid thing i have ever listen from a "professional". If your company doesn't do its work is your faught and you don't deserve be open.
    But there will always exists bad companys with bad professionals.
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Originally posted by interservermike
    Sigh.

    Phone thing was funny what can I say. The server is colo my best advise is to contact the company you bought it from. We even though we are not responsible for the server we tried to help. This situation is past the point of us being friendly. Please cancel your server with our customer. What ever money our customer makes off this server we will take it off his bill.
    How is it past the point of being friendly?
    There is a problem with the server, is there not? Isn't it your job as a technician to fix it? Whether or not they go through the reseller it should get fixed.
    What kind of incapable technician tells the customer to cancel their service, that is one I have never heard before.

    Ok fair enough I don't know the ins-and-outs of what exactly has gone on but from what I can see this is absolutely abysmal "support".
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37

    Thumbs down

    Let me say only a few of things....

    I work in Wanadoo Spain repairing servers 12H at day.. ok

    If a client is paying a service ALL the months (600$), and the server go off 4 DAYS!!! I will not pay 3 days. Very simply, why? Because the company doesn't have GOOD TECHNICS WHO CAN REPAIR THE SERVER and need to wait for a "person" (the "boss")

    This is totally bad for your name, more than 2000 gamers saying bad things about the company, and remember the gamers world is THE BIGGER COMMUNITY on the www

    Personally if the company dont repair the server soon.... PATHETIC.


    -] Excal
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,601
    As interservermike said its a colo server which means that is down to the reseller (hostcreation) to look after it. Most (if not all) colo are unmanaged. Interserver just provide a home for it nothing else

    Rus
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    389
    The problem is many different people are calling in regards to this server. We are only going to deal with our client, and whoever the client says is a point of contact. We will not reboot a server because someone has called up and said it needs a reboot, or has a problem. If that were the case any person who knew a server name can could get it rebooted.
    John Quaglieri - InterServer, Inc
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Bay Area - Ca
    Posts
    289
    Mike mentions that the server was colo. So that was not Intersever hardware.

    Is the datacenter liable or responsible of fixing client hardware??
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •